SLAGS!- oops sorry it slipped out

Old July 8th 06, 11:34 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

Default SLAGS!- oops sorry it slipped out

Sorry I just had to say it!, what I really
ment to say was that I live in a small isolated
community - and that there is only one bar for a
few miles - its my bar, I only have one evening off
a fortnight or so and I have to go in there, alone.

To give a run down. There are about 20 houses in
my road then nothing, sheep, rolling hills, cows
etc, countryside (great for kids). Out of those
20 or so houses there are only 3 children under
10 years. The occupants are people who are either
single or childless. (how the hell does anyone
expect their kids to re-populate here?)

Anyway, I have a problem, you know I suffered
post-natal depression? well B who doesnt live in
the area anymore uses that bar regularly, his mates
go there, he weaves stories etc. I go there and
theres a nasty atmosphere you know? - its not that
bad, its just discrimination and lack of contact
and alternative weave and gossip. Any how that
is NOT the problem, enough people know me to know
that they're welcome, we can talk, theres no hassel,
and we're neighbours first (neighbours do help
one another out round here)

I'm just ****ed, you know, I go in there and there
are a couple of women who live in the neighborhood
who skrew every guy they can - I can't meet any one
new, one or the other has serviced them at some point.
If they're not chatting them up (like its a points
game or something?) they're letching over some other
womans man (a strict no-no for me). They havnt got
children, they're just celebrating their sexual
liberation - its a pain, I get so tired, I'm working
so darned hard theres hardly any time to get myself
femmed up. I've got to fight for the right to open my
legs to reproduce ! I'm not talking fornication here,
I'm talking about natural human reproduction, and
I can't believe it !

B will do all he can to push me into the background,
after all its in his interest to put any other guy
off me isnt it? it means I stay home and care for
the children without the risk of another man
interfering with the care of his offspring.

He has all the rights of a married man, and no
responsibilities - its making me sick.

signed,

miserable.

Old July 10th 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

'Kate wrote:
On 8 Jul 2006 15:34:16 -0700, "miri" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

They all suck. End of story. :-)

You work hard, and you sure as hell deserve a night off on occasion.
His problem is that he can't let go.

You may have to move to find someone suitable. Your town's infested with
skank.

He! he!, they're fine, but no one wants to have kids, I don't know
if its the cost of housing, the uk property market has boomed,
the taxes are quite high, but the tax allowances are great when
you do begin a family, my home was reasonable when we bought
it and when money does come in there are all sorts of things you
can claim back for. When we first moved here there were people
who'd lived and worked here years, they had grown up kids and
everyone was so open and chatty, when my lad was born the
house was full of flowers and cards ! they were so neighbourly.
Gradually some folk died one or two moved out, but instead of
people moving in and staying on, some houses have been sold
on 3 or 4 times, within 10 years.

Its just bizarre, it first came to mind a couple of months back
when I went to the local Drs for a repeat prescription. it was a
Friday and I said I could collect the next morning,
"Is it urgent?" said the secretary
"what do you call urgent?" I asked,
"well, contraception for example"
I mean to say, medicine is a serious business, you
have to get your priorities right,
its a darned good job I didnt need any heart pills!

I kinda wish I lived in a city somewhere now, I remember
as a student single mums used to hang around together,
knocked on each others doors, handed stuff along & share
cared. I never thought I'd be in a situation where I felt
uncomfortable with children because other people had made
a decision not to have there own. I remember apologising
to a snooty couple in a cafe for my 6 month old crying to be
fed, I wised up the moment an ol' mom lent over and cooed
at the babe, she was so sweet, she offered to hold my baby
while I got everything sorted. Huh,

Kate, the British are acting very oddly at the moment,
( well what's new!! ) it can't be like this in every other part of
the world surely?

luv,

Miri

Old July 10th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 9 Jul 2006 19:09:30 -0700, "miri" the

'Kate wrote:
[...]

I was just talking about that very thing with the last neighbor that I
have had the whole time I've lived in this house... 23, 24 years.

Its just bizarre, it first came to mind a couple of months back
when I went to the local Drs for a repeat prescription. it was a
Friday and I said I could collect the next morning,
"Is it urgent?" said the secretary
"what do you call urgent?" I asked,
"well, contraception for example"
I mean to say, medicine is a serious business, you
have to get your priorities right,
its a darned good job I didnt need any heart pills!

Wow. Yeah. That's just outright weird.

I kinda wish I lived in a city somewhere now, I remember
as a student single mums used to hang around together,
knocked on each others doors, handed stuff along & share
cared. I never thought I'd be in a situation where I felt
uncomfortable with children because other people had made
a decision not to have there own. I remember apologising
to a snooty couple in a cafe for my 6 month old crying to be
fed, I wised up the moment an ol' mom lent over and cooed
at the babe, she was so sweet, she offered to hold my baby
while I got everything sorted. Huh,

Kate, the British are acting very oddly at the moment,
( well what's new!! ) it can't be like this in every other part of
the world surely?

luv,

Miri

There's a nice lecture online on the "motherhood movement".... it
requires real player and a fairly fast connection speed:
http://www.motherhoodproject.org/?cat=53

I have had the feeling that my years as a mother are something that I
have to apologise for... as if I haven't "worked". Our product is our
children. When they misbehave in public, and other people glare, it can
feel like criticism. Honestly, screw them. Imagine if everyone's work
was critiqued to the same degree. Children's behavior, just like human
behavior, cannot be predicted with any degree of certainty. People who
think that there's any such thing as 24/7 control of children have never
raised children. If we expected the same from other professions, like
law enforcement, then there would be no crime. Or of the medical
profession - there would be no cancer, mental or physical illness of any
sort. No one would ever make a mistake or misjudge a situation. We have
nothing to apologise for. They should be apologising to us for making
this a child-unfriendly society and being intolerant of the needs of the
people who are our future.

'Kate

You are SO right, people really should be making more effort
for the tiny generation, I bought new books in my local library
sale, the first 1/4 of the one on human rights is dedicated to
childrens rights, (the others are on censorship and one on self-
esteem) important issues that I didnt think about in detail
before.

Thank-you for the link, there are courses at the city University
and theres excellent after school care, I wasnt too keen on the
idea of feminism because of what I experienced as the
masculinisation of womens roles (as opposed to the ajustment
of employment and related issues in response to the needs
of women in employment and some equal rights, where women
have to work to support their family) Your links have
opened my eyes, I'll check out the part-time courses for this
September. Feminism is two strata it seems to me, and
somehow I got stranded on one side of it. I think the courses
are modular under social sciences, although I think one lecturer
there also taught media as part of our course.

I have to go now the kids are wrecking the sofa building a den
for the pets - enjoyable to watch, but I've got to assert myself
before something gets broken ! - then again, perhaps I should
join in!

Luv

Miri

oops scared the doctor april & joanna Pregnancy 6 June 2nd 06 02:09 PM
oops, fell over Anne Rogers Pregnancy 7 April 15th 05 07:42 PM
oops...sorry : was update Bev Single Parents 0 March 6th 05 11:03 PM
Early contractions. Oops. Kelly Pregnancy 3 October 21st 04 06:17 AM
slipped disc coon Kids Health 0 January 28th 04 10:43 AM