The question no-spanks fear.

Old January 3rd 06, 10:37 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default The question no-spanks fear.

Opinions wrote:
Are you upset because there are how-to-spank books on library shelves?

I am. Some of the stuff is ghastly. Even recommending hitting tiny
infants hands, and pulling their hair to "discipline" them. Sick stuff.

Think I'm kidding? Searc on "Pearl" "child rearing"

Would you like to burn those books?

There are lots of books I don't like. I have no desire to burn them. I
want them exposed. Talked about. Debated.

Why are you so angry if your child
will turn out so much better than everyone else's kid just because you
don't spank?

Can't speak for the poster, but my bet would be some reaction to her own
use of spanking (being USED by the spankers that indoctrinated her).
Seems like a healthy reaction to me.

And, probably even more importantly, for some reason she has a strong
sense of empathy. I suspect there were people in her life that helped
that natural human component develop and grow. I suspect you did not
have that opportunity, obsessive one.

She doesn't like knowing that children are being assaulted still, in the
name of "discipline." And having it called "loving spanking."

You folks are so obviously mentally ill it amazes me you aren't locked up.

You even have argued against laws designed to curb wife beating.

By the way, you are so delusional and self incriminating that you can
make a claim in the face of the obvious.

Do you really think there is no one telling becca and others to spank?

Do you think she's lying about those books?

I have a collection of them.

Very sick stuff. And they DO try to tell people to spank, lil 'o'

Often and with threats.

Sad, so sad.

But then you and your kind will pass and we and our children will
succeed you. It's happening already. And you know it. That's why you are
here.

0:-

Old January 4th 06, 01:58 AM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinions
Are you upset because there are how-to-spank books on library shelves?
Of course I am I would have to be a heartless cold monster not to be upset that "authors" are getting away with publishing books on how to abuse your child without leaving a mark by calling it "discipline" Much of it is disgusting displays of adults on a power trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinions
Would you like to burn those books?
As disgusting as I feel these books are...no I would not like them burnt. I want them kept available for a History Class "How well meaning parents destroyed Generations because they were too Lazy to effectivly Parent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinions
Why are you so angry if your child
will turn out so much better than everyone else's kid just because you
don't spank?
As I said above. If I wasn't angry at the way people are treating their children. I would be a Cold Heartless Monster. Not to mention My children have to interact with go to school with and Someday possibly Marry these abused children.

My Big Guy has already had a run in with a "Pearl believing family" (the Pearls are one of many "godly" and I use that term loosly parenting "experts" also used lightly) I don't think a 4yr old boy could be any less cruel or unsympathetic to another...I believe it's because he has never been taught how to care for another person because aside from getting 3 squares and a cot he's not been shown proper affection. My Heart aches and bleedes for this baby.
And for every child who was raised by someone unwilling unable to show proper love and affection without confusing it with physical punishment (I'm spanking you because I love you...give me a break!)

I noticed that you didn't address any of my other points...is that because you can't??
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
Old January 5th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

--
beccafromlalaland

Often, when you review the archives, you'll see those I call,
"compulsives," claim that we post extreme examples of abuse and claim
they are what spanking parents do. The problem is, of course, that in
fact just such parents have come to this ng. And I suspect in more than
one instance, those that have come here and claimed they spank with
love (UGH!) are very like The Pearls.

Here's a few reviews on their book:

" Absolute Filth, December 27, 2005
Reviewer: Scarlett True - See all my reviews
This book (To Train Up A Child)is simply a step by step guide on how to
abuse small children in the most evil and hideous ways. I am sickened
that a book like this is allowed to be sold and amazed that the authors
have not yet been arrested. They describe and recommend beating their
own babies bare skin, pulling the hair of feeding infants as well many
other sickening, distressing crimes. Please dont buy this book, it is
written by truly evil people.

Abusive book, December 26, 2005
Reviewer: Mike H "Mike" (Redding, ca) - See all my reviews
This is not a book that any parent should buy. There is never a
justified reason to hit or whip an infant or any child. Parents please
ignore this book and learn a better way to discipline your children
besides corporal punishment.

And here is the context ignoring kind of apologist we see in this
newsgroup, that totally ignores that evil people can and do have reason
to cover up their sickness and vile practices:

Would child abusers write a paragraph like this one?, December 30,
2005
Reviewer: Teigen "Bookworm" (Oregon) - See all my reviews
This is a direct quote from the Pearl's bimonthly newsletter. He is
speaking of what must happen before "rod training" will work.
"...So there is nothing that prevents this mother from taking the first
step in child training-establish a relationship of trust and respect.
How is this done? Enjoy the children and cause them to enjoy you. Don't
ask anything of them that is not absolutely necessary to the stability
of the home, give them something they want-not selfish demands, just
ignore those. Give them your time, your attention, your laugh, your
approval, your touch, hugs, reading, silly funnies, rolling on the
carpet or yard, pushing in the swing, or pulling in the wagon. But most
of all, let them bask in your smile until they need it like they need
the next breath. Cause them to feed on your fellowship, to relax until
they are sure you care only for their good, that you live to enjoy
their company and would not be happy without them. Do this and you will
have achieved what most Christian homes are missing."
Yeah, this guy really abuses children.

Imagine, Bob Pearls can say this and at the same time whip infants.

In fact, if he ONLY whipped infants, as horrifying as that is, the less
insane I'd think him.

I've seen a picture of this family. The frozen smiles, rictus really,
is so apparent as to sicken a viewer. "We are happy, can't you see it,
we loved being beaten into compliance by our loving parents."

You've got to wonder what their lives are really like as they become
adults and move on to relationships and into positions of decision
making power. Hmmm...?

Some...body's gonna pay. That's for sure. And why the world is such a
mess.

Kane

Do you support or advocate, morally or ethically [email protected] Foster Parents 7 March 24th 05 02:29 AM
Spanking and Neural Development, and the perception of good and evil. The Flavored Coffee Guy Spanking 5 December 3rd 04 12:33 AM
Question #2 for Dr. Sarah Vaughan (should women have to ASK?) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 9 November 7th 04 11:03 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM