STILL NEED INFO

Old June 3rd 04, 06:29 PM
Joe_College

Default STILL NEED INFO

No, nothing other than "direct child related" expenses will be considered
for you and the mother. No rent/mortgage, no utilities, nothing other than
the things I named. That is all that is included in the guidelines. The
DCSE cannot deviate from the guidelines at all. If you still don't agree
with the order after the appeal, you can appeal it to court. Only a judge
can deviate from guidelines and take things into condideration that DCSE
can't

I said all that without calling your ex a bitch!

Old June 3rd 04, 11:31 PM
Gini

In article outparenting.com,
Joe_College says...

No, nothing other than "direct child related" expenses will be considered
for you and the mother. No rent/mortgage, no utilities, nothing other than
the things I named. That is all that is included in the guidelines. The
DCSE cannot deviate from the guidelines at all.

=====
I must confess I haven't followed many threads lately due to all the convoluted
crap being posted, however it bears noting that rules for adjusting expenses for
the purpose of CS awards varies by state. Some states simply allot a fixed
amount for the NCP's living expenses, some deduct items that others do not--some
deduct for the needs of other children of the NCP while some don't and some
states give judges more discretion in deviating from the guideline amount. When
it comes to calculating support there is no on-size-fits-all. This is why all
NCPs must become familiar with their own state's statutes and rules of
procedure--Most now online.
The most important thing NCPs need to take to their hearing is knowledge of
their state's laws.
=====
=====

(PLEASE NOTE: I never bottom-sign my posts.
Check Headers to Verify the Authenticity of This Post)

Old June 4th 04, 12:04 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message
In article

outparenting.com,
Joe_College says...

[...]

There is another important, but hard to find, component to take to a
hearing - Knowledge and documentation of the assumptions behind the state's
CS guidelines. Without having that knowledge it is impossible to mount a
rebuttal ot the guideline amount.

The reason I say it is hard to find is because the state CSE's try to hide
this information from the general population so it can't be used to
challenge the guidelines. Until last year's guideline review in my state I
had no idea how they came up with the numbers or the assumptions behind the
numbers.

Here's an example of how the assumptions can be used. The guidelines are
based on the CP having the child exemption(s) and taking the standard
deduction. If the CP has itemized deductions that exceed the standard
deduction, they need to contribute more than the percentage based on gross
incomes because they have more after tax income than the guidelines assume.

Old June 4th 04, 12:04 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message
In article