The Ty Pennington Story

Old September 25th 06, 12:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Sumbuny

Default The Ty Pennington Story

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so many
who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it will
harm their careers...a shame, really.

--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
be normal."
~ Albert Camus

Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just get
on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and REFUSE to
take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality that fits some
imaginary standard.

Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
the druggies and alcoholics.

Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
about me as well?

--
Buny

If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
under some treatment, but wrong.

....and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal things as
seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print

Interesting that people automatically jump to the wrong conclusions on
limited information....a diagnosis given to clarify a problem, so that
interventions can be found...preferable the *Least Restrictive Environment*
(special ed keywords--but they can also apply medically--consider this
*Least Invasive*)....

You assUmed medication ......

If I told you I had ADHD, and that these non-medicinal environmental- and
behavioral-modification techniques were effective...what would you then say?

Old September 25th 06, 01:25 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

You may have things you want to change for some self defined reason. Fine.
Many people need calming habits. (exersices), usually people who have a
genetic need for activity or conscientious rest.

There are many supplements that can aid (change) our attitude. Just because
they are no prescription does not mean they are not medications OR bad OR
good.
If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly, under
some treatment, but wrong.

If you wear size 8 shoes, that's you, fine.
If you are very sensitive, fine.
If you have trouble concentrating, that could be good. BTW if you do, the
best I have seen work and ZERO side effects is GABA.
Getting bored quickly can, and usually does, mean lack of challenge for
higher intellect people.

ADHD is just a clumbsy word creted by psychologists and book writers to make
money.
What you (or anyone) would definitely need treatment for would be the notion
that you are like everyone else and are "normal".

Old September 25th 06, 02:45 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Sumbuny

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

LOL! I took Chinese kung fu/t'ai chi for three years and earned my first
blacks in that discipline...I was taught meditation through that
discipline--did not help me in the problems that my hyperactivity and my
impulsivity have caused....

Did you even *look* at the link I posted...or continue with your
close-minded assUmptions?

There are many supplements that can aid (change) our attitude.

What would it take to change yours?

Just because they are no prescription does not mean they are not
medications OR bad OR good.
If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly,
under some treatment, but wrong.

If I said my eye doctor told me that I needed glasses because my eyes did
not focus...would you besaying the same thing? "If you said it, you would be
wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly, under some treatment, but wrong."

What is needed is help to focus....just because *you* do not need it does
not mean that someone else doesn't...and be thankful for that...

If you wear size 8 shoes, that's you, fine.
If you are very sensitive, fine.
If you have trouble concentrating, that could be good. BTW if you do, the
best I have seen work and ZERO side effects is GABA.
Getting bored quickly can, and usually does, mean lack of challenge for
higher intellect people.

ADHD is just a clumbsy word creted by psychologists and book writers to
make money.

....and what about dysgraphia? I have seen much evidence of it in your
posts....

What you (or anyone) would definitely need treatment for would be the
notion that you are like everyone else and are "normal".

You definately do not "get" the concept of my signline at all....and you
probably do not "get" the concept of what people have gone through to "pass"
as something that is "acceptable" to others...whatever is needed to be
"accepted" by their peers...

It must be "so nice" to be accepted for who you are...while you are on your
high horse judging everyone else because you are "perfect"...be thankful
that you have nothing wrong with you and everyone accepts you for who you
are--you do not have to try to "pass as normal"...just to be accepted by
their peers....and not be made fun of, or sneered at...

Much like the reaction I have seen here--predictable to say the least...

Try reading some Camus...perhaps you might understand...

Old September 25th 06, 03:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

In article .com,
PeterB wrote:

JohnDoe wrote:

That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
you don't speak German.

I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?

Non-mathematicians like PeterB would be well advised to avoid
mentioning infinity. It just makes them sound dumb.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"George Bush is a gruesome boob." -- Bill Maher
Old September 25th 06, 03:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

In article GwGRg.1348$Rp3.943@dukeread12,
Sumbuny wrote:

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
om...

You may have things you want to change for some self defined reason.
Fine.
Many people need calming habits. (exersices), usually people who
have a genetic need for activity or conscientious rest.

LOL! I took Chinese kung fu/t'ai chi for three years and earned my first
blacks in that discipline...I was taught meditation through that
discipline--did not help me in the problems that my hyperactivity and my
impulsivity have caused....

Did you even *look* at the link I posted...or continue with your
close-minded assUmptions?

I assume your question is rhetorical, Buny. Vernon don't need no
steenkin' references. He already knows everything. Just ask him.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"George Bush is a gruesome boob." -- Bill Maher
Old September 25th 06, 06:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

Yawn. It was a good story. Period.

No, it was a anecdote.

According to you anecdotes are bull**** and prove nothing.

That's the point, idiot. Mark was not trying to prove anything. Anecdotes
held forth as proof are bull****. That doesn't mean that anecdotes cannot
be shared with the group.

Have you noticed, you follow my posts when I show Mark's being a hypocrite?
You have added yet another additon to YOUR meaning of anecdotes.

Keep on making a complete fool of yourself, Mark.

YOU are the fool here, Jan.

lol. YOU are a fool for posting SPAM and LIES under your name.

--

--Rich

Old September 25th 06, 06:23 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

Teachers have NO business to instruct children about ADHD.

Old September 25th 06, 06:24 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Rich

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

Yawn. It was a good story. Period.

No, it was a anecdote.

According to you anecdotes are bull**** and prove nothing.

That's the point, idiot. Mark was not trying to prove anything. Anecdotes
held forth as proof are bull****. That doesn't mean that anecdotes cannot
be shared with the group.

Have you noticed, you follow my posts when I show Mark's being a
hypocrite?
You have added yet another additon to YOUR meaning of anecdotes.

Mark and I did not invent the meaning of "anecdotes." An anecdote is an
anecdote. But there is a difference between an anecdote used to support
scientific claims and an anecdote merely used to share information of
interest. The fact that you cannot understand that difference, and keep
demonstrating your ignorance that there even is a difference is your own
misfortune and foolishness.

Keep on making a complete fool of yourself, Mark.

YOU are the fool here, Jan.

lol. YOU are a fool for posting SPAM and LIES under your name.

No spam. No lies. That's just another example of your stupid and stubborn
lack of understanding of the English language. You still need that remedial
English course, Jan.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 25th 06, 06:34 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Rich

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT ADHD.
(More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second, teachers
are very much in the business of instructing children about anything and
everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know more
about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students. Third,
YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 25th 06, 07:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

[...]

I did not say *invent*. Mark most definitely posted his remarks to a poster
who
was sharing a personal story. Then he changed it to fit his own of like
kind. He also
psoted personal experience does not count in this regard.. Mark is a proven
liar,
filthy mouthed, etc., etc. Accusing others of his own exact guilt.

Like YOU.

Keep on making a complete fool of yourself, Mark.

YOU are the fool here, Jan.

lol. YOU are a fool for posting SPAM and LIES under your name.

No spam. No lies. That's just another example of your stupid and stubborn
lack of understanding of the English language. You still need that
remedial English course, Jan.

LOL! You are such a liar. Using the same tactics as
Rosalind/akacathy/Stella.
--

--Rich

Review: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 18th 05 11:21 PM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 11:07 AM
MMR - SCIENCE AND FICTION": the Richard Horton story john Kids Health 1 October 11th 04 09:47 PM
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 01:02 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM