Sore breasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15th 06, 02:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Sore breasts

I'm 15 weeks pg, and it honestly feels like my breasts are on fire. They are
so hot, so sore, so *heavy*, and anything - even air - irritates them. The
idea of DH touching me or of breast feeding in 5 months time is enough to
make me scream. They've been sore for over a month now, and I kept expecting
it to stop!

I suppose I am lucky, I've never really suffered breast pain before - not
through puberty, or pregnancy, or pmt. Now, though, it's like all that pain
came up and bit me all at once. It may be helpful to note that I went
through a chemical menopause a few years ago (took zoladex for
endometriosis) which made my breasts deflate, and now it seems like all the
breast tissue is having to... "re-grow" isn't the right term, but is close
enough.

Can anyone suggest anything to relieve the pain? I have an appt. to get my
bras checked, and am trying cabbage leaves. Anything else I should be
trying?

And, while I have your attention ;-) I fed my dd, who is nine now, for
almost 3 years (and tandem fed my younger at the same time, but she gave up
before dd1), but the beginning I remember was excruciating. Since I haven't
fed for such a long time - 6 years - will feeding be like this baby is my
first... will it hurt as much... or will my body "remember" and not find it
as painful in the beginning? Any voices of experience gratefully received
:-)

Oh! I'm a newbie poster :-) It's very nice to meet you all, I've been
lurking/reading for about 10 weeks and you all seem lovely :-)

Donna (UK)

Part Time BF = Sore Breasts! Judi Breastfeeding 5 October 25th 05 03:21 PM
Sore breasts Don and Lucille Pregnancy 5 June 26th 05 08:58 AM
sore nipples & breasts MonifromMarrs Breastfeeding 4 January 18th 04 10:42 PM
Sore breasts. Welches Pregnancy 3 September 18th 03 03:37 AM
No Sore Breasts! Karen P Pregnancy 6 August 28th 03 08:17 AM