Sleep patterns in 3rd tri

Old March 2nd 04, 04:17 AM
ChitaShines

Default Sleep patterns in 3rd tri

I've never had insomnia and am not claiming to now, but my sleep patterns
have been really messed up the past several weeks. I am 29 weeks along. I
never know what the night has in store for me. Some nights, I sleep great
with only getting up a few times to pee. Other nights, I'll toss and turn
the cotton right off the sheets. I'll then have to get up for warm milk to
to left, etc. How well do you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

Old March 2nd 04, 05:18 AM
Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:17:55 GMT, "ChitaShines"
to left, etc. How well do you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

Unfortunately, usually on the couch. We have a big wonderful bed, in
whIch I cannot seem to get comfortable. I try, most nights, but have
moved out to the couch pretty regularly these last couple of weeks.
Once I'm there, and have done my normal toss-n-turn prior to sleep,
I'm fine. The back seems to help back support, and a comfortable side
position.

I do not remember it being like this last time around, but, OTOH, my
DH was up in Alaska processing fish most of the third trimester of
that pregnancy, and I probably slept a lot on the couch and recliner
then, too -- it's just that this time I'm noticing it.

Old March 2nd 04, 05:29 AM
Angela Schepers

Not well unfortunately. I usually roll around in bed for 3-5 hours
after I go to bed, getting up to urinate every 30-90 minutes. I usually
end up getting hungry around hour 2-3 and have to get up and get
something to eat. Then back to bed it is to roll around from one side
to the other for another hour before finally nod off. It's been pretty
rough actually and I'm tired most of the time. I don't think it
wouldn't be so bad if I could take naps during the day (I'm currently
not working) but unfortunately that's something I've never been able to
accomplish. I keep my poor DH up half the night and he ends up taking
naps when he gets off work to try and catch up on some sleep. He even
called in sick today because he wasn't asleep by 3:30am and had to get
up by 7am to get ready for work.

You mentioned leg cramps and luckily I haven't had any of those but do
you have any shoulder pain? Before I got PG I ALWAYS slept on my
stomach. Now sleeping on my sides all the time makes my shoulders really
soar. Sleeping with a body pillow between my knees/legs has helped me
to get comfortable but unfortunately hasn't helped me get to sleep any
faster. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't tired but I get really bored
of lying in bed tired and not able to sleep.

Angela
EDD #1 5-13-04

Old March 2nd 04, 05:30 AM
Leanne

I've never had insomnia and am not claiming to now, but my sleep patterns
have been really messed up the past several weeks. I am 29 weeks along.

never know what the night has in store for me. Some nights, I sleep great
with only getting up a few times to pee. Other nights, I'll toss and turn
the cotton right off the sheets. I'll then have to get up for warm milk

right
to left, etc. How well do you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

I've slept great every since i found out i was pregnant, its one of my
favorite times! lol!!

Hopefully his sleeping pattern will follow outside the womb!

Leanne

Old March 2nd 04, 05:31 AM
Auntie Bubbles

"ChitaShines" wrote in message
. com...
I've never had insomnia and am not claiming to now, but my sleep patterns
have been really messed up the past several weeks. I am 29 weeks along.

never know what the night has in store for me. Some nights, I sleep great
with only getting up a few times to pee. Other nights, I'll toss and turn
the cotton right off the sheets. I'll then have to get up for warm milk

right
to left, etc. How well do you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

Same as above, sister! You're not alone.
Some nights I only wake up once to pee, others my own snoring wakes me up,
mostly it's my arms and hands tingling and burning that wakes me up. I
think it's just practice for when the baby comes...
Cheers
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04
Beanie #1

Old March 2nd 04, 05:43 AM
Cam & Shane

Hi there

I'm also at 29 weeks and some nights are great - maybe one toilet stop and I
sun comes up and it's time to go to work. I haven't figured out why I can't
sleep on those nights - I can just sympathize with you

Camille

Old March 2nd 04, 05:51 AM
Nikki

ChitaShines wrote:
I've never had insomnia and am not claiming to now, but my sleep
patterns have been really messed up the past several weeks. I am 29
weeks along. I never know what the night has in store for me. Some
nights, I sleep great with only getting up a few times to pee. Other
nights, I'll toss and turn the cotton right off the sheets. I'll
then have to get up for warm milk to go back to sleep. Other nights,
it's the leg cramps. Left to right, right to left, etc. How well do
you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

Just like you describe. It is practice for a newborn :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old March 2nd 04, 08:36 AM
alissa

"ChitaShines" wrote in message
. com...
I've never had insomnia and am not claiming to now, but my sleep patterns
have been really messed up the past several weeks. I am 29 weeks along.

never know what the night has in store for me. Some nights, I sleep great
with only getting up a few times to pee. Other nights, I'll toss and turn
the cotton right off the sheets. I'll then have to get up for warm milk

right
to left, etc. How well do you 3rd tri ladies sleep?

same but mine is numb arms/hands....just getting us ready for what's to

come, personally I don't need the practice and would rather get more sleep.
Alissa

Old March 2nd 04, 03:40 PM
Jill

I really for you all! I am in the same boat. I thought maybe I had a special
problem but everyone sounds just like me! It must be universal.

My stomach is really big, and I can't even lay halfway on my stomach
anymore. I really only sleep well on my stomach and was worried about the
time that I'd have to start sleeping fully on my side. That has kind of
resolved....ANY sleep that I am able to get feels good to me so I keep
rolling around until I get comfortable (comfortable= no uncomfortable
pressure on my side or stomach, no limbs going numb, breathing ok, diaphragm
comfy etc), and then I manage to sleep a little. Heartburn isn't a major
nightly problem yet BUT I have had some bad cases of it!

I am just really most ucomfortable at the way I feel like I have a hard time
catching my breath, and how my stomach is so big it feels like it's is a
little sore around my ribs/diaphragm. I do keep my husband awake and when
*I* finally get settled , he is snoring. (he snores when he is very tired,
and he is very tired when he can't sleep well). He snores so bad. I am going
to kick him into the guest bed...he'll probably happily go there, because I
do keep him awake with my tossing all the time. I would go to the guest bed
but I am more comfrtable in the bigger, firmer bed. It didn't matter until
just recently, but now I am having a hard time getting comfrtable!

I can't WAIT to have a flat stomach again! I don't CARE what I look like,
it's 100% because it will feel SO good to sleep flat on my stomach again!!!!

Old March 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
Jill

I forgot to add all the ways I wake up 1000 times during the night!

To pee of course...sometimes only once or twice and sometimes it seems like
hourly!! Unfortunately a lot of times I get very thristy near bedtime for
water and drink several glasses right then, I can't help it...it is very
thirsty!!

My right hip and leg go numb with prickly icy hot sensations AND eventually
start to hurt really bad if I don't move!

My arms and hands tingle and go to sleep.

I wake up feeling like I can't breathe. I am probably snoring, but
definitely stuffy!

Sometimes I wake up with a rapid heartbeat.

Vivid dreams wake me up. Weird dreams.

My husband snores and also....our bed suddenly seems too SMALL, not enough
room for me, my stomach (which is an entity all on it's own now!!) my cat,
and my husband. I can't tell you how many times I am trying to roll over,
struggling with my stomach, and I elbow him in the face.

Sometimes just insomnia...I want to watch tv because I can't stand to just
lie there in the dark awake for hours.

And.....hot flashes! I get so hot at night.