The Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

Old September 9th 06, 09:30 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Mark Thorson

Default The Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

Here's an example of the sort of harm caused by those
who propagate myths about amalgam's alleged harmful
effects:

"The only step we've taken that I truly regret is when
I had all my "silver" (amalgam) fillings in my teeth
replaced (22 fillings, involving 14 teeth). I do know
of people that this has helped, but it hasn't helped me
at all health-wise and has left me with over a year of
constant pain in my teeth. I lost 1 tooth that had to
be pulled, as well. The problem was that the dentist
did not warn me about just how excruciating the pain
could be before I had this done - they said it was
similar to getting a filling - and that I'd probably have
"a little sensitivity" afterwards. Was THAT ever an
understatement! I had to take strong pain-killers daily
for a solid two months after the removals, and that just
barely kept me comfortable! The other problem is
they talked me into having all 4 quadrants of my teeth
done the same week - in 4 consecutive days. This
was probably the biggest mistake we made. I had no
problems with the exposures during the removals - they
did follow the recommended protocol for removing
the amalgams. However, the pain and problems
with chewing I have suffered since then were just
unbearable. For almost a year I was not able to chew
anything even slightly crunchy - even pickles or onions -
and absolutely nothing to eat or drink that was
colder than room temperature! If something cold hit
those teeth - it would almost make me say dirty
words it would hurt so bad! I even had to brush
my teeth with warm water only. I'm just now starting to
be able to chew regularly again - nuts are still out,
but it's getting better all the time. Also, the filling
material they used on me was a "composite" and
they're not lasting at all. I've already had to have 2
crowns and a bridge (involving 3 teeth) because the
fillings started cracking the minute I was finally able
to start chewing on those back teeth. I'm just putting
this out there because I feel I wasn't given complete
information before making the decision to go ahead
with my removals. I now would tell people to try
absolutely EVERY other way to reduce their toxic
exposures first (cleaning their environment, switching
to non-toxic products, etc.) before making the decision
to have their fillings removed and replaced. And
even then - only if you're still really disabled from your
condition..."

That's a quote from:
http://www.ourlittleplace.com/jackimcs.html
Old September 10th 06, 03:58 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.dentistry,alt.support.breast-implant
Jan Drew

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
[...]

Searched all groups Results 1 - 20 of 20 for your query (0.44
seconds)

author;

Different subject lines:

Regrets Having All Her Amalgams Removed

The Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

The Harm That Anti-Amalgam Liars Do

The Harm Anti-Amalgam Liars Do

The Harm That Anti-Amalgam Liars Do

Question about amalgams

Interview from one who had amalgams removed

Anti-Amalgam Myths Cause Enormous Harm

Misery Caused By Anti-Amalgam Myths

Painful Result Of Believing Anti-Amalgam MYTHS

Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Myths

Pain and Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

horror stories in mercury testing and detoxification

Example of Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

Wrongly Blamed Amalgams -- Now Suffering For It

Warning About Amalgam Removal

Pain and Suffering Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

Terrible Harm Caused By Anti-Amalgam Liars

Anti-Amalgam Liars Cause Terrible Harm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark Thorson started posting the above. AFTER I posted the below.

http://www.newlifejournal.com/10-02/everett_10_02.htm

Federal Bill to Ban Silver Fillings

Silver Dental Fillings: Your Problems are in Your Head
By Erin Everett

As Karen Campbell lowered herself into the dental chair on March 15, 1996,
she
couldn't help feeling a little afraid. Not only was she afraid of the sound
of
the drill, of the hours she would be spending with her head back and her
mouth
open, but she also feared it might be pain and expense, all for nothing.
Campbell, a 71-year-old Greenville, South Carolina native, was getting
several
fillings and a crown removed. She was having her silver fillings (also
called
amalgams, or mercury amalgams) removed, not because they were old and worn,
but
because she had reason to believe they were affecting her health, perhaps
even
causing the exhausting symptoms she had experienced for years. During the
past
twenty years, Campbell had suffered through constant headaches, fatigue,
pain,
and depression. The pharmaceutical drugs she had taken religiously for so
long
were not helping. Out of desperation, she decided to try something new.

Her husband heard about Dr. Patrick Patton, a chiropractor in western North
Carolina who helped people with unexplained illnesses, and they decided to
give
him a try. "Dr. Patton told me I was one of the worst patients he'd seen,"
said
Campbell. His tests showed that she had high levels of mercury and other
heavy
metals in her system, so he gave her natural supplements to help her body
flush
out the toxins and encouraged her to begin replacement of her dental
materials.

"I started getting fillings when I was about eight years old. I had dental
work
in almost every tooth in my mouth! I also had a bridge that went across the
roof of my mouth, and it had nickel in it. The dentist who put it in said I
shouldn't remove it, even when I slept! I was reacting to that, too,"
Campbell
remembers. She and her husband researched dental material toxicity, and
after
much consideration, decided to go ahead with the removals Dr. Patton
suggested.

"I was terrified that I was going to be in total misery when they were being
taken out, but it was so easy!" Campbell smiled, her eyes shining. The
replacements took seventeen dental visits, but she will always remember the
dental work she had done on March 15, 1996.

On that day, she had a large mercury amalgam removed from a molar in her
right
lower jaw followed by the removal of a gold crown on the opposite side.
"After
the removals, I noticed that the dull headache in the right and back part of
my
head that I had had constantly for so long was gone! I told the dentist, and
he
was amazed, too. We were rejoicing! I have had no recurrance of this
headache
since." The pain that had been Campbell's constant companion for over twenty
years disappeared completely, right in the dental chair.

The loss of her headache was just the beginning. Campbell was amazed during
the
course of her many visits to the dentist to find other symptoms falling
away.
"There seemed to be a general feeling of well-being. Depression was less.
Things like that are important to you! I wouldn't take anything in the world
for getting those amalgams out."

She has heard that many dentists maintain that amalgam fillings are safe,
but
her disagreement is emphatic. "Those two things, that headache on the right
side and that thing about my jaw cracking . and I used to have an aching
that
would go up on the right side, like a nerve, and that went away, too. Oh, I
am
in such marvelous shape for seventy-one years old, it's just incredible!"
Another issue that contributed to Campbell's problem was the "galvanic
effect"
caused by the different metals in her mouth. Different dental metals, with
saliva acting as a conductor, actually can create a battery effect in a
person's mouth, with a charge that can be measured by scientific
instruments.
This effect can cause its own set of neurological symptoms. [See "Ask the
Expert" on the facing page for more information on the galvanic effect.]

Several metals used today in dental materials are suspected of causing
toxicity
problems, but by far the most infamous subject of the toxic dental material
controversy is so-called silver amalgam, the most common filling material.
Amalgam is composed of several metals, including silver, tin, copper, and
zinc,
but the largest ingredient in amalgam is mercury, accounting for 50% of its
composition. Of all the elements in the Periodic Table, mercury is second
only
to plutonium in toxicity. Its poisoning effects are both cytotoxic
(cell-killing) and neurotoxic (accumulates in the brain and damages brain
cells). The EPA and FDA have stringent regulations on the level of mercury
in
fish and food, but the use of mercury amalgam fillings in the United States
is
curiously unregulated.

Some dentists and other health care practitioners in the United States
believe,
like many research scientists and even national governments, that many
people's
health problems originate in their own mouths. Dr. James R. Biddle, M.D. has
been detoxifying mercury from his patients for seven years in his Asheville,
North Carolina practice. He comments, "There's already plenty of data to
show
that mercury is toxic; it's not that we need more data. The data is
irrefutable! It's just that the powers that be won't look at it."

Amalgam mercury exposure, along with exposure to nickel, copper, and various
other dental metals found in crowns, bridges, and some composites,
increasingly
are suspect in many illnesses like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple
Sclerosis, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's
Diseases.
A growing number of practitioners, like Dr. Biddle, have devoted their
practices to working with patients on these issues. These doctors and their
patients tell stories of profound results from methods including dental
material removal and replacement and various detoxification regimes, often
including nutritional supplements, intravenous Vitamin C drips, or
elimination
dieting.

Critics of mercury amalgams cite the blatant contradictions in the
statements
and policies of both the U.S. government and the American Dental Association
regarding mercury amalgams. Although the Environmental Protection Agency
insists that removed amalgam fillings must be disposed of as hazardous
waste,
their literature states flatly, "Dental amalgams do not pose a health risk."
Scrap dental amalgam must be stored in unbreakable, sealed containers in
mineral oil and handled without touching. The ADA strongly advises dentists
remove all carpet from their operatories because mercury from amalgams might
contaminate it, but at the same time, they condemn dentists who suggest to
their patients that amalgams could be toxic.

Scores of scientists have taken on the issue of mercury toxicity from
amalgams.

The World Health Organization (WHO) stated in 1991 that "recent experimental
studies have shown that mercury is released from amalgam restorations in the
mouth as vapor. The release rate of this mercury vapor is increased, for
example, by chewing. Several studies have correlated the number of dental
amalgam fillings or amalgam surfaces with the mercury content in tissues
from
human autopsy, as well as in samples of blood, urine, and plasma." It goes
on
to state, however, that the information provided by those studies on the
health
impacts of such mercury exposure is "inconclusive."

Even in 1991, the data should have alarmed the WTO, but since that time the
debate has only increased, and many more studies have been done. The huge
volume of research on the subject offers sobering results: mercury from
amalgams has been related to a broad range of physical, mental, and
behavioral
symptoms, including the potential for weakening the immune systems of people
with amalgams so much that they can be more susceptible to cancer and a
multitude of serious diseases. How dental materials affect a person depends
on
their biological individuality. Every person has a particular biological
makeup
which gives each individual certain physical 'weak links'. Those areas of
weakness are where problems will arise when a person is exposed to a toxin
like
mercury. In other words, one person may develop chemical sensitivities,
while
another may develop clinical depression or heart problems. (Huggins, It's
All
in Your Head, 1993)

A German study, published in 1996, found that 39% of those having amalgam
fillings had ingested mercury in levels exceeding the WHO mercury standard.
Another study published in a German medical journal in 1984 determined that
the
blood and kidney mercury load of a person with amalgam fillings is often
five
times that of a similar person without. Along the same lines, studies
published
in the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) and elsewhere found
levels of mercury in the urine of people with amalgams to be approximately
twice that of the FDA and EPA Action Level for bans on eating fish and food
due
to high mercury level, and some were as much as 50 times the EPA Critical
Level.

Several studies, published in JADA (1987) and other prestigious journals,
show
that mercury from amalgam fillings is transferred to the fetuses of pregnant
women and to children who breastfeed, and those levels often exceed the
levels
found in the mother. In fact, a 1984 study found that female dental
personnel,
with their occupational exposure to mercury vapor, have a higher spontaneous
abortion rate, elevated prenatal mortality, and higher incidence of
premature
labor. These problems are all shown by the EPA to be characteristic of women
chronically exposed to mercury vapor.

Mercury can have impacts on the male reproductive system, as well. The metal
has documented estrogen-increasing and other hormonal effects, and it can
cause
lowered sperm counts, defective sperm cells, and lowered testosterone levels
in
males. Mercury from amalgams, along with toxicity from other dental metals,
continues to be researched as a cause of infertility and other reproductive
problems in both men and women.

Fingers also point to mercury amalgams as the cause of the current and very
serious problem of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. In a study published in
The
Physiologist in 1990, Anne O. Summer, M.D. at the University of Georgia put
mercury fillings into the molars of monkeys. Less than five weeks later, the
monkeys' intestinal bacteria became resistant to mercury, as well as to
common
antibiotics like penicillin, streptomycin, and tetracycline. These results
were
confirmed in a similar study by Dr. Stuart B. Levy at Tufts University. The
American Dental Association responded that animal studies "cannot be viewed
as
affecting humans."

Dentists are taught in dental school that, although mercury is highly toxic
alone, it becomes biologically inactive when combined with copper, tin, and
silver. The ADA's literature reflects this teaching, but countless studies,
including a landmark 1985 study by Drs. Vimy and Lorscheider, refute it,
proving that mercury vapor is, indeed, released from amalgam fillings, and
vapor levels increase after chewing or drinking hot liquids.

The ADA reinforces its stance by stating in its Code of Professional Conduct
that removal of silver amalgams for the purpose of reversing a health
condition
is both "improper and unethical." They claim that amalgams have been proven
safe in studies, but when scientists have challenged them to produce such
studies, they have not. A Health Canada biologist compares the ADA's
response
to the amalgam issue to the tobacco industry's stubborn insistence that
research linking smoking to lung cancer was unscientific. Dr. Biddle agrees:
"The class action lawsuit that's waiting to happen with mercury amalgams is
going to make the silicon breast implant and the tobacco lawsuits look like
tiddlywinks."

Opponents of amalgam use suggest several reasons for the ADA's stance.
Mercury
amalgam is easier to use, it is cheaper than less toxic alternatives, and
additional training and equipment are required for use of the alternative
materials. An additional motivation could be the potential liability
dentists
might incur by admitting that the materials they put in their patients
mouths
are toxic. "The ADA wouldn't be at such risk if, when the data was first
recognized as strong, they had said, yes, you're right, we just didn't
know,"
says Biddle. "But the problem is, the data has been here and it has been
presented to them, proof has been presented to them, and they've maintained
their position. That's negligence, and that's causing disease in many
people,
disease, suffering and death. That's what's not forgiveable."

Indeed, other countries seem to view research condemning amalgams as quite
conclusive. In January 1999, the use of mercury amalgams was banned in
Denmark,
following Sweden's ban on the fillings two years before. Austria's Health
Ministery created restrictions on amalgam use in 1995, and its director
promised a mercury-free Austria by the year 2000. They maintained that
amalgam
is an additional source of mercury exposure to patients, dental personnel,
and
to the environment. Germany's Health Ministry recommended to the German
Dental
Association in 1991 that no further amalgam fillings be placed in children,
pregnant women, and people with kidney disease, and, in 1993, they extended
the
recommendation to include all women of child-bearing age. If their
government
recommends further limitations on amalgam use, the German Dental Association
plans to advise its members to end all use of amalgams because of legal
risks.
The French government also began regulation of amalgams in May 1998
following
public complaint and an anti-amalgam petition signed by over 150 dentists.

In the U.S., two states, California and Colorado, have instituted related
laws.
California now requires signs in large dental offices announcing the
potential
health risks of amalgams, and Colorado actually grants its dental patients
the
right to choose what filling material to be used. That state also prevents
prosecution of dentists on the sole ground of removing one filling material
for
replacement of another. Everywhere else in the U.S., dentists who believe
amalgam is toxic keep a low profile, and physicians who help patients with
toxicity from dental materials are careful about what they say and do. Diane
Benbow, a high school teacher and mother, went to see one such
groundbreaking
doctor about her unexplainable symptoms. She began her quest into
alternative
therapies when her dermatologist could find no cure for the unexplainable
excema and hives she was experiencing. She saw a chiropractor who used a
muscle
testing technique and treated her with natural supplements and diet, and
began
feeling somewhat better. Her hives, which had been constant for about a
year,
began to come and go.

In addition to her rashes, Benbow was experiencing irritability, chemical
sensitivities and other allergies, and she had an annoying hearing problem
in
her left ear. "It was like having fluid in your ear that just doesn't go
away.
It wasn't painful, really, just kind of irritating not to be able to hear
well
and feeling like there was something in there." This problem began, she
realized later, within a day or so of having a nickel-beryllium crown put in
by
a local dentist. Nickel-beryllium, the most common metal combination in
crowns,
has also been shown to have adverse health effects.

During this time, she gave birth to a little boy, Andrew. "It really clicked
with me when I took my son to my chiropractor and he said Drew had mercury
toxicity. I said, well, where's it coming from?" She didn't have to look far
for the answer. "It was coming from me." Not only had mercury from Benbow's
amalgam fillings transferred to Drew in utero, she reasoned, but he was
getting
it from her breast milk. She stopped breastfeeding Drew, but she knew she
wanted to have more children, so she decided to get her dental materials
removed and replaced with non-toxic ones.

Benbow's chiropractor suggested a dentist who specialized in dental metal
removal and replacement with non-toxic materials. She proceeded with
removals
of her fillings and crowns, in the order of reactivity her chiropractor
found
through his muscle testing. Benbow decided to have her dental metals removed
as
quickly as her chiropractor and dentist felt was safe.

Many people are surprised to find out that dental metals have a measurable
electrical charge. Like some other practitioners who recommend toxic dental
material removal, Benbow's chiropractor believed that removals should be
done
in a certain order, with the most negatively charged coming out first. At
one
point, he suggested that Benbow have a highly-charged root canal removed.
His
testing found mercury, along with nickel and beryllium, in the tooth. "The
dentist was reluctant to do (the root canal) because that particular one was
very hard to file out. But I felt that I needed to have it done."

When the dentist lifted the nickel-beryllium crown from the tooth, he found
large amount of mercury amalgam under the nickel-beryllium crown, which he
removed. He then removed the root canal material and replaced all of the
materials with safer ones. "That's when I distinctly remember my ear
clearing
up," she said. "It opened up. It was like the root canal was plugging it. It
was immediate. They sat me back up [in the dental chair], and I said, 'Wow!
My
ear is clear!' I was really excited. And it stayed clear!"

Benbow completed removals and replacements on all of her reactive dental
materials in one summer. Since that time, she has had no more hives or skin
problems, her allergies to mold and chemicals have almost disappeared, and
her
emotional state has completely regulated. Like Campbell, Benbow began
getting
fillings when she was a young child. Being free of toxic dental materials
for
the first time in over twenty years has given her renewed health and a
positive
outlook.

"For the first time in my life, I feel really, really good! I've had chronic
illness throughout my life. And honestly.I think it had to do with all the
fillings in my mouth. I had chronic problems - immune system problems.just
on
and on." She shook her head, amazed. "When I had the last bit done, for the
first time in my life, I felt really aware, clearheaded. I really feel like
came out of a very deep fog, like being on drugs. I didn't even know. I
thought things were going on just fine before, having a family, having a
job. I
think it had been going on for years."

As publicity about this issue increases, more and more people are convinced
of
the toxicity of mercury amalgams. Unfortunately, many mistakes can be made
in
the process of removing toxic dental materials and replacing them with safer
ones. Horror stories of people's health problems getting worse after mercury
removal has scared many people away from replacing their amalgams. Dental
material removal is very tricky, and the dentist must take important
precautions because of the potential for mercury exposure. There are many
possible replacement materials, and it may be counterproductive to have
mercury
amalgams replaced with other potentially toxic combinations like nickel and
beryllium, or aluminum and barium.

Dr. Darryl Nabors, a Clyde, North Carolina dentist whose practice has been
amalgam-free since 1982, places ultimate importance on precautions during
amalgam removal to reduce mercury exposure for his patients, his staff, and
himself. The first and most important step is to use a rubber dam, which is
thin piece of latex that the dentist installs in the back of the patient's
mouth to keep material from going down their throat. "A study that I saw
said
that if a dentist takes out an amalgam filling without a rubber dam, the
patient can swallow anywhere from 40-60% of the old filling," Nabors stated.
"It's taken out in the form of a powder, pulverized, and then it hits the
inner
lining of the tongue, the cheeks and everything, and when the patient
swallows,
they ingest that. A rubber dam is absolutely essential." He and his staff
members also use masks when they remove amalgam fillings, and the dental
assistant uses a high-speed suction device. They use large amounts of water
cool the amalgam so less vapor will be released, and they cut the amalgam
out
in large chunks, to reduce the powdery cloud of minute mercury particles
that
is generated when amalgam is drilled out. Nabors also uses a new
high-velocity
suction device that he places in front of the patient to pull mercury vapor
and
powder away during the procedure.

According to Dr. Nabors, if you decide to have your amalgams removed, the
first
thing you should ask a dentist is whether or not they use amalgam at all in
their practice. "There are a number of dentists out there who say, I'll take
your amalgams out for you and I'll put something other than amalgam in, but
they still do amalgams. The best idea is to choose a dentist who is
committed
to mercury-free dentistry."

Nabors has shown a great deal of commitment to healthful dentistry. In
cooperation with the doctors he works with - M.D.s, chiropractors, and other
practitioners - he has researched and found metal-free replacements for
dental
materials containing heavy metals.

When removing toxic or potentially toxic dental materials, ideally patients
should approach a qualified health practitioner and request biocompatibility
testing for replacement materials, but even testing for materials can have
its
pitfalls. [See Ask the Expert for more information.] Fortunately, Nabors and
the physicians he works with have found replacement materials that tend to
be
safe for the majority of patients. For patients who request safer materials,
or
who have been sent to him by a doctor for removal of toxic materials,
generally
he uses a white composite called Diamond Crown for replacement of smaller
amalgams, and for larger amalgams or nickel crown replacements, he uses a
ceramic crown material called Empress. Although Diamond Crown is somewhat
more
brittle than composites containing aluminum and barium, it is often chosen
by
patients and their doctors because it contains no metal. Empress crowns,
although more difficult to work with than standard nickel-beryllium crowns,
are
very strong and can be made to look identical to teeth. Empress is also
metal-free.

Removing mercury amalgams from your mouth and replacing them with safer
materials is a good start, but does that end your problems? Many experienced
doctors and dentists say no. After Nabors stopped using amalgam, a number of
people with Multiple Sclerosis and other chronic diseases sought him out and
asked him to remove their amalgams and replace them with safer materials. "I
was curious to see if people would throw their crutches down and be
miraculously healed. But nobody was. .I was a little bit disappointed."
Convinced that mercury's toxic effects could be contributing to their
problems,
Dr. Nabors wondered what he was doing wrong.

Later, as he began working with doctors who specialized in heavy metal
detoxification, he found out. "I was taking the amalgam out of their teeth,
but
I wasn't doing anything for what had built up systemically that created the
problem in the first place." A characteristic of mercury is that it has an
affinity to bond to sulphydral compounds, like the ones found in human
tissue.
If left alone, the mercury that has been absorbed into a person's body will
remain there, bound up in their tissues, and can continue to affect their
health.

"It isn't until you actually chelate some of [the mercury] out of there that
you start getting the benefits. .It's kind of a two-way street. It comes out
of the mouth, and then you have to take out what is still left in the body."
Practitioners like Dr. Biddle use combinations of amino acids and natural
supplements to bind the mercury and pull it out of their patients' tissues.
Chelation can be done with oral supplementation or with i.v. solutions,
depending on the practitioner.

After Dr. Nabors began working with patients who were doing chelation along
with the removals, he began seeing the dramatic results he had been hoping
for.
Bruce Pike, a patient with "terminal" leukemia whose white blood cell count
dropped dramatically after having several large fillings removed, and
another
man whose failing sight began coming back immediately after the removal of
two
nickel crowns.

It is illegal for dentists to tell their patients that removal of mercury
amalgams can cure diseases or alleviate symptoms, and Dr. Nabors is careful
always to let the doctors he works with do the diagnosing. "I prefer to work
with another health practitioner, a physician .If I'm taking out these
amalgams and replacing them with biocompatible materials, they also need to
chelate it out of their system. In order to get the full benefit, that's
what
they need to do. The only way that I do take them all, totally out for
people,
is if they're working with somebody on a program, and it's the doctor's
recommendation that they come out, rather than mine."

As more and more people demand safer dental materials, many scientists,
doctors, and dentists are speculating about when and how the U.S. will
follow
in the footsteps of the European countries that have changed their laws and
regulations regarding mercury amalgams and other toxic dental metals. Until
it
does, patients who are concerned about toxic metals and their potential to
cause immune system dysfunction, neurological symptoms, and a variety of
illnesses will continue to seek out physicians and dentists who can help
them
with dental material removal and detoxification. And some will end up like
Bruce Pike, Dr. Nabors' leukemia patient, a police detective who was given
six
months to live three years ago. "I am back at work and feeling great! Having
those fillings removed was the best thing I've ever done."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been pointed out to him:

The other problem is they talked me into having all 4 quadrants of my teeth
done the same week - in 4 consecutive days. This was probably the biggest
mistake we made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, Mark cannot help himself to KEEP posting his LIES.

It is his responsibility to prove her *anecdote*!

Since--HE keeps posting it.

Mark Probert says:

Anecdotes are Bull****...

Anecdotes are bull**** and prove nothing.

*Anecdotes can be made up. They teach how in the P.T. Barnum School Of
Internet Marketing, Scamming and MLMing.*

And--he has MANY.

Old September 10th 06, 03:36 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
Here's an example of the sort of harm caused by those
who propagate myths about amalgam's alleged harmful
effects:

"The only step we've taken that I truly regret is when
I had all my "silver" (amalgam) fillings in my teeth
replaced (22 fillings, involving 14 teeth).

Change dentists AND your habits. 22 in 14, unreal in a modern society.

Old October 5th 06, 07:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
jill999999

Mark Thorson wrote:
[...]

Cold sensitivity is probably from trauma to the nerve from the high
speed drill.I dont know how old you are but if you have had yor
fillings replaced more than once your nerves are probably weak. Amalgam
fillings last around ten years. Gold ones often last 30 yrs and unlike
amalgam they dont fracture your teeth. Low speed drills cause less
nerve trauma than high speed ones but time is money.
Mercury is so toxic that if you got rid of all other toxins to which
you are exposed it would'nt matter.Also, according to T.W. Clarkson
M.D. , WHO and oter agencies amalgam is the main source of hg.

Old October 6th 06, 12:03 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Max C.

Is this really the best you can do? 22 fillings in 14 teeth? Probably
a safe bet that she had some other issues. I'm amazed she had teeth at
all. AND... she had all 22 replaced inside of a week? Are you crazy?
That number of fillings should have been spread out over at LEAST a
month. I would have gone for 2 or 3. If nothing else, spacing it out
would have given her the time to know if the replacement fillings were
going to work for her.

Plus, this is hearsay. You pro med guys are always whining and
complaining when the "alternuts" do that. Why is it OK for you to do
it?

Max.

Old October 6th 06, 08:07 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

ps.com...

Mark Thorson wrote:
[...]

Searched all groups Results 1 - 16 of 16 for "Here's an example of
the sort of harm caused by those" (0.89 seconds)

Old October 6th 06, 06:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
jill999999

Mark Thorson wrote:
[...]

It's possible that your cold and/or pressure sensitivity are due to the
change in your bite due to the dental work.Maybe your dentist is
incompetent. You probably should have done just one filling with this
dentist and seen how you liked the result.

Old October 6th 06, 07:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
The One True Zhen Jue

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Thorson wrote:
[...]

Jill, that isn't Mark's experience, it is one from
http://www.ourlittleplace.com/jackimcs.html.
Mark supplied that link at the end of the story. Please read his posts
more carefully so that you may get the full value of message.

For what it is worth, low-speed drills are far more painful than
high-speed drills. Make a note of it.