help me with a dietary question?

Old September 30th 06, 06:27 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default help me with a dietary question?

Hello, breastfeeding enthusiasts! I have never been pregnant nor am I a
mother, and I've been a vegetarian since I was 11. So that brings me to
the confusion surrounding this question...

There are new parents in my office, and I signed on to bring them
dinner on Monday night (we are all taking a turn). But I'm unsure about
what to take them. Here are the dietary restrictions they provided:

OK proteins: organic chicken, wild salmon, beans, eggs, goat cheeses

NO: cow milk or cheese, red meats

Light on: onions, garlic, tofu, brassicas (broccoli, cabbage,
califlower, etc), super spicy

Given that, does anyone have a menu suggestion for dinner? Remember
that I do not know how to cook chicken or fish, so if the menu includes
that, it had better be foolproof...because I'll mess it up!

I'll crosspost this in a nutrition community, and thanks eternally in
advance. I'm really at a loss here!

Old September 30th 06, 08:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, breastfeeding enthusiasts! I have never been pregnant nor am I a
mother, and I've been a vegetarian since I was 11. So that brings me to
the confusion surrounding this question...

There are new parents in my office, and I signed on to bring them
dinner on Monday night (we are all taking a turn). But I'm unsure about
what to take them. Here are the dietary restrictions they provided:

OK proteins: organic chicken, wild salmon, beans, eggs, goat cheeses

NO: cow milk or cheese, red meats

Light on: onions, garlic, tofu, brassicas (broccoli, cabbage,
califlower, etc), super spicy

Given that, does anyone have a menu suggestion for dinner? Remember
that I do not know how to cook chicken or fish, so if the menu includes
that, it had better be foolproof...because I'll mess it up!

Roast chicken, caesar salad with umm...roasted carrots I think? I'd do
coleslaw myself, but they said no dairy and light cabbage.

Roast chicken should be easy-look up a recipe for it on www.allrecipes.com
I've had good success with the Lawry's-it's basically seasoned salt, olive
oil and leave the chicken in the oven for an hour or two.

Jess

Old October 1st 06, 06:13 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
deja.blues

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, breastfeeding enthusiasts! I have never been pregnant nor am I a
mother, and I've been a vegetarian since I was 11. So that brings me to
the confusion surrounding this question...

There are new parents in my office, and I signed on to bring them
dinner on Monday night (we are all taking a turn). But I'm unsure about
what to take them. Here are the dietary restrictions they provided:

OK proteins: organic chicken, wild salmon, beans, eggs, goat cheeses

NO: cow milk or cheese, red meats

Light on: onions, garlic, tofu, brassicas (broccoli, cabbage,
califlower, etc), super spicy

Vegetarian bean soup with french bread
Quiche made with goat cheese
Baked beans with vegetarian sausage
Lentil stew
Pasta e Fagioli
Salmon patties
Chicken salad sandwiches, can make chicken salad with grapes, almonds, etc
Cassoulet made with organic chicken sausage
Bagels with smoked salmon and soy cream cheese
Beans on toast
Vegetarian lasagne, w/o cheese
Veggie pizza on whole wheat crust with goat cheese

Some of these dishes are good for more than one meal.

If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant beccafromlalaland Spanking 128 February 16th 06 09:52 PM
Doan lies yet again..was.. Kane0 lies again Doan's phony offer to "debate" Kane Spanking 6 May 14th 04 02:10 AM
Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM