FAO: Sophie, other Military spouses

Old April 23rd 04, 06:15 PM
GoofeeGyrl

Default FAO: Sophie, other Military spouses

Background: The husband of my pen-pal of coming on 20 years (since 7th grade)
is a past marine and current police officer and reservist, who is currently
stationed in Iraq. We have never met, despite both living in Ohio and
California at different times. I am now in CA, she is in NC.

Question: She is a SAHM mom of 2 little ones. I know she has a local support
group of friends and members of her church, but no family in the area. I would
like to do something for HER while her hubby is gone, but don't know what. I
was thinking of sending her a gift certificate or some sort of something but I
have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?

TIA

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 3 years
and Eva, 7 months
Old April 23rd 04, 06:41 PM
Leigh Menconi

Default Sophie, other Military spouses

"GoofeeGyrl" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not Sophie or a military spouse but I am in NC. Where is she? There
are some pretty nice spa/salons here in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area
that have gift certificates you can buy. (just north of Fayetteville-Ft
Bragg). There's also a website called spafinder.org where you can search
nationally and I think they offer gift certificates through their website so
she could choose whichever one is closest or offers the services she'd like
to take advantage of.

Leigh

Old April 23rd 04, 07:21 PM
Sophie

I'm not Sophie or a military spouse but I am in NC. Where is she? There
are some pretty nice spa/salons here in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill

area
that have gift certificates you can buy. (just north of Fayetteville-Ft
Bragg). There's also a website called spafinder.org where you can search
nationally and I think they offer gift certificates through their website

so
she could choose whichever one is closest or offers the services she'd

like
to take advantage of.

Leigh

How weird, a spa gift certificate was going to be *exactly* my suggestion -
lol.

We have one local spa - Hairtage. I would imagine they have a website.

How nice of you

Sophie

Old April 23rd 04, 08:30 PM
Denise Anderson

"Sophie"

How weird, a spa gift certificate was going to be *exactly* my

suggestion -
lol.

We have one local spa - Hairtage. I would imagine they have a website.

How nice of you

Sophie

My suggestion too. The best thing anyone's ever gotten for me while my
husband was gone was a chance to go out and get a pedicure and manicure all
by myself. It meant a lot.

Denise

Old April 29th 04, 06:56 PM
Zarah

GoofeeGyrl wrote:
Background: The husband of my pen-pal of coming on 20 years (since 7th grade)
is a past marine and current police officer and reservist, who is currently
stationed in Iraq. We have never met, despite both living in Ohio and
California at different times. I am now in CA, she is in NC.

Question: She is a SAHM mom of 2 little ones. I know she has a local support
group of friends and members of her church, but no family in the area. I would
like to do something for HER while her hubby is gone, but don't know what. I
was thinking of sending her a gift certificate or some sort of something but I
have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?

I'm a Guard wife (former Army brat, dh former Marine) in NC whose dh
is deployed to Iraq. Just as another perspective, make sure you know
whether your friend would use a spa certificate; if it were me, it
would be a waste of your money. I'd rather have a gift certificate to
the PX or Commissary.
--
Cheryl
Mom to Gabriel 10-97 and Maris 6-00