September due dates

Old May 7th 04, 03:57 AM
Mary S.

Default September due dates

Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while? Kicks and
tumbles? Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

Mary

Old May 7th 04, 04:17 AM
Mary S.

My due date is either September 29 or October 1, depending on whose
counting system you believe, but I always feel like I belong to the
later due-date group for symptoms, so I'm butting in.

Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while?

I look pregnant and I LOVE it! I was only barely just emerging from
"tired, sick, pale, skinny, nauseated" at this point with Sproutkin.
This pregnancy, I'm gaining weight well, have a gorgeous round belly,
feel happy and energetic, and am generally glowing! I love wearing
shirts that show off my belly. People are starting to open doors for me
and ask when I'm due, and I feel like I'm radiating. The second
trimester rocks.

Kicks and tumbles?

Yep! I felt the first movements with Sproutkin at about 14 weeks, and I
didn't feel anything from this wee one until 16 weeks, and now at almost
19 weeks it's little movements and not as frequent (contributing to my
suspicion of anterior placenta), but they're such sweet little taps.

Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes?

AFP was fine so we'll skip an ultrasound (it would be too tempting for
me anyway, since DH doesn't want to know the gender this time). Love my
care provideers; really excited about being at the birth center again.
Not bothering with childbirth classes this time around. I wish they
offered "adjusting to two" or siblings classes.

It does seem like labor is ages away, and yet I'll be 20 weeks in 8
days. I can't believe it's gone so fast this time; I can't be halfway
done already! Not when I'm enjoying this pregnancy so much. At the
same time, I can't wait to meet this little lovebug, and get to know
her/him. Will she be big or little, have a completely different
personality, say as many funny things as Sproutkin does, what color
hair, be active or mellow, do I get a sleeper this time?

Nursing when pregnant is a big PITA, ouch ouch ouch. It just *hurts*
and it's getting worse, not better, as time goes on. Any tips or
encouragement from those of you who've nursed through a pregnancy would
be greatly appreciated.

Sophie, I'm having girl vibes -- you still holding strong with your
prediction? G

All in all, it's great to be in the second trimester, it's a blast
having a two-year-old, and I'm floating on air these days.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin
and a new wee babysprout, due 10/01

Old May 7th 04, 04:31 PM
Elitsirk

"Mary S." wrote in message ...
Halfway there! How's everyone doing?

Due September 20, and I'm doing pretty well. I've been a little
stressed about work recently and DH has been working a lot of late
hours, so I'm not as cheerful and happy as I'd like to be, but at
least I'm not quite as sick. I'm still counting "good days" as the
number of days since I last threw up--I'm on 3 right now--but that was
after a run of 6 in a row (the most since week 5...), which isn't too
bad

Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while?

I've really looked pregnant for a couple of weeks. I have noticed
recently though that my tummy now sticks out about as far as my bust.
Speaking of bust, mine's still growing (I guess that's normal), and
I'm about to outgrow the bras I bought around 10 weeks--I started a
38B, bought 4 cheap Target bras in a 38C, and the other day measured
myself at a 40C or D (I'm holding extra weight in my back or I'd be in
a 38D to E instead of the 40...). Yikes! I haven't bought any new
bras yet, though--if I hold out long enough I might just be able to
get a couple of nursing bras that will fit for a while later...

Kicks and tumbles?

All the time. The baby likes to poke me in my bladder when it's the
tiniest bit full :P. I think I'm feeling mostly hands and elbows,
since most of the pokes are down pretty low, and my last US showed the
baby head down.

Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds?

US results seem fine...had a follow up yesterday and the kid
stubbornly kept its knees locked together and ankles crossed...it's a
unisex nursery for us I had the triple screen, but haven't heard
the results--I need to call my OB's office and ask--I thought the Dr.
said he would call whether the results were good or not, but hasn't
yet (most other tests I have, they only call if there's a problem, so
I'm hoping all is well...)

Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

I've pre-registered at the hospital we intend to use, and have a list
of their classes. I need to call and schedule one. Labor still seems
a long time away, though my MIL was asking the other day about when
we'd be having the baptism! I have no good answer for her, since
that's about the lowest on my list of baby-related "to-do's" right now
(sometime after classes, emptying the bedroom for the nursery, birth,
etc).

Anyway, that's about all from me for now

--Elit.
9/20/2004
Old May 7th 04, 05:29 PM
Sophie

I can't believe it's gone so fast this time; I can't be halfway
done already!

No you can't be! That's gone *really* fast to me.

Sophie, I'm having girl vibes -- you still holding strong with your
prediction? G

Lol. As I read I was thinking "girl" again

All in all, it's great to be in the second trimester, it's a blast
having a two-year-old, and I'm floating on air these days.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin
and a new wee babysprout, due 10/01

It's great to read such a happy post

Old May 8th 04, 02:47 AM
Mary S.

Lol. As I read I was thinking "girl" again

Yay! I'm holding you to it -- I want to start looking at sisters
outfits and getting out all those cute things Sproutkin only wore once
or twice before outgrowing.

It's great to read such a happy post

I feel happy! You can thwomp me on the head when I'm 39 weeks and doing
nothing but whining and complaining.

Mary S.

Old May 8th 04, 03:34 AM
Zannah

In article , "Mary S."
wrote:

Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while? Kicks and
tumbles? Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

The baby's an active little sprout, and I'm slightly nervous about how
much more active it's going to get over the next four months. My
daughter's already felt the baby move, which amazes me. (She is *so*
psyched about being a big sister. She's rooting for a little sister,
although I keep on explaining I have no control over what we get. I
would have liked to know what sex the baby is, but the ultrasound people
aren't allowed to say whether the baby's a boy or a girl.)

And after not showing at all (well, hardly at all) during my last
pregnancy, I feel like a whale. I swear I've put on as much weight on my
butt as I have on my front.

Goodness, I haven't even got to thinking about labour. I figure the week
before the due date will be early enough. At this point, my labour plan
goes as follows: go into labour -- pack bag -- delay going to hospital
as long as possible.

Zannah
#2 due September 8
Old May 8th 04, 01:07 PM
Sophie

"Mary S." wrote in message

Lol. As I read I was thinking "girl" again

Yay! I'm holding you to it -- I want to start looking at sisters
outfits and getting out all those cute things Sproutkin only wore once
or twice before outgrowing.

Awww matching outfits! Lol.

It's great to read such a happy post

I feel happy! You can thwomp me on the head when I'm 39 weeks and doing
nothing but whining and complaining.

Mary S.

Lol, I'll remember that

September due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 7 March 6th 04 02:25 AM
September due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 10 February 8th 04 04:09 AM
September due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 8 February 3rd 04 04:19 PM
September due dates GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 7 September 2nd 03 06:23 PM
September & October due dates Kereru Pregnancy 22 August 31st 03 03:52 AM