Thank you and conclusions.

Old May 7th 04, 01:10 AM
Kara H

Default Thank you and conclusions.

First of all, thank you SO much to all of you who took the time to fill out
the survey about subsequent births for me. I knew I could count on the
mommies (and daddies) in MKP and AM. You are all FABULOUS.

Second, below are the basic conclusions that I drew from the surveys. I did
have to draw a few surveys as inconclusive due to specific circumstances or
lack of information. The labor/birth length averages and induction counts
are based on the information I received in the surveys. Some surveys did not
include this information, therefore the information is not included in the
conclusion.

Thanks again for your help!
-Kara.

Total number of participants: 23

Total number of births: 53

Average number of children per participant: 2.4

Number of participants with 2 children:17 (74%)

Number of participants with 3 children: 5 (22%)

Number of participants with 4 children: 1 (4%)

Total number of inductions noted for first child: 1

Total number of inductions noted for second child: 2

Average length of labor/birth #1- 24h15m (total of 14 births accounted for)

Average length of labor/birth #2- 10h45m (total of 14 births accounted for)

Average length of labor/birth #3- 3h40m (total of 3 births accounted for)

Average length of labor/birth #4- none accounted for

Number of second births easier than first: 15 (83%)

Number of second births harder than first: 1 (5%)

Number of second births easier and harder than first: 2 (11%)

Number of second births same as first: 0 (0%)

Number of third births easier than second: 0 (0%)

Number of third births harder than second: 3 (60%)

Number of third births same as second: 2 (40%)

Old May 7th 04, 10:03 AM
Cheryl

On Thu, 6 May 2004 20:10:44 -0400, "Kara H"
wrote:

First of all, thank you SO much to all of you who took the time to fill out
the survey about subsequent births for me. I knew I could count on the
mommies (and daddies) in MKP and AM. You are all FABULOUS.

Second, below are the basic conclusions that I drew from the surveys. I did
have to draw a few surveys as inconclusive due to specific circumstances or
lack of information. The labor/birth length averages and induction counts
are based on the information I received in the surveys. Some surveys did not
include this information, therefore the information is not included in the
conclusion.

I'd better give you more info!

Labour #1 was 2.5 hrs, #2 was induced and labour was 2.5 hrs, labour
#3 was around 3.5 hrs.

And my third birth was the easiest/most enjoyable.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Old May 7th 04, 08:41 PM
Kara H

#3 was around 3.5 hrs.

And my third birth was the easiest/most enjoyable.

Thank you, Cheryl! I've updated your row in my chart. I did not count you
as inconclusive though. I just did not average you in for the length of
labors. The inconclusive results were the ones that I did not understand or
who specifically said that they feel their experiences were unique and
caused by something outside of pregnancy/childbirth.

-Kara.