iraq twins again

Old January 31st 06, 05:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default iraq twins again

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/060....9yd5tyzy.html

found this link, still saying boy girl, I am curious to know the science of
this!

Anne

Old January 31st 06, 06:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/060....9yd5tyzy.html

found this link, still saying boy girl, I am curious to know the science
of this!

Anne

Yes, I've seen several references to it, including photos and names. They're
obviously trying to get external help. Good luck to them.
Debbie

Old January 31st 06, 06:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/060....9yd5tyzy.html

found this link, still saying boy girl, I am curious to know the science
of this!

Anne

Another thought... if they've only got one bottom, it's not going to be easy
to see is it?
Debbie

Old January 31st 06, 06:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...014465,00.html

also found this link

Anne

Old January 31st 06, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Another thought... if they've only got one bottom, it's not going to be
easy to see is it?

they have 2 pairs of legs (though only one is functional), so I think the
join must be higher up.

They don't seem to be getting much news coverage, I do hope they get some
help.

Anne

Old January 31st 06, 06:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Another thought... if they've only got one bottom, it's not going to be
easy to see is it?

they have 2 pairs of legs (though only one is functional), so I think the
join must be higher up.

Good point. I was wondering because the mother had said that she wanted one
boy and one girl, so maybe they sort of gave her the choice.

They don't seem to be getting much news coverage, I do hope they get some
help.

BBC's been doing a bit. UK's not too bad on taking up. When I go to #2's
limb clinic, maybe I'll see whether they have come across them. (I'm there
on Friday as #2's arm's gone wrong!) It's the limb centre that the pair of
Iraqi boys are at, so they may well have some knowledge from interest if
nothing else.
Debbie

Old January 31st 06, 07:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/060....9yd5tyzy.html

found this link, still saying boy girl, I am curious to know the science
of this!

Anne

wracking my brain to remember grad school....

IIRC there are two theories to explain conjoined twins. One is the
"fission" theory that involves an incomplete separation of identical twins.
The other is a "fusion" theory that the twins basically fuse together during
development. The "fusion" theory is the easiest explanation for conjoined
twins of different genders, but I can think of more complicated theories.
For example, if the original zygote was XXY, when it divides to form the
twins it might self correct and drop the Y chromosome in one twin (leaving a
regular XX female) and stay in the other twin (leaving an XXY male). Or,
both twins could be XY, but one twin develop a defect in the androgen
receptor gene that caused androgen insensitivity syndrome so the twin is
phenotypically female but genetically male.
Anyway, it is theoretically possible although really unlikely.

Amy

Old January 31st 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

This one has them both as girls.

any ideas? iraq siamese twins Anne Rogers Pregnancy 8 January 28th 06 12:34 AM
B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 08:15 PM
No connection, eh? BULLSHIT! Lord Valve General 7 July 28th 03 03:19 PM