waldorf doll pattern anyone?

Old February 21st 04, 10:52 PM
teapot

Default waldorf doll pattern anyone?

Ahh, it started so innocently, Moo boy started to play with a doll at
a freinds house and I realised we didnt have a doll for him, I should
look out for a nice one, maybe I should make one....its all escalated
and now I have decided I need to make him a waldorf doll. Trouble is
I can't find a pattern and I don't want to spend money on the book.
Has anyone seen a pattern free onthe net anywhere, or dows anyone know
how the heads are made?

TIA

teapot
Old February 21st 04, 11:23 PM
Belphoebe

teapot wrote:
Ahh, it started so innocently, Moo boy started to play with a doll at
a freinds house and I realised we didnt have a doll for him, I should
look out for a nice one, maybe I should make one....its all escalated
and now I have decided I need to make him a waldorf doll. Trouble is
I can't find a pattern and I don't want to spend money on the book.
Has anyone seen a pattern free onthe net anywhere, or dows anyone know
how the heads are made?

You piqued my curiosity, as I'd never heard of a waldorf doll. I did a web
search and found a page on making them. Hope this helps!

http://www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com/bunting.htm
--
Belphoebe

Old February 21st 04, 11:24 PM
Chotii

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Ahh, it started so innocently, Moo boy started to play with a doll at
a freinds house and I realised we didnt have a doll for him, I should
look out for a nice one, maybe I should make one....its all escalated
and now I have decided I need to make him a waldorf doll. Trouble is
I can't find a pattern and I don't want to spend money on the book.
Has anyone seen a pattern free onthe net anywhere, or dows anyone know
how the heads are made?

Hm. I have, or had...probably had...a Waldorf doll. The head was actually
stuffed so hard that it was nearly weaponlike, which is why I think the word
is "had". Anyway, the girls didn't like it. The face was embroidered on and
exceedingly simplistic, just two eyes and a dot for a nose and a simple
mouth.

--angela

Old February 22nd 04, 04:08 AM
Jan Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Ahh, it started so innocently, Moo boy started to play with a doll at
a freinds house and I realised we didnt have a doll for him, I should
look out for a nice one, maybe I should make one....its all escalated
and now I have decided I need to make him a waldorf doll. Trouble is
I can't find a pattern and I don't want to spend money on the book.
Has anyone seen a pattern free onthe net anywhere, or dows anyone know
how the heads are made?

Someone on the Mothering.com forums just posted a pattern -- the site is
down right now, or I'd link to it for you. But if you go to their discussion
area, find the Crafts forum, and look at the subforum (something about craft
projects), there are directions for sewing a Waldorf doll.

For the heads, if I recall correctly, you basically sew a longish tube, tie
off one end, turn it right-side-out, stuff the head and neck, tie off the
neck, then tie a string around the head about halfway down. Then you cover
that with another fabric tube -- if it's the right tightness, the eyeline
(where you tied the string) is indented, giving it that characteristic
shape. The body was just sort of a vague body outline, all one piece,
stuffed.

Once Mothering is back up, I'll find the exact link, and see if I can modify
the directions with clearer instructions to add to my Baby Crafts page.

Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Sophia, 2 October 2003

Old February 22nd 04, 01:26 PM
Mary Gordon

Both of these sites have patterns for sale.

http://www.joyswaldorfdolls.com/
http://www.weirdolls.com/sewndoll/dollkit.html

Mary
Old February 22nd 04, 05:39 PM
Jan Andrea

Here's a link for the pattern on Mothering:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hreadid=114070

Probably will have to copy and paste it in two sections. I'll work on
putting instructions on my site this afternoon.

Jan

Old February 22nd 04, 06:37 PM
Jan Andrea

And here's the original pattern on sleepingbean's (note: not sleepingbaby's)
site:

http://www.sleepingbean.com/page.asp?ContentID=3

Jan

Old February 24th 04, 07:45 AM
iphigenia

Jan Andrea wrote:
And here's the original pattern on sleepingbean's (note: not
sleepingbaby's) site:

By the way, Jan, thanks muchly for posting this! I've been thinking about a
doll for Gabe for ages, but I hate the ones in stores. Definitely need to
make a couple more before I'll consider myself skilled at this, but here's
the head of one I just made:
http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/gabriel/022304head.jpg

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 24th 04, 01:40 PM
teapot

"iphigenia" wrote in message ...
Jan Andrea wrote:
And here's the original pattern on sleepingbean's (note: not
sleepingbaby's) site:

By the way, Jan, thanks muchly for posting this! I've been thinking about a
doll for Gabe for ages, but I hate the ones in stores. Definitely need to
make a couple more before I'll consider myself skilled at this, but here's
the head of one I just made:
http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/gabriel/022304head.jpg

cute, cute, cute!
Choti - i went to the waldorf nursery yesterday to have a look at the
dolls and they dont have hard heads, maybe it depends how tight you
make them
teapot
Old February 24th 04, 04:45 PM
New York Jen

"iphigenia" wrote in message
Jan Andrea wrote:
And here's the original pattern on sleepingbean's (note: not
sleepingbaby's) site:

By the way, Jan, thanks muchly for posting this! I've been thinking about

doll for Gabe for ages, but I hate the ones in stores. Definitely need to
make a couple more before I'll consider myself skilled at this, but here's
the head of one I just made:
http://home.comcast.net/~tsu/gabriel/022304head.jpg

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net
"i have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
i do not think that they will sing to me."

Tristyn, that is SO cute! How did you do the nose???

OT - Doll House experiences and questions (xpost) Cathy Weeks Pregnancy 24 January 30th 04 11:26 PM
Pattern for child-size sling? CY Breastfeeding 6 January 29th 04 09:55 PM
Dora knit pattern toypup General 0 October 7th 03 07:27 AM
need nursing dress pattern to be in wedding Dagny Breastfeeding 6 August 14th 03 08:13 AM
Doll for 2 year old almost big sister GoofeeGyrl General 6 July 22nd 03 11:15 PM