Hellp us

Old July 15th 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Kenny

Default Hellp us

Hi all, hope someone can advise. My daughter has her periods which have
now become quite heavy. i have tried my best to recommend sanitry
towels based on others advice and this seemed quite satisfactory until
now. Her periods have now become heavier and frequently soaking through
to her outerwear, I do not want her to becom self conscious or un
comfortable so was wondering if anyone could advise. at the moment she
is using always ultra normal with wings. Am a bit unsure about advising
tampons but don't really know if this would be best. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

Old July 16th 06, 05:15 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"miri" wrote in message
ups.com...

'Kate wrote:
On 15 Jul 2006 12:48:29 -0700, "Kenny" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Hi all, hope someone can advise. My daughter has her periods which have
now become quite heavy. i have tried my best to recommend sanitry
towels based on others advice and this seemed quite satisfactory until
now. Her periods have now become heavier and frequently soaking through
to her outerwear, I do not want her to becom self conscious or un
comfortable so was wondering if anyone could advise. at the moment she
is using always ultra normal with wings. Am a bit unsure about advising
tampons but don't really know if this would be best. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

Troll

I usually find the absorbancy of two tons of toilet tissues from
'Tittertons
of Texas' - will do the trick

I think in this above case from the OP, diapers would work the best.

Old July 23rd 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
LILMAMA

Kenny wrote:
Hi all, hope someone can advise. My daughter has her periods which have
now become quite heavy. i have tried my best to recommend sanitry
towels based on others advice and this seemed quite satisfactory until
now. Her periods have now become heavier and frequently soaking through
to her outerwear, I do not want her to becom self conscious or un
comfortable so was wondering if anyone could advise. at the moment she
is using always ultra normal with wings. Am a bit unsure about advising
tampons but don't really know if this would be best. Any advice greatly
appreciated.

My best advice would be to take her to the doctor. This is a problem
that occurs w/ all the girls in my family and all of us were put on
birth control which helped immensely. The doctor will not do an
internal exam as long as she is not sexually active. And putting her on
birth control will not increase the odds of her becoming so, as long as
you communicate on such issues. It sounds like you do! Also it will
help regulate her periods, help w/ cramping, and heaviness. She should
also take Advil for 2 days before and after which decreases blood flow
and will help w/ pain. If that isn't strong enough a doctor can also
prescribe Anaprox.

Sometimes a heavy period can be a sign of other female issues so it's
always better to have her be monitored by a doctor.

My freind and HELLP JennP Pregnancy 4 March 20th 05 05:29 AM
Low Blood Platelet Count Shelley Pregnancy 10 February 16th 05 06:57 PM
CRP blood tests Kazh Pregnancy 11 February 4th 05 04:04 AM
Birth plans, c-section, premature birth etc. Donna Metler Pregnancy 5 July 29th 04 06:47 PM
Conflicting advice/ideas Fer Pregnancy 8 May 15th 04 02:15 AM