No-spank's last stand

Old November 18th 05, 11:28 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Dear Observer and Dancing Screaching Monkey Boy, was... No-spank's last stand

.......we anti spankers are so on our "last stand" that the state of
Pennsylvania is just days away from announcing it is the 29th state to
ban paddling in schools.

Let us know when a state reinstates paddling that has banned it, will
you, and I'll toast you for having been right all along about our "last
stand" status.

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R

Observer, yah kill me, yah really do.

0:-

Carlson LaVonne wrote:
Opinions wrote:

Every no-spank is his or her own propaganda minister. Even children
frequently realize that no-spanks have a few loose roof shingles
flapping in the wind.

Really? Of course you have evidence to back up this statement. Or is
this just another opinion from "Opinions" that is written as fact?

LaVonne

Doan wrote:

They are hoping that with repeated LIES, some fools will believe them.

Doan

On 16 Nov 2005, Opinions wrote:

Why do no-spanks keep yammering about paddling in schools? Because
they have lost the battle in the homes. They know it. Well, most of
'em do anyway.

There are still one or two *George W. Bush* types around thinking that
if they can launch still more assaults then they can prove that their
version of a failed invasion is not a quagmire. Even *abused* children
are tired of being *liberated* by decitful self-appointed saviors with
an overly ambitious agenda that overlooks their needs.

Old November 19th 05, 02:46 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Yes, that's it, boys, our "last stand" we anti spanking folks.

http://www.stophitting.com/disatscho...avoringBan.php

[[[ Notice the dates, then notice what is happening in the US, Delaware
being the last state, and no Pennsylvania to follow shortly. "Last
Stand," R R R R R R R R ...SURE BOYS. ]]]

EDITORIALS CALLING FOR AN END TO CORPORAL PUNISHMENT

Listed below are several other of the many newspaper editorials around
the country that have called for a complete end to school corporal
punishment.

National Newspapers:
USA Today: Let's spare the rod to protect children. 8/23/1989.
USA Today: Don't let schools spank our kids. 8/22/1990, p. 8A.
USA Today: Violence begets violence. 3/14/1994, p.12A

Alabama:
Huntsville Times: Stop school beatings: Paddling is archaic and
ineffective, and local schools that use it should stop. 12/19/00

Connecticut:
Hartford Courant: When will child beating stop? 8/27/1988, p. B-8.

Florida:
Inverness Chronicle: Abandon barbaric practice of paddling. 7/21/1988.
Inverness Chronicle: Schools should ban paddling. 7/9/1989.
Inverness Chronicle: Teachers have no business paddling.8/21/1989.
Stuart News: End corporal punishment. 7/13/1988.

Georgia:
Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Lawmakers Should End School Paddlings.
10/14/1989.
Marietta Journal: Stop spanking our schoolchildren. 7/16/1988

Indiana:
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette: Spare the child. 11/7/1988.
Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette: Paddling -- no substitute for discipline.
8/22/1994.

Kentucky:
Jackson Times: Is physical punishment proper in the schools? 7/2/1987.

Minnesota:
Minneapolis Star Tribune: Spare the rod in public schools. 4/8/1989.
St. Croix Valley Press: No Spanking. 4/5/1989.
St. Paul Pioneer Press Dispatch: Schools should spare the rod, serve
child. 4/6/1989.

Missouri:
St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Students are not for hitting. 10/4/1989.

Ohio:
Akron Beacon Journal: Respect for students. 8/28/1987, p. A6.
Akron Beacon Journal: Paddling in school. 5/17/1988, p. A6.
Celina Daily Standard: Toward a Paddling Ban. 6/2/1988.
Chillicothe Gazette: It's time to spare the rod in schools. March,
1988.
Cleveland Plain Dealer: Making teachers behave. 1/30/1989.
Cincinnati Enquirer: Paddling: The time has come to discard this
punishment in our schools. 3/23/1987, p. A-8.
Cincinnati Post: Good riddance to paddling. 5/11/1988.
Middletown Journal: Paddling is a badge of shame for Ohio. 6/4/1988.
Newark Advocate: Corporal punishment becomes school option. 2/5/1985,
p.4.

Oklahoma:
Tulsa World: Paddle Not. 11/20/1989, p. A-14.

Pennsylvania:
Pittsburg Post-Gazette: 'Spare the rod' revisited. 9/10/2001.

Tennessee:
Nashville Tennessean: Is paddling effective or just convenient?
3/3/1997, p.12A.

Texas:
Dallas Morning News: Corporal punishment: Dallas schools can find
better alternatives. 1/3/2000.
Houston Post: An end to paddling? 3/15/1989, p.A-22.
San Antonio Light: Corporal punishment should be abolished. 2/27/1989.

West Virginia:
Charelston Gazette: Not hitting. 10/18/1988.
Wheeling Intelligencer: Paddling Must Be Banned. 2/21/1987.

Washington, D.C.:
Washington Post: Child Abuse at Home and in School. 3/25/1988, p. A-24.

Hell, you dufi, we are just barely getting started on your sorry asses.
Watch what comes next.

Where the states stand on corporal punishment:
Alabama--Legal
Alaska--Illegal
Arizona--Legal
Arkansas--Legal
California--Illegal
Colorado--Legal
Connecticut--Illegal
Delaware--Illegal [[[ Jan 1 this year ]]]
District of Columbia--N/A
Florida--Legal
Georgia--Legal
Hawaii--Illegal
Idaho--Legal
Illinois--Illegal
Indiana--Legal
Iowa--Illegal
Kansas--Legal
Kentucky--Legal
Louisiana--Legal
Maine--Illegal
Maryland--Illegal
Massachusetts--Illegal
Michigan--Illegal
Minnesota--Illegal
Mississippi--Legal
Missouri--Legal Montana--Illegal
Nebraska--Illegal
Nevada--Illegal
New Hampshire--Illegal
New Jersey--Illegal
New Mexico--Legal
New York--Illegal
North Carolina--Legal
North Dakota--Illegal
Ohio--Legal
Oklahoma--Legal
Oregon--Illegal
Pennsylvania--Legal [[[ About to change ]]]
Rhode Island--Restricted*
South Carolina--Legal
South Dakota--Illegal
Tennessee--Legal
Texas--Legal
Utah--Illegal
Vermont--Illegal
Virginia--Illegal
Washington--Illegal
West Virginia--Illegal
Wisconsin--Illegal
Wyoming--Legal
* banned by every school board in the state

Old November 19th 05, 03:56 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default No-spank's last stand

It sounds like the anti-spanking zealotS don't like it when their
LIES are being pointed out. :-) Where are those studies again,
LaVonne?

Doan

Old November 21st 05, 07:39 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Studies are often a copout. Studies are what bureaucrats and
politicians order when they don't have any answers and the need to
stall for more time. To a naïve public, they sound like something is
being done when, in fact, the typical study usually turns up very
little definitive information.

In behavioral sciences, research is the intellectual equivalent of
treading water instead of swimming. They are good for keeping an
agenda or an academic career from sinking. Frequently the results are
inconclusive. Single causalities are all but impossible to ascertain.

Old November 21st 05, 11:49 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Opinions,

It sounds like you reject research. Does that mean your opinions are
based on nothing but your personal opinion? If so, you have chosen a
good screen name.

In behavioral sciences, as in all sciences, research is held to a very
high standard before the research is published in a peer-reviewed
research journal. The literature review must be accurate, the
methodology must be sound, the statistical analysis must also be
accurate based on the research design, and the discussion and conclusion
sections must be accurate, based on the research study.

Do you get it, or do you prefer to regard uninformed opinions as a fact?

By the way, causalities are different from correlations, but
correlations are not irrelevant.

A simple course in research design and statistics could help
..

LaVonne

Old November 23rd 05, 11:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents

Default Please Tell Me Pop is not a Foster Parent! was NEANDERTHAL OR

This is for the foster parent ng. I'm writing from alt.parenting.spanking.

Please tell me that Pop isn't a foster parent. I fear for any children
that may bge in his care.

Pop wrote:

GO AWAY. KEEP YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE FOSTER CARE ROOM UNTIL YOU
CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE GROUP. YOU'RE A PILLAGER
AND NEED TO BE PILLAGED YOURSELF.

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Opinions wrote: desperately.....
:
: Why do no-spanks keep yammering about paddling in schools?
:
: Bother you to see the data, does it? 0:-
:
: Because
: they have lost the battle in the homes.
:
: Odd, we are starting to see more places in the US where bans on
: spanking ... anywhere, home or school...are being seriously
considered.
: And over the years fewer and fewer polled adults support the
practice.
: Used to be 90% and more, now it's around 65%. I suspect where
the truth
: known, if they didn't expect heat from relatives (who are still
sick
: compulsives and apologists) more would speak out against
spanking.
:
: You know it and it's got you on the run. Poor sad pitiful
losers. R R R
: R R
:
: They know it. Well, most of
: 'em do anyway.
:
: What we know is the trend. Just as it took time for slavery to
be
: brought to an end as an institution in the United States, so
too it
: will take time for child CP to come to an end. The time is not
the
: critical issue, the end is.
:
: The trend is moving inexhorably to and end to spanking as an
: institutionalized practice. Live with it.
:
: There are still one or two *George W. Bush* types around
thinking that
: if they can launch still more assaults then they can prove
that their
: version of a failed invasion is not a quagmire.
:
: You are aware that Barbara made it plain she spanked her boys,
right?
:
: Even *abused* children
: are tired of being *liberated* by decitful self-appointed
saviors with
: an overly ambitious agenda that overlooks their needs.
:
: Actually an abused child, once they come to understand they did
not
: deserve to be treated as they were are quite happy to have been
: liberated.
:
: Your hyperbole quotient is going up, I see.
:
: "*liberated*" "decitful" [sic] "self-appointed saviors"
"overly
: ambitious" folks like us are overlooking which "needs" of
children,
: Opinion?
:
: The need to be hit by their ONLY protectors.....until the state
catches
: on and steps in?
:
: The law is coming. And you are ****tin' yourself over it and
can't
: figure out what to do about it, other than rant, while we do
real work
: to make it happen. Try cruising the internet for anti-spanking
: information sites and see what you find. Including religious
ones,
: friend.
:
:
http://www.webmd.com/content/Article...000_1000_tn_02
:
: There is already massive amounts of similar data historically,
and
: there's more coming, though we certainly don't need it for a
moral
: attack on hitting children. Imagine, hitting a child, a tiny
little
: child you are charged to protect. Tsk.
:
: Bullies. That's all you are. Weak minded, self deluded bullies.
And
: people are figuring this out and opting OUT of being one of
you. Every
: day. More and more. And we enjoy lowering crime rates, better
academic
: outcomes, and more responsible citizens. The payoff feels good
too, so
: they tell me.
:
: How you going to stop us, Opie? Share your plan. Eh?
:
: R R R R R R RR ....
:
: 0:-
:

Old November 24th 05, 05:16 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents

Default NEANDERTHAL OR CRETIN ? YOU DECIDE No-spank's last stand

IT'S AN EASY DECISION TO MAKE. UNLESS YOU'RE A KANER THAT IS.

GO AWAY, LEAVE THIS GROUP TO ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.

: Pop wrote:
:
: GO AWAY. KEEP YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE FOSTER CARE ROOM UNTIL
YOU
: CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE GROUP. YOU'RE A
PILLAGER
: AND NEED TO BE PILLAGED YOURSELF.
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
: :

Old November 25th 05, 10:12 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents

And which group would that be, Pop? I'm not cross-posting. I'm simply
responding to a post that may also be cross-posted. I don't post on
alt.support.forster-parents. I post on alt.parenting.spanking.
However, I also do not delete cross-posts when I respond, because I
assume there is a reason the original post was cross-posted.

Not exactly rocket science. If I've offended others on
alt.support.foster-parents, I apologize. However, out of respect I do
not remove other individuals cross-posts when I respond to a poster on
alt.parenting.spanking.

Perhaps others on the alt.suupport.foster-parents ng would care to
respond with their opinions regarding others' cross-posting.

LaVonne

: Pop wrote:
:
: GO AWAY. KEEP YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE FOSTER CARE ROOM UNTIL
YOU
: CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE GROUP. YOU'RE A
PILLAGER
: AND NEED TO BE PILLAGED YOURSELF.
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
: :

Old November 26th 05, 01:58 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

NOTHING LIKE ASKING QUESTIONS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO, IS
THERE? YOU'RE ONE OF THE WORST OFFENDERS FOR PILLAGING AND
RAPING THIS FC GROUP BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE WHERE YOUR CRAP
DROPS.

: Pop wrote:
: IT'S AN EASY DECISION TO MAKE. UNLESS YOU'RE A KANER THAT
IS.
:
: GO AWAY, LEAVE THIS GROUP TO ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.
:
: "Carlson LaVonne" wrote in message
: ...
: : This is for the foster parent ng. I'm writing from
: alt.parenting.spanking.
: :
: : Please tell me that Pop isn't a foster parent. I fear for
any
: children
: : that may bge in his care.
: :
: : Pop wrote:
: :
: : GO AWAY. KEEP YOUR BUTT OUT OF THE FOSTER CARE ROOM
UNTIL
: YOU
: : CAN CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE GROUP. YOU'RE A
: PILLAGER
: : AND NEED TO BE PILLAGED YOURSELF.
: :
: : wrote in message
: :
oups.com...
: : :

Old November 29th 05, 04:53 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents

Pop's an idiot, plain and simple. Ignore him, we do.

Ron