night potty training

Old July 27th 03, 12:49 AM
nanamOOn

Default night potty training

I agree with this - I don't think she's quite ready yet, especially since she
has completely slept through two accidents without even noticing. She's so
persistent and stubborn, though, it take some serious negotiating to try to
talk her out of underwear at night.

My 3 year old is just potty training...we've gone two whole weeks without ANY
accident at all. He still gets a diaper at night because he wakes up soaked. He
has started not wanting to have a diaper at night, so I let him go to sleep in
his underwear and then change him into a diaper as soon as he is asleep. He
doesn't notice since he sleeps like a log. Its working for us =)

Rachel
Mommy to Andrew Neil (May 19, 2000) and Lukas Dallon (June 2, 2001)
See us at: http://photos.yahoo.com/poohrkm

~Some people never find it some only pretend, but me I just want to live
happily ever after Every now and then. ~JB

Old July 27th 03, 02:50 AM
Joy

My daughter is 4.5, and she is quite insistent on wearing underwear. If
we put a pull-up on, she'll cry f o r e v e r... We hear all about how
scratchy and hot it is, and she can't get to sleep. A cloth diaper is
just too bulky in her opinion. So undies it is.

What has been working for us is to put a waterproof thingy (purchased at
Wal-mart for 8 bucks) underneath her sheet. She goes to bed around 8:30
and goes to the bathroom. She'll take a sip of water, but she usually
doesn't drink a lot. Around 10:30 or 11:00, when my husband and I go to
bed, one of us takes her to the bathroom. Amazingly enough, she doesn't
completely wake up and goes. I just sit her on, hold her and tell her
she needs to go to the bathroom.

Occasionally, we have accidents. I'm not sure if what we do is the best
thing or not, but it's been working okay for us. Wish I could find
something that was more comfortable than pull-ups or a diaper. She
really hates them, and I can't see forcing her to wear them as being the
way to go.

Not much on advice, I guess, but I can say I understand.

Joy

http://community.webtv.net/joybelle15/ROSESCLUBFOOTPAGE

Old July 27th 03, 03:30 PM
James and Karen Stewart

What I did with my son was put on the big boy underpants he wore all day and
just put a pull up over top. He never had a wet night... but he was also
31/2 when I trained him., don't force her..... either put on pull ups and
worry about night training in a few months, try again. Or you can put a pull
up over her underpants and see if she feels it enough to get up in the night
to go....some children's bladders aren't developed enough at her age.

Good luck
Karen

"jmorgan" wrote in message
My daughter (just over 3) has been potty trained since she was 2, during
the day that is. We live in a warm climate and she sweats a lot, so we
haven't restricted her fluid intake in the evenings, and she takes a
sippy cup of water with her to bed, thus she has always slept with a
pull up on. Now she wants to sleep in underwear - we've been semi
successful the past few days, but I'm wondering how often do you wake
them up to go? She has wet herself twice now without even waking up and
noticing it. So far we take her to the bathroom one around 10:30p and
then again around 1a or so, and that seems to be working alright. I
suppose I'm just looking for suggestions on this transition, or other
ideas for having successful nights with minimal waking for all.

cara

Old July 27th 03, 07:44 PM
jmorgan

James and Karen Stewart wrote:

What I did with my son was put on the big boy underpants he wore all day and
just put a pull up over top. He never had a wet night... but he was also
31/2 when I trained him., don't force her..... either put on pull ups and
worry about night training in a few months, try again. Or you can put a pull
up over her underpants and see if she feels it enough to get up in the night
to go....some children's bladders aren't developed enough at her age.

Thats a good idea, actually. She's actually the one who wants to wear the
underwear, I'd prefer she stays in pull ups longer, but doing both might satisfy
both of us. So far the past few days she's been fine to wear the pull up - we
worried she would throw a big stubborn fit about it, but is being amenable so
far!

cara

Bottles at night Ali's Daddie General 15 July 27th 03 05:02 AM
Frustrated - Potty training Infocus General 8 July 16th 03 05:04 PM
Reason for weaning from bottle at 1 yo? Truffles General 38 July 13th 03 09:18 AM