How long will we have to wait?

Old May 18th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default How long will we have to wait?

If anyone is familiar with the Dept of Child Support Services in CA,
can you tell me how long it takes to start receiving payments from
deadbeat dads? My fiancee' has a child support order since 2004, and
the ex has decided he just doesn't want to pay anymore. My fiancee'
provided the DCSS here in Sacramento with all the ex's information such
as home address, employer, child supprt order, etc. This situation has
us in a real bind since we are short over
$500.00 a month because this deadbeat has decided not to pay for the
past several months.
I would suspect the DCSS will issue a wage assignment since the guy is
still employed.

Old May 18th 06, 08:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

"SnTHoliday" wrote in message
oups.com...
If anyone is familiar with the Dept of Child Support Services in CA,
can you tell me how long it takes to start receiving payments from
deadbeat dads? My fiancee' has a child support order since 2004, and
the ex has decided he just doesn't want to pay anymore. My fiancee'
provided the DCSS here in Sacramento with all the ex's information such
as home address, employer, child supprt order, etc. This situation has
us in a real bind since we are short over
$500.00 a month because this deadbeat has decided not to pay for the
past several months.
I would suspect the DCSS will issue a wage assignment since the guy is
still employed.

Maybe the fact you are shacked-up with the mother and the child has
something to do with the father's reaction. Why don't you move out and see
if he starts paying his CS again voluntarily?

You sound like a real losers since you need another man's child support
payments to help support your shack-up relationship.

Old May 18th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.child-support

"SnTHoliday" wrote
If anyone is familiar with the Dept of Child Support Services in CA,
can you tell me how long it takes to start receiving payments from
deadbeat dads? My fiancee' has a child support order since 2004, and
the ex has decided he just doesn't want to pay anymore. My fiancee'
provided the DCSS here in Sacramento with all the ex's information such
as home address, employer, child supprt order, etc. This situation has
us in a real bind since we are short over
$500.00 a month because this deadbeat has decided not to pay for the
past several months.

==
Perhaps you're short because you aren't working? How much does your fiance
earn?
How much of the load are you carrying? Just because you're "short" doesn't
make it
someone else's responsibility. If you aren't satisfied with your standard
of living, go
back to school. The non custodial parent doesn't owe you a balanced budget.
Sheesh!
==

Old May 18th 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

You know nothing about me. For your information I have physical custody
of three kids whose mother is in jail, and I get no child support. I do
have a job and work my ass off. What gives you the right to make
accusations for which you have no basis. Child support is a court order
and should be taken seriously. You two are the losers.

Old May 18th 06, 10:57 PM posted to alt.child-support

"SnTHoliday" wrote
You know nothing about me. For your information I have physical custody
of three kids whose mother is in jail, and I get no child support. I do
have a job and work my ass off. What gives you the right to make
accusations for which you have no basis. Child support is a court order
and should be taken seriously. You two are the losers.

==
Really? It sounds like you and your fiance' have poorly chosen those with
whom you produced children. Too, it isn't the problem of your fiance's ex
that you
cannot get support from the mother of your three children. Perhaps he saw
the houseful of children
and decided he wasn't gonna foot the bill any longer? What does your fiance
do? How many
kids are living in that house?
==

Old May 18th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.child-support

What does it matter how many kids I have? Do you think the judge took
into consideration how many kids I have when he signed the child
support order for my fiancee' and her deadbeat ex? If her ex is holding
back child support for revenge that is pretty sad, his own child is the
one who suffers.

Are you an NCP in arrears? Sounds like you are.

Old May 18th 06, 11:36 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message

"SnTHoliday" wrote
You know nothing about me. For your information I have physical custody
of three kids whose mother is in jail, and I get no child support. I do
have a job and work my ass off. What gives you the right to make
accusations for which you have no basis. Child support is a court order
and should be taken seriously. You two are the losers.

==
Really? It sounds like you and your fiance' have poorly chosen those with
whom you produced children.

Wouldn't that judgement hold true for the men here who don't think they
should have to pay child support?

Too, it isn't the problem of your fiance's ex
that you
cannot get support from the mother of your three children.

He wasn't talking about support for his children. He was asking about
support that is due for his fiance's child. There's already a court order
for the support - do you think that fathers should routinely ignore court
orders?

Perhaps he saw
the houseful of children
and decided he wasn't gonna foot the bill any longer?

How does that relieve the father of his obligations for his own child?

What does your fiance
do?

She's been supporting her child.

How many
kids are living in that house?

What does that matter? There is a father who isn't supporting his child.
The OP was asking about the support owed to his future step-child, as per
court order.

==

Old May 18th 06, 11:46 PM posted to alt.child-support

"SnTHoliday" wrote in message
ups.com...
You know nothing about me. For your information I have physical custody
of three kids whose mother is in jail, and I get no child support. I do
have a job and work my ass off. What gives you the right to make
accusations for which you have no basis. Child support is a court order
and should be taken seriously. You two are the losers.

Now the real facts start to come out. You want the CS from your fiancé's
child's father to help support your three children.

The CS he pays is for his child not your children. No wonder he quit
paying. He figured out you were using his CS for the benefit of your
children.

Old May 18th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.child-support

"SnTHoliday" wrote
What does it matter how many kids I have? Do you think the judge took
into consideration how many kids I have when he signed the child
support order for my fiancee' and her deadbeat ex? If her ex is holding
back child support for revenge that is pretty sad, his own child is the
one who suffers.

Are you an NCP in arrears? Sounds like you are.

==
Nope. Neither NCP nor arrears. It matters how many kids are in the
household, because it
appears your problem is too many children--not that the NCP has stopped
paying for a specific child(ren). How much is he ordered to pay? How many
kids? You still haven't mentioned what your
fiance does for income for her share of the support responsibility. Did the
NCP give a reason why he stopped paying?
Does he see the kids? How did you allocate the support he paid? Was it
reserved, 100%, for the needs of *his*
kids or pooled for the group so that it made no difference
in the life of his child(ren)? You are leaving out a lot of details and no
one here is going to jump to your rescue just because
you cry "deadbeat." Frequently, the one who cries 'deadbeat" is the one who
isn't carrying *his* share of the financial
responsibility. For all we know, your entire household could have been
parasiting off this NCP for years and
he got fed up with it. If you all are in over your financial heads with all
those kids, why not offer him custody so he can care
for them directly? Your name isn't Brian is it?
==

Old May 19th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.child-support

It doesn't matter what the deadbeat ex thinks, he still has an
obligation to pay court ordered child support. Did you ever stop to
think that I am paying this man's child support? Pretty pathetic if you
ask me. You sound like another NCP who owes back
child support and the only support you do provide is to deadbeats.