Strelnikova excercise to reduce Asthma attacks has now a learningVideo on YouTube

Old February 27th 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Evgenij Barsukov

Default Strelnikova excercise to reduce Asthma attacks has now a learningVideo on YouTube

For these who did not follow our earlier discussions on
Strelnikova exercise, some history:

About 2 years ago my 4-year daughter was diagnosed with asthma
based on wheezing and shortness of breath attacks.
Doctor prescribed 6 month steroids, got us a bronchodilator
inhaler and we were way on track to join the growing ranks
of asthma parents. I was horrified by the prospect and
convinced there must be other way.
After vigorously searching the web I found info on Strelnikova
exercise, that was available only in Russian. Based on the
book of its present practitioner Dr. Shetinin, it was allowing many people
to get rid of asthma completely. It was very easy to learn
based on text description, and we started practicing it every
day together. After about a month we were free of attacks, and off
bronchodilators or any other medications. Now she is 6, and
we are more than 1.5 years without attacks,
she is playing team basketball and has no apparent indication of
any problems.
Of cause this made me a strong believer. I translated
the exercise description to English:
http://sudy_zhenja.tripod.com/strelnikova_exercises.htm
In addition to learning guide, it also has links to other
resources such as medical trials data and our
yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/strelnikova_exercise

Most recently on request of some friends prepared
a learning video for self-learning the exercise,
that is freely available on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYsmPE9dHc

It might be that our case was a mild asthma, and in other cases
you might still need to combine exercise with other
treatments, stay away from triggers, and keep your inhaler handy.
But just like any other exercise, it is beneficial by itself, being a
physical activity.
Important that as opposite to other types of physical
activity, it does not cause attacks
(in fact, it can stop an ongoing attack, at least a mild one,
which I have experienced both with my daughter and my niece).
So it should be tried just for this sake. And with regular
practice, who knows, maybe you will be just as lucky as we.

Regards,
Evgenij