6 months growth spurt

Old March 2nd 06, 02:50 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default 6 months growth spurt

"Jenny" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am hoping for a growth spurt, how long do these last?? She has
consistantly woken up at around 5am for the last 5 days.

Couple more days.

It might also
be that I am not giving her enough solids? She is eating: in the
morning usually some vegetable like pumpkin or peas, cereal in the
early afternoon and then some fruit in the afternoon. In addition to
BF right after each of these meals and in the early morning and right
before bedtime, plus another BF session here or there when she is
hungry. Is this too much?? Are growth spurts normally like this??

Yup. Just wait another year, when she'll be big enough to snag your bean
burrito out of your hand if you're not looking.

Jess

Old March 2nd 06, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

DD Ilona turned 6mo about 10 days ago. In the last five days her self
made schedules have gone up side down, she seems to be constantly
hungry and she is eating every two hours. I try to follow the doctor's
food regimen, but she is eating so much that it is hard to follow. She
used to wake up at 7am now she wakes up at 4 or 5 in the morning for a
quick BF session and then goes back to sleep untlil 7 when she eats
again.

Ilona is quite chuncky, Last time we went to the doctor 10 days ago
she was weighing 18lbs. and I am affraid I might be overfeeding her.
I basically feed her on que, which is every two hours.

I am hoping for a growth spurt, how long do these last?? She has
consistantly woken up at around 5am for the last 5 days. It might also

Old March 2nd 06, 10:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

It sounds to me like you are feeding her *too much* solids. My DS is chunky
(above the 97th percentile for weight) but at 9 months doesn't eat as much
as you are giving your DD, and I would call him a good eater. At this
stage, solids are for practice really and not for nutrition. And iirc the
recommendation is to breastfeed *before* feeding solids and not vice versa.
My DS won't eat solids in the mornings, but will eat a few cheerios or
applesauce or something for lunch (small jar) after nursing, and one or two
jars at nighttime when we have our family evening meal. That's about it
though... he wolfs it down, LOL! Having said all that it may also be a
growth spurt, and ime they last 7-10 days...we just had one
ps.com...