Twins Not playing in the playground

Old May 15th 05, 04:22 PM
Poppa Jack

Default Twins Not playing in the playground

Hi,
Changed my nick, used to be Jack H.
Father to Abigail and Jonathan.
Life has been so busy I have had no time to post or read or anything.
The little ones are now 2 years and a few days over 8 months.
they are developing fine jumping, running, skinning knees, riding
trikes, kicking balls and everything.
Problem is they rarely leave me alone in the playground.
I see all the other kids running around and playing with themselves or
other kids, but if I sit on the bench like all the other moms, I have 2
kids just sitting or standing right next to me.

I wonder if this is a twin thing? Because they are always used to
having someone else there that they cannot do it themselves. Of course,
this is not the issue in daycare, where thye are 2 little stars.

Any sugjestions??

Jack
Abigail and Jonathan 9-10-02

Old May 15th 05, 11:43 PM
Ellen

Jack,

Have you tried playing with them in the playground? Maybe next time,
spend the first ten or fifteen minutes playing with them, then say
"Daddy needs to sit, you two play with the other kids" and see if they
stay out there by themselves. I'm sure they are just apprehensive and
that they will outgrow it. Good luck!

Ellen

Old May 16th 05, 01:51 AM
Cindy Senger

Could they be intimidated by bigger kids that are playing on that particular
playground? I mean, are some of the kids just plain bigger than them, whereas
at daycare, they are all roughly the same size? Are they overwhelmed by the
activity level while they are still pretty calm? Do they see kids racing
around while they are still in more of a walking mood? They could just be
scared of getting run over and hurt. I remember one little girl who was in
preschool with my girls-- she was painfully shy-- and I really don't think that
is the problem with your kids. Anyway, every day at playground time, she would
cling to the teacher the whole time. One day at the end of the school year, I
went in to help and this little girl actually played instead of sticking with
the teacher. I said something to the teacher about how nice it was to see her
playing and the teacher said that she was glad to see it, too. She went on to
say that her class had gotten outside first a few days before and this little
girl had just run out to play. She said it seemed like she was just a little
weary of all the activity going on before she got there. Once she had gotten
out to play and warm up she was happy to have others join her. After a few
days, she was happy to go play regardless of whether she was the first one
out there or not. My point is, maybe if you went to the playground when there
are fewer kids there? Or before most of the kids arrive? HTH.

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article .com,
says...

Old May 17th 05, 12:01 PM
Poppa Jack

oh yeah.
I play with them all the time in the playground. I go down the slide
with them i climb the stairs to the little tree house type thing.
I hold them as they go hand over hand on the bars. I crawl with them
through spaces not meant for a 6 footer.
I just want them to do it themselves.
So I sit and they sit with me.
Then they want the swings, which I have to push.

I tell them that I am going to sit and they sit with me. they know the
playground, they know some of the kids there too.
I really hope it will pass.

Thanks
Jack

Old May 17th 05, 12:06 PM
Poppa Jack

I dont think tha tis it, when I am with them they have no problem
running around, making noise, we generaly get there when there are not
a lot of kids there, they are NOT shy in the least. Little J will walk
right up to strange kids or parents and ask them their name.
Abigail has no problem letting other kids play with her sandbox toys
when she is not using them. They just seem to want to do things with
Daddy.
There is one playground that they like to go to, even point the
direction when leaving daycare, but after 15 minutes there they are
just behaving so poorly that I cannot stand to go there anymore. the
other ones they know well as they are closer to the house, they just
want daddy to go everywhere and do everything with them.

Just wondering if it was a twinn thing, because they are so used to the
company....

Jack

Old May 18th 05, 08:17 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Poppa Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Personally, it just sounds to me like they're really close to their daddy,
and I think that's great. :-) If they do well in other situations, which
you've said is the case, and the children are good at sharing & playing with
friends, then I think they sound like very well-attached kids who just like
the added confidence of having a loving parent nearby.

Jennifer

Old May 18th 05, 07:36 PM
Cindy Senger

I think Jennifer is right!! And, we all need to remember to enjoy the times
that they actually want us to be around-- it won't last long enough!!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article , says...

oups.com...

Old May 24th 05, 07:14 AM
Poppa Jack

You are SO right about that.

I have spent the last 2 month in an effort to factor myself out of the
equation when I am with the kids. I have been practicing being nothing
and then I look at this post that I made about me wanting!

I have learned that when I am parenting, me wanting always leads to
things getting out of hand, so I try not to do it.

I will enjoy their company and I will do as they ask me as long as they
ask me politely.

Most recently little J has been telling me to drive with both hands on
the wheel just like they tell him to do in day care.

Too cute.

Thanks for the replys.

Jack

Abigail and Jonathan 9-10-02

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 08:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 07:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM