Is 8 hours too long for 3 month old to sleep...

Old July 9th 03, 04:22 PM

Default Is 8 hours too long for 3 month old to sleep...

"RuggyKurtz" wrote in message

DD often sleeps for 8 hours at night after nursing every 2-3 hours all

day
long, and only 15min-1hour cat naps all day. Is this okay? She has

several
wet and poo diapers per day, weight is in the 90% percentile on last two
checkups. Extremely happy baby! My instincts tell me she if fine, but I
still
wake up several times per night to check on her. My body is adjusting

and I
have only gotten engorged twice this week and only in one breast. I try
waking
her before I go to bed but she will have nothing to do with it, I have

even
changed her diaper and she still does not wake up. Thanks for any input.

Karen Ann
Mommy to:
Ashley 11-13-90
Meghan 3-10-97
Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03

After *another* sleepless night with my baby, why oh why did I read this
thread?!?!?! Now that I have been throughly sickened, lol! It seems to be
working for your baby, so I don't see a problem with it!

Brandy (who is going to have a talk with Abby about smaller babies

sleeping
through the night and asking when she thinks she might do that!)

I think one reason my DD does is that I put her to bed on her stomach (I
know about the SIDS thing). ok - I'm a hypocrite here (I'll be the
first to admit I believe in the double standard, and "do as I say, not as I
do"). but anyway, if she were on her back, it would only be for 2 hours, 3
at most. I personally like sleeping...
Edith