A True Shame

Old May 5th 07, 10:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default A True Shame

My daughters father is not taking care of our child at all, he doesn't
pay child support or anything. Two years ago was the last child
support payment I recieved form him. He lied to the child support
court saying that he didn't have a job ( I know that you are saying,
why didn't I say that he was lying threw his teeth?, I would have but
I couldn't make it to the court hearing because I live 340miles from
where court was being held.), and because I was not present my case
was closed.
Now I'm trying to reopen my case, but I was told that I need to know
where he works in order to get a child support order. The problem with
that is that I moved from the city where he lives a few years ago to
stop working so many hours and focus more on my books, I mean thats
the reason I'm here. So if there is anyone out there with any
suggestions, Please Email Me, cause this is A TRUE
SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old May 5th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

I need him to pay the child support so that I can
stop working so many hours and focus more on my books,

Child support only looks after the child's needs, not yours!

Everybody else puts in a 40 hour work week, why should you be any different?

Old May 5th 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Unfortunately, there are people on both sides of the system that are harmed
by the system. I think it is kind of strange that your case was closed
because he sisn't have a job. Usually arrearages build up if the NCP
doesn't have a job--they don't just close the case. When you moved, did
that take the child away from the father, so he no longer had any
opportunity to interract with her?

As for your going to school, you don't really have to go full time--you can
take just a class or two at a time, and continue to work full time. That
might be a better way to go, since your child is dependent on you to support
her.

ups.com...

Old May 5th 07, 06:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

If you failed to show up for the hearing how do you know he lied about not
having a job?

Were you married to the child's father? If not have you legally established
paternity prior to seeking CS?

When you moved 340 miles away was that to a different state?

Old May 7th 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Indeed it is a TRUE SHAME! Very few shames top the shame of paying someone
to NOT work; especially when it is done by FORCE!

Old May 7th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On May 5, 5:33 am, wrote:
[...]

Well, here's my suggestion...since he does not have a job, why don't
you
support your child on your own, pay him a bit of money a month to
support him,
so that he can go to college and get a better job to later support his
daughter?

Oops! Sorry, nope...it's HIS duty to support you in college but it's
not your
duty to support your daughter?

Old May 8th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 5, 5:33 am, wrote:
[...]

Of course! This is the type of sick thinking the "child support" industry
churns out daily.

The Shame. Lou Minatti General 9 November 17th 04 04:40 PM
Review: A Dirty Shame (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 September 22nd 04 06:07 AM
Shame on you.... Heather Child Support 33 July 17th 04 10:45 AM
Foster Care's Shame wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 May 9th 04 04:26 PM
Shame Buzz Single Parents 6 July 8th 03 04:12 AM