induction on friday

Old October 25th 04, 09:04 PM
Lindy

Default induction on friday

im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will be
38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and tell me
for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

http://community.webtv.net/lindo_84/LindysPictures

Old October 25th 04, 09:28 PM
zolw

I was induced eventhough my water broke. As soon as they administered
petocin, I was contracting. They say that the induced contractions are
stronger than the natural contractions. I had planned for an epidural
anyway, so an hour or so later, they administered the epidural & I was fine.

Sorry I am not much help. But if you have more specific questions, I
might be able to answer them.

Mona

Old October 25th 04, 10:05 PM
Nikki

Lindy wrote:
im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will
be 38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and
tell me for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

Good luck on Friday.

I was induced with my second but it was a bit past my due date. I was not
in labor or contracting when I went in but I was 2cm dilated and had been
for a couple weeks. They placed a medication on my cervix a couple times
and 'vigorously rimmed my membranes' starting at 8am. I'm not even positive
what that second thing is but I think it is the same as stripped membranes.
It hurt. By noon I was dilated to 5cm and then the broke my water. I
labored naturally after that and delivered the baby without any problems.

So I was induced very successfully and without any complications. I did not
need pain medication or an epidural but I did not have pitocin either.

--
Nikki

Old October 25th 04, 10:10 PM
Emily

Lindy wrote:
im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will be
38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and tell me
for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

http://community.webtv.net/lindo_84/LindysPictures

I was induced with pitocin at 39 weeks after my water broke and
I didn't go into labor on my own (well, just minor contractions
that weren't doing anything). It wasn't easy, but I made it
through without pain medications. I think I started off somewhat
effaced and about 1cm dialeted. My doula told me that it's
not so much that the contractions are all harder than regular
contractions but that they ramp up (and his max) much faster.

It was good to hear that -- especially since she told it to me
at the point where they hit the max. It was good to know that
I wasn't going to have to deal with anything worse, just keep
handling what I was already handling. I found that was true until
transition. Then they got a bit worse for a little while and
then it was time to push!

Emily
Old October 26th 04, 12:53 AM
A&G&K&H

"Lindy" wrote in message
im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will be
38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and tell me
for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

http://community.webtv.net/lindo_84/LindysPictures

I've been induced twice now ... DD was born at 38 weeks because I had
hypertension and DS was a couple of days past EDD and I had had enough
(plus he was huge and I didn't want to end up with a Ceasar).
It was nowhere near as bad as people had told me it would be. I had prostin
put on my cervix the night before (both times) and with DD my waters broke a
few hours afterwards and with DS the Ob had to break my waters (but I did
have a lower conc of prostin as it was my second birth).
I had Syntocinon drips both times, and I did have an epidural with DD
because I was exhausted (much longer primipar. labour), but by the time I
thought I wanted one with DS it was all too late (3 hours from putting in
the synto drip). In retrospect, I'm glad not have had an epidural with DS
..... it was painful, but only really painful for such a short time.

Good luck
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old October 26th 04, 01:57 AM
Tori M.

I was induced on friday (last) and going in for a retry on wed.. *sigh* was
gonna try for tomorrow but my midwife said it was a no go for the
birthcenter at the hospital.. Oh well going in tomorrow to discuss
everything in person and then set up an induction time.. They are not going
to do anything to "lock" me into the induction though.. so no breaking of
water

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Hanging in by a rib Due 10/??/04

Old October 26th 04, 01:57 AM
AGreen1209

my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

I was induced at 39.5 weeks due to high blood pressure. I had AROM at around
7am, started pitocin at 9am, and my DD was born just past 1pm. I did it
without any pain meds. It was a bit more intense during transition than my
natural labor with my son, but otherwise wasn't too bad.

Of course, I was 3cm dialated and having regular, if weak, contrax anyway. I
had been in the very early stages of labor for three days, and I imagine that
my daughter would have come on her own within a day or so anyway.

Amanda

Old October 26th 04, 04:23 AM
Kaybee

I was induced after my water was broke. I will say that it was painful.
But I got an epidural and all was fine. I did feel little pressure and pain
( I asked not to have full dose).

Good luck on Friday

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old October 26th 04, 05:05 AM
Plissken

"Lindy" wrote in message
im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will be
38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and tell me
for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

I was induced at 42 weeks and 9 hours after they inserted the Cervadil my
daughter was born. You don't have a nice build up of early labour, at least
I didn't. It was straight into active labour for me. I was also
hypersensitive to the Cervadil so I had piggybacking contractions (3-4 in a
row) for the whole time I was in labour. That said it still wasn't as bad as
I had anticipated. I made it through with only 1 shot of Demerol (will never
take this again I got way too groggy). I was 2 weeks overdue so I'm sure my
experience will be much different to yours. Inductions are much more
successful the farther along you are. Having said that I will never be
induced again unless absolutely necessary. I would rather do without the
piggybacking contractions thanks. Good luck!

Nadene

Old October 26th 04, 05:13 AM
Emily

Plissken wrote:

"Lindy" wrote in message

im probably going to be induce this friday due to preclamsia. i will be
38 weeks on friday. im still waiting for the doctor to call and tell me
for sure.
my question is to anyone that has been induced. how did that go for
you?

I was induced at 42 weeks and 9 hours after they inserted the Cervadil my

And here I'm thinking, how does she know how far along she
was, down to the *hour*?

Emily