CTTS: 1st day at preschool

Old February 24th 05, 10:30 PM
toypup

Default CTTS: 1st day at preschool

I came to pick DS up and he was surprised to see me. He said, "You come
back, Mommy? Mommy, you come back?" He couldn't believe I came back to
pick him up.

(I did tell him I was coming back. He must have not heard that part.)

Old February 24th 05, 10:58 PM
eggs

In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

I came to pick DS up and he was surprised to see me. He said, "You come
back, Mommy? Mommy, you come back?" He couldn't believe I came back to
pick him up.

(I did tell him I was coming back. He must have not heard that part.)

But did he want to go home with you? DS doesn't want to leave at 3pm -
he wants *me* to sit down, have some juice and stay there with him.

eggs.
Old February 24th 05, 11:06 PM
toypup

"eggs" wrote in message
In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

I came to pick DS up and he was surprised to see me. He said, "You come
back, Mommy? Mommy, you come back?" He couldn't believe I came back to
pick him up.

(I did tell him I was coming back. He must have not heard that part.)

But did he want to go home with you? DS doesn't want to leave at 3pm -
he wants *me* to sit down, have some juice and stay there with him.

He came home, but it wasn't his idea to leave. I've had him tell me goodbye
the moment I walked through the door at dcp because he thought he could make
me leave that way.

Old February 24th 05, 11:13 PM
eggs

In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

"eggs" wrote in message
In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

I came to pick DS up and he was surprised to see me. He said, "You come
back, Mommy? Mommy, you come back?" He couldn't believe I came back to
pick him up.

(I did tell him I was coming back. He must have not heard that part.)

But did he want to go home with you? DS doesn't want to leave at 3pm -
he wants *me* to sit down, have some juice and stay there with him.

He came home, but it wasn't his idea to leave. I've had him tell me goodbye
the moment I walked through the door at dcp because he thought he could make
me leave that way.

It's bitter-sweet isn't it? On the one hand, you get to feel so proud
that all of the loving and hugging and encouraging have payed off -
behold the confident little adventurer! On the other hand, it's real
blow to the heart when they give you the "buh bye" brushoff!

eggs.
Old February 25th 05, 06:18 AM
tired_mom

How old are your kids.
My son is 2 and still is sad when we leave him in daycare (actually sad
from the time we put him in car seat) and sooo thrilled when he sees me
in the evening.
The daycare has a webcam and I watch him at work and he seems ok there.
(not hyper like he is at home, but not crying either)
But I wish for the day when he is looking forward to the day, so we can
be too.

Old February 25th 05, 06:25 AM
toypup

"tired_mom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How old are your kids.
My son is 2 and still is sad when we leave him in daycare (actually sad
from the time we put him in car seat) and sooo thrilled when he sees me
in the evening.
The daycare has a webcam and I watch him at work and he seems ok there.
(not hyper like he is at home, but not crying either)
But I wish for the day when he is looking forward to the day, so we can
be too.

DS is 3 1/2. DD is 1 yo. They have been going to daycare since 3 mo. DS
just started preschool.

Old February 25th 05, 10:36 AM
eggs

In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

"tired_mom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How old are your kids.
My son is 2 and still is sad when we leave him in daycare (actually sad
from the time we put him in car seat) and sooo thrilled when he sees me
in the evening.
The daycare has a webcam and I watch him at work and he seems ok there.
(not hyper like he is at home, but not crying either)
But I wish for the day when he is looking forward to the day, so we can
be too.

DS is 3 1/2. DD is 1 yo. They have been going to daycare since 3 mo. DS
just started preschool.

My DS is closer to also 3 1/2. He just started daycare 2 days a week,
9-3 (no preschool places near us).

eggs.
Old February 25th 05, 03:37 PM
Nikki

tired_mom wrote:
How old are your kids.
My son is 2 and still is sad when we leave him in daycare (actually
sad from the time we put him in car seat)

My kids were sad until they were about 3yo. After that they were OK but not
looking forward to it. Hunter looked forward to preschool when he was 4yo.
They have always been happy to come home. Never once have they asked to
stay longer. They are 3 and 5 now :-)

--
Nikki

Old February 26th 05, 03:08 AM

Nikki wrote:
tired_mom wrote:
How old are your kids.
My son is 2 and still is sad when we leave him in daycare (actually
sad from the time we put him in car seat)

My kids were sad until they were about 3yo. After that they were OK

but not
looking forward to it. Hunter looked forward to preschool when he

was 4yo.
They have always been happy to come home. Never once have they asked

stay longer. They are 3 and 5 now :-)

--
Nikki

Mine were fine with coming home when everyone was leaving. Before
that...well. Not so easy.

My 4-y-o talked me into full-day care from half-day care. Apparently it
wasn't fair to have to leave before everyoone else. And 4 years old
*was* old enough, look at the other kids. And could we try it for one
day at least?

I got talked into it. This same kid was quite disappointed when
kindergarten turned out to be fewer hours than pre-school...but the
teacher was a great hit and that made everything OK.

Rupa