paper diapers that don't leak?

Old October 17th 03, 08:43 PM
zeldabee

Default paper diapers that don't leak?

I'm using cloth, but I'd like to use paper diapers when I go out...and I'm
*considering* switching when I go back to work and my son's in daycare. But
every paper diaper I've tried leaks. The (diaper service) cloth diapers
with the Pro-Wrap or Whisper Wrap covers rarely do. Does anyone have
recommendations for good non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just go
with the territory?

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old October 17th 03, 09:01 PM
Sue

No, leaking doesn't go with the territory with disposable diapers. Usually
that means the diaper isn't big enough or a proper fit. I used Luvs diapers
with all three of my girls and had no problems. The problem though is kids
are different shapes and sizes, so what works for one child may not work for
another. Also, in my experience, if the diaper is an off brand diaper then
they don't work as well. What brands have you tried?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 17th 03, 09:02 PM
Nikki

zeldabee wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for good
non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just go with the territory?

My kids are generally in one size bigger then what the package states. I
think those weights on the package are screwy :-) I use the cheapest diaper
on the shelf and don't have leakage problems. Some diapers do work better
for one body type and not so well on another so you might have to
experiment.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old October 17th 03, 09:26 PM
JennP

"zeldabee" wrote in message
I'm using cloth, but I'd like to use paper diapers when I go out...and I'm
*considering* switching when I go back to work and my son's in daycare.

But
every paper diaper I've tried leaks. The (diaper service) cloth diapers
with the Pro-Wrap or Whisper Wrap covers rarely do. Does anyone have
recommendations for good non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just

go
with the territory?

Disposable diapers is not = to leaking.

It's a matter of experimenting with different brands and finding the sizes
that fit your baby. Just as you did with cloth.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 17th 03, 10:15 PM
Anne Rogers

our experience is a leaky disposable is very rare, we had a few problems
at the start as we bought new baby size (3-6kg) our baby was 2.6kg and
they were too big, we should have bought premie size nappies, we're still
using this size (for trips out and child care) with no problems, we've
used a variety of brands, supermarket own mainly, I've found them all very
good, perhaps there is greater variety in the US?

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old October 17th 03, 10:36 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

zeldabee wrote:

I'm using cloth, but I'd like to use paper diapers when I go out...and I'm
*considering* switching when I go back to work and my son's in daycare. But
every paper diaper I've tried leaks. The (diaper service) cloth diapers
with the Pro-Wrap or Whisper Wrap covers rarely do. Does anyone have
recommendations for good non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just go
with the territory?

Cloth diapers with diaper covers can leak, usually because the diaper
covers are either too large or too small. I assume that if disposable
diapers are the wrong size for the child they too will leak. So any
diaper system can have leaks.

I think it's just a matter of finding the correct size for your child.

Jeanne
Old October 17th 03, 10:45 PM
Clisby

zeldabee wrote:
I'm using cloth, but I'd like to use paper diapers when I go out...and I'm
*considering* switching when I go back to work and my son's in daycare. But
every paper diaper I've tried leaks. The (diaper service) cloth diapers
with the Pro-Wrap or Whisper Wrap covers rarely do. Does anyone have
recommendations for good non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just go
with the territory?

That's interesting - I always assumed cloth diapers were leakier.
Anyhow, I didn't have a problem with leaking from disposables - maybe
you haven't found one that really fits quite right.

My favorite, BTW, is the Kroger store brand - I've found it fits better
(and the velcro-like closings work better) than Huggies.

Clisby

Old October 17th 03, 11:05 PM
Jacqui

Sue wibbled

The problem though is kids are different shapes and sizes, so what
works for one child may not work for another. Also, in my
experience, if the diaper is an off brand diaper then they don't
work as well.

Definitely a YMMV issue. T has terrible trouble with brand name nappies
((free) Pampers in the hospital, the one Huggies one we tried), and
great success with Boots and Tesco own-brands (pharmacy chain,
supermarket chain, for non-Brits). He's in reusables for most of the
day but we use disps at night and when we go out in the car - a "wet
nappy" wail is distracting enough to make DH crash the car, he reckons!

Jac
Old October 18th 03, 09:56 PM
zeldabee

"Nikki" wrote:
zeldabee wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for good
non-leaking paper diapers, or does leaking just go with the territory?

My kids are generally in one size bigger then what the package states. I
think those weights on the package are screwy :-) I use the cheapest
diaper on the shelf and don't have leakage problems. Some diapers do
work better for one body type and not so well on another so you might
have to experiment.

It seems that some people are saying it's more of a problem if they're too
small, and others say the opposite. Wonder how many packages of diapers
I'll end up with...

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/

WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
Huggies diapers .. Jill Pregnancy 32 June 3rd 04 07:11 PM
fitted diapers vs. chinese prefolds hobbes General 3 August 26th 03 07:06 PM
Helping Your Child Be Healthy and Fit sX3#;WA@'U John Smith Kids Health 0 July 20th 03 04:50 AM
2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers Nina Pregnancy 0 July 9th 03 12:53 AM