Still nothing

Old April 5th 08, 05:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

Default Still nothing

I posted a while back about how I had the wrong dates in mind and not really
TTC. I think the subject was something like, "What are the chances"
I had expected new cycle today, and for me, I find I either wake up first
thing in the morning with an expected 'surprise' OR once my morning gets
started, that's when it starts (usually by mid-morning)
Today I had a workout class, and I've also found that this kind of
activity - lots of moving and all that - can also bring it on for the day if
it hasn't started.
So, basically, my period should have come today, and it's 10:30 at night and
still nothing. I took a HPT the day before I was expecting my period - just
to be sure - and it came back negative. Now I'm coming up to the day after
I had expected it (and I haven't tested since the day before) I used First
Response, which, IIRC, claims to be able to detect 4 days before expected
period.
I've never had any issues with TTC. With all my pregnancies, it's been a
decision to try and it's been 1 month of trying - so basically hit it on the
first try. I guess this might mean I'm fairly fertile?
Would this have anything to do with hormone detection or not at all?
I haven't been stressing over it - actually totally forgot all about it
until just the other day - and I don't feel any early symptoms of pregnancy
OR any symptoms I find I normally get before each new cycle.
With a HPT that claims to be so sensitive, should I just assume it tested
correctly and keep waiting or would even such a "sensitive" test not detect
enough hormone a day before a period is to start? I did use first morning
urine to test as well... Is that pretty much a valid response or can they
still be wrong on occasion?

Old April 5th 08, 07:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Every pregnancy is different. Even an early detection test can show
negative if it's early enough in the pregnancy. So it's still an unknown at
this point. If today was the latest possible day that you would be
expecting your period, then I'd test tomorrow first thing with another FR
and see what it says.
--

Jamie Clark