My awesome shower

Old September 22nd 03, 04:19 PM
sher

Default My awesome shower

I felt really awkward when my friends approached me about wanting to
have a shower for me. This is our third boy, so there's not much that
we need. Also, we're better off financially than most of our friends,
so having a diapers and wipes type of shower seemed really weird.
Well, they insisted that every birth should be celebrated whether it
is your first or your tenth, so they planned a "Pampered Sher" shower.
It was so awesome. They brought in a Body Shop consultant and we
spent the afternoon soaking/massaging our feet and giving ourselves
facials. At the end, they asked me if there were any products I
particularly liked, and they each chipped in a few bucks for some
things for me. It was a wonderful way to spend the day and I didn't
feel so weird about it since they each got pampered as well. Two of
my friends are due in November and they thought it was a great treat.

Anyway, I thought this was fabulous and had to share.

~ Sher, due with boy #3 9/27/03
Old September 23rd 03, 07:25 AM
Jeff McDonald

How lovely for you, Sher. You have good friends

Nothing beats a facial and pedicure - except maybe a massage!

Suzie

om...

Old September 23rd 03, 04:07 PM
sher

"Jeff McDonald" wrote in message ...
How lovely for you, Sher. You have good friends

Nothing beats a facial and pedicure - except maybe a massage!

Suzie

I guess I left that part out. Three of my friends also gave me a gift
certificate for a spa that includes getting my hair done, a facial,
and a massage. I can't wait!

~ Sher, due with boy #3 on Saturday (but hopefully earlier)
Old September 25th 03, 05:33 PM
Em

"sher" wrote in message
[...]

That was really nice of your friends, Sher! Sounds very special.

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03