P. Diddy: Child support lawsuit really about 'adult support'

Old September 13th 04, 12:35 AM
Dusty

Default P. Diddy: Child support lawsuit really about 'adult support'

P. Diddy: Child support lawsuit really about 'adult support'

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY
AP Music Writer

September 9, 2004, 11:37 PM EDT

NEW YORK -- The baby mama drama just won't stop for P. Diddy.

The mogul also known as Sean Combs says he's hurt that the mother of his
first child has gone to court to increase his child support payments,
claiming that "it's ridiculous to think any of my kids would want for
anything."

Combs called The Associated Press on Thursday night to talk about the legal
action filed against him by Misa Hylton-Brim, the mother of their
10-year-old son, Justin.

"We've had a great relationship, and then all of the sudden I got hit with a
lawsuit for more money," he said.

In August, a Westchester County magistrate ordered Combs to increase his
child support from a reported $5,000 per month to about $35,000. That's the
same amount he pays to model Kim Porter, the mother of his second child,
Christian. Combs and Porter are currently "together."

Hylton-Brim is a fashion stylist for Lil' Kim and other stars. A message
left for her attorney after hours was not immediately returned.

But Combs said he has always paid her more than $5,000 per month, a figure
he says the pair agreed to years earlier. Combs said he has paid for his
son's schooling, medical care, clothes and anything else his child wanted.

"My son goes to the best schools, he has full-time tutors," he said _ not to
mention the restaurants he named after the boy. "I wouldn't know what else
to do to give my son."

Combs, who is appealing the $35,000-per-month ruling, claims Hylton-Brim is
only seeking more money because she's in the process of getting a divorce
from her husband, with whom she has children.

"It's not about child support, it's about adult support," he said. "I love
the mother of my first child. I would never want to do anything to hurt her,
but I have to defend the kind of father that I am."

At one point, when Porter and Combs were not together, she also went to
court to raise her child support payments, which at the time were a
court-ordered $11,000 per month.

Is Hylton-Brim seeking parity with Porter?

"The fact is," Combs said, "that the mother of my first child gets more
money than the mother of my second child."

Although Combs likened Hylton-Brim's case to extortion, he said he had no
ill feelings against her.

"I'm always going to respect her for being the mother of my child," he said,
"but at the same time, that don't mean she has to be right."

Eliminate the impossible and whatever
remains, no matter how improbable, must
be the truth.

---- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ---