Bad Stomach?

Old July 17th 06, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

Default Bad Stomach?

Lately I've noticed that my stomach always feels really upset. I find it's
always in the evening - usually around 10pm or so - and it just feels like I
have a major upset stomach. This has been going on for the past 3 nights
now.
Normally it's a bad stomach ache feeling, almost like I've eaten something
bad, and it keeps me up for a little in bed, but when I finally fall asleep,
in the morning it's gone and I feel fine - until night, anyways.
Nothing I can think of has changed with my daily routine. I haven't been
doing anything different or eating anything different than I always have.
Last night I felt a BAD stomach ache. I thought maybe I'd try to go to the
washroom, but no go. It was a bad stomach ache along with a cramping
feeling, as always, only feeling worse. I FINALLY fell asleep - last I
looked at the clock, it was well after 1am. I woke up this morning with DH
when he went to work around 530am, and my stomach still hurt with the same
gross feeling. Not pukey feeling, but more, "Oh, I have the runs!" yet a
trip to the washroom didn't help as I peed and that was it.
I went back to bed after DH left for work, and when I got up about 2 hours
ago, it still hurt. Slightly less now, but still a painful stomach ache. I
still have the same feeling as when I woke up for the second time. It was
so bad last night that I was tempted to drive myself to the hospital, but
then I figured there was no point as I'd drive half an hour to the hospital
just out of town to just lay in a bed anyways and be uncomfortable, and
might as well be in my own bed to be uncomfortable, but probably more
comfortable.
I really can't think of anything I've had to drink or eat that would cause a
stomach ache on a nightly basis. Baby moves just fine when I have these
pains, as well as when they eventually go away. It seems almost (last night
for sure) it was more than active and that movement didn't seem to help much
at all.
My next appointment with my OB isn't for another week and a half, but
something like this I don't think she can help with anyways. Should I go
see a doctor? Has anyone had something like this?

Old July 17th 06, 06:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

"xkatx" wrote in message news:IoPug.110381
Lately I've noticed that my stomach always feels really upset.
Has anyone had something like this?

Yes, heartburn, that was the worse part of pregnancy for me. I pretty much
had to sit up in bed to sleep. Maalox helped some, but if you have it as bad
as I did, you might want to see if you can take Zantac.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old July 17th 06, 06:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:02:32 GMT, "xkatx" wrote:

[...]

If you're not running a fever and it's not a constant pain, I wouldn't
worry too much. I used to feel icky at night with dd2. I figured it
was from all my activity during the day and finally settling down.
You might try some Chamomile tea to help settle your stomach.

Nan

Old July 18th 06, 09:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Cindi - HappyMamatoThree

"Nan" wrote in message
[...]

Or give candied ginger a try. That helps to soothe the tummy. It really
sounds like gas which can cause that "diarrhea type cramping" but only air.

I hope it passes soon. {no pun intended}

Cindi

My stomach.... Jill Pregnancy 7 May 3rd 04 11:02 PM
My stomach!! Eeeeek! Jill Pregnancy 11 February 16th 04 05:09 AM
doctor leaning on stomach during labor? Joe Pregnancy 3 January 8th 04 05:40 AM
Stomach getting uncomfortable etc. Jill Pregnancy 1 December 16th 03 02:35 AM
Prenatal Vitamins for Sensitive Stomach? Marc D. Field Pregnancy 2 October 28th 03 08:42 PM