In gender wars, advocates for boys battle back

Old December 27th 05, 08:55 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,soc.men

Default In gender wars, advocates for boys battle back

"knoxy" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Eko,
says...

(snip)

Eko wrote:
Of course, when I was 11, pornographic anonymous notes
were the way to go. Didn't matter what the boy did. There was one that
my friends and I had targetted who had done nothing at all. He was just
cute, so we went after him.

knoxy wrote:
What the hell was wrong with you and your friends? I have an 11 year old
daughter and she starts screaming "EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW" if she even hear
the "s" word being mentioned and so does all her friends. When I was
that age, I had pretty much the same reaction. Sure, we had crushes and
**** like that on boys, but I sure as hell never wrote any pornographic
notes and neither did anyone else I knew.

There was a 10-year old girl in my son's school who used to offer the boys
blowjobs. *All* the boys felt disgusted by this girl. None, of course,
took her up on the offer. At age 13 that young girl committed suicide.

When my son came home to tell me about this offer that this girl routinely
made to these young boys, I couldn't help but wonder, "Just where did that
girl learn this stuff?" I knew the parents were married and had been for a
long time. Both parents worked. Father full-time, mother part-time to
accommodate child-rearing duties. The girl had a brother who also was not
very popular. He used to go around bullying kids younger and smaller than
him. He'd also bully children with special needs. I never met the father,
but I did meet the mother on occasion at the school. I tell ya...that woman
was a shrieking shrew! Her children could do no wrong..."It's all those
other kids' fault!" The mother was not very popular either! What the father
was like I can't say.

When her daughter committed suicide the mother never once dared to think her
own behavior may have had much to do with it. It was, however, very obvious
to others. The parents had left for a two-week vacation leaving the 13-year
old girl to look after her 11-year old brother. When the parents came home,
they found the girl had hung herself in her bedroom.

Anyway, like you, when I was 10 or 11 years old, sex was definitely *not* on
my mind! I was into jumping ropes, playing tag, climbing trees and playing
with Barbies. ;-)

Things were quite different for my own boys, though. What other children
learned at home, they'd bring with them to school to tell my own kids. They
were sexually aware at age 10. At school they also learned all sorts of
colourful vocabulary that they'd bring home to impress their mother! LOL...
They also learned that school was a rough and tumble world where they'd
better learn how to defend themselves. They learned that unlike home, that
larger world can indeed be a very nasty place. They also learned that other
children do not necessarily have a safe refuge to go to. For other children
school can be safer than their own homes! How sad!

As for Eko's sexual aggressiveness at age 11, I'd have to ask, "Where did
she learn all this stuff? Who taught her?"

Heidi