School update

Old November 22nd 03, 03:48 AM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default School update

We visited the new school today (myself, SS, and husband) and met with the
director of the county mental health department, who has a permanent
position at the school. She's kind of like the cops who really are cops and
work for the city police force, but are stationed in high schools
permanently. We talked to her for quite a while about the school, the
program, etc. She actually told us to cancel our appointment with the
Kaiser psychiatrist--since the school has a psychiatrist on staff who
evaluates all the kids who come in. She also said that "family therapy" is
a major component of the school--no set schedule, it may be once a week at
first and then taper off. But again, she told us not to bother with Kaiser
therapy, since that might interfere or just be overkill. So, looks like
we're getting the psychiatric evaluation *and* the family therapy as-needed
(and much more available--with Kaiser we'd be lucky to go twice a month),
all paid for by our tax dollars.

:-)
--
ColoradoSkiBum

Old November 22nd 03, 01:09 PM
toto

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:48:28 -0700, "ColoradoSkiBum"
wrote:

[...]

This is good news. Update us on progress as you go. I hope that
it really helps your son and the family.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits