Boy, this is going to seem like a strange concern.

Old August 13th 04, 05:08 PM
Christine

Default Boy, this is going to seem like a strange concern.

Chloe is being SO good...lol....
I mean, she's never really bad BUT she does cry through out the day,
here and there,
but yesterday and today, she is just so good,,,no crying and sleepy...I
THINK she is feeling ok because she is eating well and she is all
smiles, no temp...etc.
but its just odd, i'm wondering why she is being so calm and good?

She will cry ( but not too much ) and when she does its mostly just
little fussy sounds....

IF she DOES cry loud, then I feel that she is back to normal..but shes
not wailing too much?

and if I lay her down, she'll go right to sleep, it's just not like her?

I noticed that she discovered her fists and she is sticking both arms
straight out in front of her and making fists, and staring at her
fists...it like THAT has her occupied...

should I be concered about her =91=91wonderful=92=92 yet
=91=91different=92=92 behavior????

I hate to call the Dr. and say =91=91Chloe is being too good=92=92 when
they ask, what the problem is...

is this normal?

she is 12 weeks...

any thoughts...TIA

Chrissy & Chloe....

Old August 13th 04, 06:00 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Christine wrote:

I noticed that she discovered her fists and she is sticking both arms
straight out in front of her and making fists, and staring at her
fists...it like THAT has her occupied...

Sounds like you just have a sweet baby who can keep herself occupied
Don't worry, as she gets older she'll get bored more easily and you'll
hear about it.

Old August 14th 04, 07:22 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Christine
writes
Chloe is being SO good...lol....
I mean, she's never really bad BUT she does cry through out the day,
here and there,
but yesterday and today, she is just so good,,,no crying and sleepy...I
THINK she is feeling ok because she is eating well and she is all
smiles, no temp...etc.
but its just odd, i'm wondering why she is being so calm and good?

She will cry ( but not too much ) and when she does its mostly just
little fussy sounds....

IF she DOES cry loud, then I feel that she is back to normal..but shes
not wailing too much?

and if I lay her down, she'll go right to sleep, it's just not like her?

I noticed that she discovered her fists and she is sticking both arms
straight out in front of her and making fists, and staring at her
fists...it like THAT has her occupied...

should I be concered about her ‘‘wonderful’’ yet
‘‘different’’ behavior????

I hate to call the Dr. and say ‘‘Chloe is being too good’’ when
they ask, what the problem is...

is this normal?

she is 12 weeks...

any thoughts...TIA

If she's seeming happy, eating well, has no temperature and is showing
an interest in the world around her, then all my training and experience
(I'm a GP with a year's previous experience on a paediatric ward) tells
me that there's nothing to worry about here.

So why is she acting differently? My guess would be that she's moving
onto a new developmental stage. Newborns are often miserable and
insecure because there's such an enormous amount of new stuff for them
to cope with, all in one go (as my DH puts it: "Where did all this world
come from all of a sudden? Oh, dear! I'm _sure_ it wasn't there
before!"). So it's not surprising that newborns often cry and fuss a lot
and seem hard to calm.

I suspect that after 12 weeks of this, Chloe has sussed the fact that,
as big and incomprehensible as this whole world thingy is, nothing too
terrible is actually happening to her and her needs are all being met.
And she's now feeling confident enough about this that she can relax
more. Also, her physical abilities are now increasing to the point
where she can entertain herself for a short while (earlier, she probably
couldn't have held her hands out and admired them in the same way) and
hence she's a smidgen more self-reliant.

Anyway, those are my thoughts - hope they made sense. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley