Abraham NOT to be forced into Chemo ... Parents NOT negligent

Old August 18th 06, 05:02 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
[email protected]

Default Abraham NOT to be forced into Chemo ... Parents NOT negligent

Mark Probert wrote:
wrote:
Peter Moran wrote:

Teen With Cancer Can Forgo Chemotherapy
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/16/D8JHIU500.html
By SONJA BARISIC
Associated Press Writer

ACCOMAC, Va.

A 16-year-old cancer patient 's legal fight ended in victory Wednesday
when his family's attorneys and social services officials reached an
agreement that would allow him to forgo chemotherapy.

At the start of what was scheduled to be a two-day hearing, Accomack
County Circuit Judge Glen A. Tyler announced that both sides had
reached a consent decree, which Tyler approved.

Under the decree, Starchild Abraham Cherrix, who is battling Hodgkin's
disease, will be treated by an oncologist of his choice who is board-
certified in radiation therapy and interested in alternative
treatments. The family must provide the court updates on Abraham's
treatment and condition every three months until he's cured or turns
18.
This would seem to indicate that the kid is accepting radiotherapy, which
was to be an important component of the further treatment recommended.

Peter Moran

You ass!

My-my, such hostility to a neutral comment.

The poor teen wanted Hoxey and organic food, but the
government forced a compromise of sorts. So the parents took the next
best thing with a deadline confronting them. They didn't want to leave
the final decision in the judge's hands, so they made a last minute
deal!

Which will most likely result in a funeral in the future.

You're just upset that Billy Best is alive and cancer free after using
Gaston Naessen's treatments. Billy escaped from the hospital to avoid
chemo. I met him several years ago. I think it was either 1999 or
2000. He looked like an athelete or a model, not a wispy haired,
swollen bellied victim of chemo...'cuz he didn't get no chemo...get it!

Do you tell your neighbors what kind of flowers they can grow in their
yard? Why don't you butt out!

Your anger and hostility are misplaced. You should be angry at those who
lied to young Starchild and will cause his death.

It's people like you who lied to Billy Best and to the victims who
didn't escape. You can go to their funerals any day of the week, and
any hour of the day.

Old August 18th 06, 06:27 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

in
accordance with accepted medical standards for treatment of his
condition.

Accepted by whom??

"Peter Bowditch" wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Jeff wrote:

A 16-year-old cancer patient 's legal fight ended in victory Wednesday
when his family's attorneys and social services officials reached an
agreement that would allow him to forgo chemotherapy.

Will they be celebrating this at his funeral?

The AltMurderers will. They will whine that delaying the alternative
treatment actually caused his death.

I do not find it strange at all that the alternuts are celebrating and
saying that Abraham has had a complete win when the truth is somewhat
different.

One of the lawyers acting for the government just happens to be a
participant in another newsgroup I frequent. Here is what he said
about it:

"As these things usually go, there is far more to the story than is
reported here, but the important thing is that this was a win-win
disposition to the case, with the minor child to get treatment from a
board certified radiation oncologist/ neurologist, which treatment
plan may allow for alternative treatments, within the context of
treatments for Hodgkins Lymphoma and the accepted standard of care in
the medical community".

So what really happened is that Abraham has been placed in the care of
a real doctor and will receive real treatment. He can also receive
witch doctoring, but the overall treatment regimen must be in
--
Peter Bowditch

Old August 18th 06, 06:28 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Jeff wrote:

[...]

Read:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/ORAC

There seems to be a disagreement.

Old August 18th 06, 06:32 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

"Peter Bowditch" wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Jeff wrote:

[...]

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...x_its_over.php

There seems to be a disagreement.

It looks like the Social Services people have been hoodwinked by a
quack. I feel sorry for Abraham now that I know that he has been saved
from the Hoaxsey crap only to be part of some other quack's
experiment.

http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=106

[ ]
--
Peter Bow

Old August 18th 06, 04:12 PM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Mark Probert

wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
wrote:
Peter Moran wrote:
[...]

Who?

Billy escaped from the hospital to avoid
chemo. I met him several years ago. I think it was either 1999 or
2000. He looked like an athelete or a model, not a wispy haired,
swollen bellied victim of chemo...'cuz he didn't get no chemo...get it!

So you say. Yawn.

Do you tell your neighbors what kind of flowers they can grow in their
yard? Why don't you butt out!

Your anger and hostility are misplaced. You should be angry at those who
lied to young Starchild and will cause his death.

It's people like you who lied to Billy Best and to the victims who
didn't escape. You can go to their funerals any day of the week, and
any hour of the day.

Yawn.

Old August 18th 06, 11:36 PM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
CWatters

"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...
People have the right to make wrong decisions too.

You mean like the mother in the UK who has just been charged with giving her
nine year old crack ? I expect she thought she was doing the right thing as
well.

It would not have
been MY decision, nor would I have recommended the same treatments for my
children (who are over 21 anyway) or for anyone I was responsible for.

But
I support the right of people to do the wrong thing if it harms no one

else.

even a dependant minor?

Besides, the original treatment failed, even if it was the accepted one.

No it wasn't completed.

Old August 19th 06, 12:22 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

Mark Probert wrote:
wrote:
Peter Moran wrote:
[...]

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message
Thanks to Anthraw for the heads up on Billy.

I'm sure the Chemo Pushers / Quacks from quackwatch / Healthfrauds
like disbarred Mark Probert will attempt to discredit his life history
because it doesn't fit their Chemo Industry backers for whom they
advertise.

http://www.billybest.net/

Billy's Story
(Told by his parents Bill and Sue Best)

Our son Billy was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease in June 1994. He
was 16 years old. Not knowing any better, we took the advice of the
oncologists and Billy started chemotherapy in July. The treatments
continued until October when he packed his bags and ran away from home
to get away from the chemo. He left us a note explaining that he felt
the chemo was killing him rather than curing him. Being a born again
Christian he put his life totally in God's Hands.
We were devastated. We had no idea that Billy felt this strongly
against the treatments. We did everything we could think of to track
him down with absolutely no luck at all. Eventually the media became
involved in our story and it was picked up by the national news media
through the Associated Press. Billy, who was in Houston, Texas was
amazed to see his parents on the tv show "A Current Affair", pleading
with him to call home. He did call us and we told Billy that he would
not be forced into chemotherapy or radiation treatments. During this
time we were deluged with phone calls and letters from cancer
survivors who had used traditional treatments saying Billy needed to
complete his treatments, although some of them were fighting cancer
for the second or third time.
When Billy returned home he was tested at the Dana Farber Cancer
Institute in Boston. The results showed that the cancer was growing
and looking worse than it had in October. The media, who were closely
following our story reported that we were looking into alternative
therapies. We were inundated with letters and packages about many
different alternative therapies and spoke with countless people who
had used these therapies with success. After reading and studying this
information we informed the doctors and counselors at the hospital
that we had decided to use alternative therapies. The hospital
reported us to the Department of Social Services in Massachusetts as
unfit parents and tried to have Billy taken away. Fortunately, the
state decided not to get involved in this case and we were able to
proceed.
We were very confused and didn't know which treatment to choose. Every
letter and every phone call urged us to try the therapy that person
had used successfully. Finally, in January 1995 after much prayer and
with the Lord's help we decided on the treatments that Billy would
use. Essiac was one of the treatments that we decided on although it
took us awhile to wade through the counterfeits and finally settle on
the real Essiac from Resperin Corporation. He started on nine ounces
daily and continued that protocol for about six months. Now he takes
three or four ounces daily as a preventative. We take the same dosage
and have been much healthier since starting Essiac.
Billy also used 714X for 6 months. This is an all natural injection
that boosts the immune system and is manufactured in Canada. For more
information about this treatment call CERBE Distribution in Quebec,
the manufacturer of 714X at (819) 564-7883 or Sue and Bill Best at
(508) 378-2274.
Billy also made nutritional changes including: avoiding red meat,
eating only chicken, turkey and fish, no dairy products, no sugar, no
carbonated beverages. He did eat lots of fresh, organic produce,
drank lots of distilled water and tried to eat unprocessed, natural
foods. We also started visiting health food stores frequently to learn
about natural foods. In addition, he took various vitamin supplements
to help build up the immune system. He continues to take supplements
and this is one reason his health is excellent today. No matter how
nutritiously we try to eat, we are lacking our daily requirements for
vitamins and minerals. So it makes good sense to take natural
supplements made by a reputable company.
Within two and a half months of using these natural therapies the
cancer was gone, (that was March 1995) and has been gone ever since.
We are very thankful to the Lord for leading us to natural therapies.
We feel that the Lord answered our prayers for a cure for Billy by
showing us the way to good health and teaching us how to be in charge
of our own health. These natural treatments build up the immune
system and allow your body to heal itself as God intended.
Chemotherapy and Radiation are man made and kill the body's immune
system.
We thank the Lord every day for what he has done in our lives and are
very happy to share this story with you. Please feel free to contact
us for more information.

Old August 19th 06, 07:12 AM posted to misc.headlines,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

"CWatters" wrote in message

"George Conklin" wrote in message
ink.net...
People have the right to make wrong decisions too.

You mean like the mother in the UK who has just been charged with giving
her
nine year old crack ? I expect she thought she was doing the right thing
as
well.

It would not have
been MY decision, nor would I have recommended the same treatments for my
children (who are over 21 anyway) or for anyone I was responsible for.

But
I support the right of people to do the wrong thing if it harms no one

else.

even a dependant minor?

That KNOWS his OWN body.

Besides, the original treatment failed, even if it was the accepted one.

No it wasn't completed.

You should know why!