May due dates

Old May 7th 04, 03:55 AM
Mary S.

Default May due dates

Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby? You're almost there!! How's the
last month treating you all? Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet? Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month? Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy? I remember being
so amazed that I felt 100% better two weeks after birth than I did two
weeks before birth, even though we were taking care of a newborn around
the clock. Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

Mary

Old May 7th 04, 03:25 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article , Mary S. wrote:
Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

Am I allowed to say "both"? ;-)

Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

I'm currently on "extreme fatigue," and the timing is...not great. We are
moving out of our house on Monday to a hotel, where we'll probably be for
about a month. Still packing to do, ack! DH has been refusing to let me
do anything. On the one hand, that's really nice; on the other hand - here
comes Monday, and we've still got a ton of stuff to haul out of the
basement!

Are you excited to meet your baby soon?

I am so curious to find out what she's like. I've got a picture in my head,
based on the kinds of things she seems to respond to in utero; but I know it's
just as likely to be entirely inaccurate! (Well, maybe apart from the bit
about sleeping in the car. ;-))

Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house?

Backache. I'm lucky that I'm still sleeping, except when my back starts to
go and I have to turn over. That takes about 20 minutes. ;-) Worst part,
though, is the return of morning sickness - it's not nearly as bad, but I
hate being nauseous worse than just about anything else. Bleah. Still, I'm
a really lucky pregnant lady, I think!

Liz
EDD 5/22/04
--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old May 7th 04, 06:25 PM
Matthew Beasley

"Mary S." wrote in message
Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

Hmmmm, both. I love the baby movements and all but I am sick to death
of poking my finger to check my blood sugar for the GD. Also the
formerly VBAC-friendly hospital that I am going to is changing their
policy and will cease to "offer" VBAC as of May 15th. Of course my EDD
is May 31st. This means more hassle for me in refusing a c/s, etc. DH
and I are comfortable with doing it with the blessing of my OB practice
but it is a pain nonetheless. I hate hospital administrators.

You're almost there!! How's the
last month treating you all? Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

Weekly appointments are on. Nothing surprising. Everything is going
along smoothly. However, my house is a disaster and nothing here at
home is really ready for a new baby. I am working for one more week
and then have two weeks before the EDD to get things ready not that I
feel like doing anything really. I have nothing packed in case I have
to leave in a hurry and we actually do not have a diaper in the house.
I just started yesterday to get the clothes left from my other kids
washed and ready to go. The only thing that is ready is the cradle
beside my bed. Since I BF I at least do not have to worry about bottles
and such. I do have a going home outfit ready as well.

Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month? Any

nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

Oh I feel the urge to get things done but have little energy to work on
anything. I constantly feel like I need a nap. It seems like I am
sleeping okay at night other than being up every two hours to go to the
restroom but I am so sleepy during the day that I often fall asleep in
the chair in the afternoon when I sit down to put my feet up to relieve
some of the wonderful swelling.

Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as

house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

I can't wait to meet this baby is find out if it is another girl or a
little boy. I love the surprise element but hate the waiting. My girls
are getting very excited. I feel like the baby has dropped some and
some of these "practice" contractions are starting to feel more real but
I am not expecting miracles, since my last VBAC baby, DD#2, was 12 days
late. I am seeing some evidence that there is *some* cervical change
going on but again not holding my breath. At 36w4d I have tons of time
yet to fret and worry. Of course, with my luck, since nothing is ready
this little one will decide that coming early would be a hoot.

Cali
EDD #3 5/31/04

Old May 8th 04, 02:23 AM
Jill

"Mary S." wrote
You're almost there!! How's the
last month treating you all? Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet? Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month? Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

Whew! I made it!! That's how I feel, I made it! I have been on weekly
midwife visits for 3 weeks now. As of today I am only 1cm dilated, 75%
effaced, AFAIK baby still engaged at -1. My bags are packed, we've toured
the birth center. Everything is ready and YES it seems like my belly is
huuuuge! Not much nesting, but I have been tidier and doing a little more
housecleaning and organizing. I am extremely fatigued, have little appetite,
and sleep a lot. I could feel much worse though, I can't complain. No panic
attacks in 3 weeks! No breathing problems like I was having 3 weeks ago,
with my throat swelling...very very little swelling in my feet anymore. So,
I can't complain. I am not even having many painful cramps or BH
contractions or anything. I am just so tired, riding in a car is so
uncomfortable because of the pressure in my pelvis and the size of my
stomach. I've lost weight everywhere except my stomach! But, my weight is up
so that the midwives feel good about what I've gained now.

My stomach is very hard, never soft! The baby moves a lot and always has a
foot in my right ribs. I'm a shortie so she is engaged to a -1 and I STILL
feel her, she can reach pretty high with those toes of hers. I'm still kind
of having a problem with morning sickness, but if I am careful about what
and how often I eat (eat crackers, eat often, don't force to eat when I am
queasy, don't drink while eating, drink before or an hour after etc) it's
manageable. Resting a napping a lot helps. I am lucky to be able to. During
the days it's just me and the cat, for the last days....I will miss this
time I am sure!

I can't WAIT to hold my baby. I think the family issues will work out and I
also think I will relax a lot after she is here and stop worrying, I have
more days than ever that I just don't feel so uptight and worried over
everyt little thing. My dad is really excited about the baby and I realize
that my mom is too and they will only love my baby as much as humanly
possible, so I am softening up. Why was I so hard in the first place even if
they are crazy sometimes?

So-- I can't complain, I'm feeling better, pregnancy IS uncomfortable enough
that I can't wait for it to be over, but I really can't complain.

I AM a bit nervous of labor, because of the "unknown". My husband is very
excited, he doesn't talk about it- he will admit it, but it is a joy to me
to see it on his face. You can see it and it is so sweet. Everyone is ready
to love this baby! And I can't begrudge anyone, for wanting to love, love
on, and spoil this baby. So I am getting over dwelling on how people annoy
me. It's a good thing too- I know I will appreciate the help (I still hope
they sort of lay low the first week though)...

I can't wait! Can't complain, am just waiting, everything is as ready as can
be. Ask me tomorrow when my back is hurting and I might complain more...I
just don't feel too bad right now! But I have noticeably felt a lot worse
since the end of Week 37.

Jill (ready to meet baby Rachel!)

June due dates Mary Pregnancy 6 April 5th 04 05:13 PM
Review: 50 First Dates (**) Steve Rhodes General 1 February 23rd 04 01:22 AM
Due Dates Constantly Changed NDakotaQueen Pregnancy 4 February 1st 04 03:15 AM
march due dates rsitter Pregnancy 6 January 31st 04 05:33 PM
September & October due dates Kereru Pregnancy 22 August 31st 03 03:52 AM