good food, bad food

Old June 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
ted

Default good food, bad food

So what do you keep in your house for you and kids to munch on? What
do they eat/drink between meals?

Thanks.
Old June 2nd 04, 04:47 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"ted" wrote in message
om...
So what do you keep in your house for you and kids to munch on? What
do they eat/drink between meals?

Thanks.

We have snack and meal times, so my son does not graze. For snacks, it
varies greatly. Goldfish (for junk food), granola bars, applesauce and
bananas are favorites. Other things include yogurt, Cheerios, homemade fruit
rollups that are really actually made out of fruit. Deli meat slices,
cheese, wheat crackers. Wheat toast, with peanut butter. Can't think of
anything else.

Old June 2nd 04, 04:50 PM
Nikki

ted wrote:
So what do you keep in your house for you and kids to munch on?

Snack crackers like Wheatables or Wheat Thins, cheese, sometimes homemade
goodies (apple crisp right now), ice cream, raw veggies but I'm pretty much
the only one eating them although Hunter will sometimes eat some, graham
crackers, occasionally pudding, yogurt, toast w/toppings, cereal, popcorn,
raisons for Luke, strawberries or apples. I don't do much munching but the
kids get a snack every day. Dh likes potatoe chips w/dip. The kids have
chips sometimes but I try to limit it a bit and dh eats a lot of it at night
after they have gone to bed. We still have easter candy around.

What
do they eat/drink between meals?

Water, chocolate milk, sometimes juice, and in the summer I make a two
gallon pitcher of Koolaid about twice a month. Dh drinks pop, beer and
sometimes milk. He apparently thinks water is only for prisoners :-) The
kids only get pop once a month or so.

Dh is thin if you can believe it, lol.

Good thread! Maybe I'll get some ideas.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old June 2nd 04, 05:08 PM
DeliciousTruffles

ted wrote:
So what do you keep in your house for you and kids to munch on? What
do they eat/drink between meals?

Drinks are water and milk.

Snacks:

Apples
Oranges
Melon
Banana
Grapes
Granola Bars
Goldfish
Stoned Wheat Thins
Soda Crackers
Graham Crackers
Naan
Raisins
Dried Apricots
Peanuts
Popcorn
Cheese
Whole Black Pitted Olives (canned, not pickled)
Chick peas
Cucumber
Orange/Yellow Pepper
Carrot Sticks
The occasional cookie

I reserve the yogurt, pudding, canned fruit, etc for dessert at the
table due to the mess-factor.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old June 2nd 04, 05:10 PM
Tracey

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message news:5Ymvc.647480$oR5.311920@pd7tw3no...

Naan

What is this?

Old June 2nd 04, 05:47 PM
Banty

In article , Tracey says...

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message news:5Ymvc.647480$oR5.311920@pd7tw3no...

Naan

What is this?

Wonderful south Asian Indian bread.

Banty

Old June 2nd 04, 06:04 PM
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang

"ted" wrote in message
om...
So what do you keep in your house for you and kids to munch on? What
do they eat/drink between meals?

Thanks.

Not much.
No cookies, chips, pretzels, soda, candies. I just don't think to buy them.

bananas
apples (for DD - I haven't given it to DS yet)
oranges (for DD)
unsalted rice cakes (surprisingly addicting)
yogurt (we freeze the go-gurts)
cheerios
goldfish
freeze pops
bagels (with or without cream cheese)
cheese (string as well as cubes)
DS will also eat tofu, chinese dumplings, Maria cookies

orange juice
seltzer water
milk
iced tea
if I think about it, lemonade, cranberry juices

After DS goes to bed, we will bake chocolate cookies.

Jeanne

Old June 2nd 04, 07:09 PM
Maurice & Carmen Gregoire

Can you please send a recipe for homemade fruit rollups?

--
Carmen Gregoire

Mother of SYS age 2 years
and SLE age 3 months