which is worse: scratches or mittens?

Old August 10th 07, 11:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected][_2_]

Default which is worse: scratches or mittens?

i trim and file our 3mth old nails regularly but she still manages to
scratch at night. recently she had some really bad scratches near her
tear duct. i am worried she could damage her eyes

the alternative is to put the mittens on again but i am worried these
do harm to her hands.they are always humid , damp & stinky from being
in her mouth.

which do you think is the worse evil, the scratches or the mittens? thx

Old August 11th 07, 12:09 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 6:17 pm, "
wrote:
i trim and file our 3mth old nails regularly but she still manages to
scratch at night. recently she had some really bad scratches near her
tear duct. i am worried she could damage her eyes

the alternative is to put the mittens on again but i am worried these
do harm to her hands.they are always humid , damp & stinky from being
in her mouth.

which do you think is the worse evil, the scratches or the mittens? thx

As a mother of 3 boys (between 2 and 6) I can relate 100% to your
worry. All 3 of my boys sctartched thier faces at night and during
the day when they were infants. You can the baby nail files to take
the sharpness from her nails, thats all I ever did. If it makes you
feel better to use mittens at night but don't like them to be wet from
her mouth, you can put them on her after she is asleep. If she still
wakes up for a midnight feeding, have an extra pair to put on her
after she ets and goes back to sleep.

Good luck

Old August 11th 07, 06:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chris

On Aug 10, 6:17?pm, "
wrote:
i trim and file our 3mth old nails regularly but she still manages to
scratch at night. recently she had some really bad scratches near her
tear duct. i am worried she could damage her eyes

the alternative is to put the mittens on again but i am worried these
do harm to her hands.they are always humid , damp & stinky from being
in her mouth.

which do you think is the worse evil, the scratches or the mittens? thx

She scratches at night....hmmmm. 3 months old......mine usually
stopped scratching by then, and the mittens never stayed on anyway. I
would just have multiple pair to change frequently and wash or make my
own to sew on the jammies and then flip forward during the night like
those newborn infant gowns have built-in - you could flip 'em back
during the waking periods. My last baby could scratch no matter what I
did because his nails just grew so far up to the fingertips. They
would break on their own and they peeled off easily when ready to
peel, but mostly I would just clip as often as possible as he lay
sleeping in my lap before I put him down.

which is worse: scratches or mittens [email protected][_2_] Pregnancy 2 August 11th 07 05:35 AM
mittens,nature & trimming of baby nails [email protected] Breastfeeding 9 June 8th 07 03:10 PM
Footie with fold-over mittens Elana Pregnancy 10 March 22nd 07 07:33 PM
getting worse Anne Rogers Pregnancy 5 June 5th 05 04:56 AM
cat scratches blacksalt General 32 August 2nd 03 11:56 PM