when one kid is naughty and the other is nice

Old December 10th 04, 01:33 PM
Banty

In article .com, Penny
says...

Hi Ted,
Just wrote a book called "Want Great Kids? It takes Good Parenting!"

Hi, Penny!

I just wrote a post called "Want Great Newsgroups? It takes telling commercial
posters to blow off."

Hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
Banty

Old December 10th 04, 02:13 PM
Penny

Well aren't you the pleasant parent. Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

Old December 10th 04, 03:20 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Penny wrote:

Well aren't you the pleasant parent. Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

You do realize that advertising is off limits according
to this group's charter, right? And that you've hawked the
book in several messages already. Violating an established
group's conventions is hardly the way to win friends and
customers.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old December 10th 04, 04:57 PM
Banty

In article .com, Penny
says...

Well aren't you the pleasant parent. Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

That's what all the spammers and telemarketers say. "Some (small) portion of
our targets want the stuff."

Banty

Old December 10th 04, 05:11 PM
Here to there

On 10 Dec 2004 06:13:02 -0800, Penny wrote:
Well aren't you the pleasant parent.

As opposed to someone who assumes, for example, with no
actual knowledge of the situation, that a particular set of
parents is "buying" friends for their kids?

Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

Several people on this newgroup have valuable information to
share. Nobody who has tried to use the group for cheap
marketing purposes has lasted. Which category do you fall
into?

- Rich

Old December 10th 04, 09:39 PM
Penny

I thought I did have valuable information to share. I hope I helped
the person who asked the question. As for everyone else. Let me be
the first to apologize if I offended anyone. But as I tell my kids,
there is a nice way to tell someone. Again, so sorry.

Old December 10th 04, 09:51 PM
Penny Gaines

Banty wrote in :

In article .com, Penny
says...

Well aren't you the pleasant parent. Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

That's what all the spammers and telemarketers say. "Some (small) portion
of our targets want the stuff."

It wasn't actually terribly useful: one child misbehaves, and the other
is punished as well?

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old December 11th 04, 04:10 PM
Welches

"Penny Gaines" wrote in message
news
Banty wrote in :

In article .com, Penny
says...

Well aren't you the pleasant parent. Some of us have information to
share that is valuable. Be glad to help you too!

That's what all the spammers and telemarketers say. "Some (small)
portion
of our targets want the stuff."

It wasn't actually terribly useful: one child misbehaves, and the other
is punished as well?

--

Agreed. it wouldn't take some children long to work out that there were
times it would be worth being punished for the other one to be too. (ie if