Old November 20th 03, 10:57 PM
Kane

Default | Fed funds avail 94-yet only 5 states implemented SACWIS

On 20 Nov 2003 17:08:04 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/hearin...de=view&id=978

What does this tell you about the operation of CPS in the states?

There is
SOME REASON WHY this data has not been fully automated and

computerized.

Yes, there certainly could be.

A Federal template could be easily developed and even sold to the

states.

R R R R ... oh, my, wheeze. Right. Cheap too...R R R R R

Tell us about your expertise in data base development, Daisy.

State s could then customize the data-sets to suit their own

requirements,
statutes, funding, etc.

Oh sure they could, and cheap too..Why just farm it out to India and
their great programmers. And it shouldn't take more than a
couplahmonths either....R R R R ...gasp

There's a rat here somewhere. We know that CPS is deficient, but

even they
know how to hire....and the FUNDING WAS AVAILABLE.

On the contrary. This is an area of interest to me. I hassle CPS
frequently on matters of record keeping and electronic information
systems. They cannot hire skilled contractors for a long enough time
to create and maintain a comprehensive data base system.

They do what they can, then hire new contractors when they need
updates. Do you have any idea the problems that creates?

I've looked at the coding...and it is usually poorly or not
annotated...that is remark'd. That leaves the next poor doofus up
the creek when they are looking at multi million lines of code.

You have no idea what you are talking about. But that's nothing new.

You have opinions on everything and not an ounce of fact in a
bucketload of ****, pardon, Fertilizer.

Gee....where is Ross Perot when you need him?

Exactly where his kind of thinking, that of the quick and dirty
solution, took him: out of the running.

And exactly like you, out of the running or you wouldn't be here
babbling your negativity day after long dreary day. What a maroon.

BTW, most of the HW& M testimony, (much of it INVITED) DECRIES the

lack of a
functional data system. Booo.....hoooooo........

You are, after decrying the same yourself and insisting it can be
easily remedied, suddenly shifting to your usual badmouthing and evil
wishes for CPS...oh goodie, consistency.

Kane

PS Got to thank you for the laughs today. I have to go blow snow off
the driveway pretty soon, and that batch of hot air will come in handy
when I feed it into the intake on my snow blower....R R R....Kane