Alright, should I be concerned? lol

Old July 24th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Alright, should I be concerned? lol

Well, I can't remember if I posted about this a while back, but going
through random papers all over the house, I found some of B's work he
brought home from kindergarden this past year. A lot of his pictures and
work I gave him the option to put up in his room and save, some I tossed and
a few others I kept.
One I kept and *HAD* to keep was a picture he drew. It had just some people
on it and all that, nothing special, but what was written on it was what
made me wonder, laugh and keep...

It said, in the teacher's writing, "I GO TO THE ALIENS." - I actually called
the teacher after it came home and asked about it, out of curiosity. She
said, basically, "Oh, yes! The activity was to draw a picture of a place
you like to go with the people you like to go with." She then laughed after
I questioned, and she said most of the children drew pictures of them and
their families and friends. I asked about the words on it, as it was her
writing, and she said that she sat down with each child and asked them,
"Where do you like to go in your picture?" and she wrote down, "I go to" and
then the child was to reply with where they were going. She said most
children said something like: I go to the store. I go to the park. I go to
the swimming pool. I go to, etc., and, of course, mine replied with, "The
aliens" so she put that down for him. She found it strange, as I guess at
that age, children go to parks and playgrounds, yet mine goes to aliens.

Odd? I think I blame my own dad for this! Him and his conspiracies. DS
now isn't interested in the kids' shows on TV, he insists on watching
Discovery Channel... Mythbusters is one of his favorite shows. Every time
it's on, he *has* to call grandpa to tell him Mythbusters is on. I was
watching Discovery Channel a bit late last night, just before I went to bed,
and there was a program on aliens and conspiracy theories - one guy who said
that aliens built the pyramids, aliens left the people in the times the
pyramids were built some alien technology and all these typical alien
conspiracies about the pyramids, as well as the lines in Peru.
I'm not quite sure, but I recall my dad says, basically, why should we be
the only things out there in such vast space, and there are probably aliens.
I don't believe he thinks aliens come over here to visit, abduct or offer
'alien technologies' or things like that, but then again, each to their own
as far as stuff like that goes. My dad is a real conspiracy guy... He
didn't know what a bank card was until maybe 5 years ago. Always cash, and
IN to see the teller for that cash. Didn't know you could use a debit card
at a debit machine, and then even as far as banks and such goes, he limits
his use, carries mega amounts of cash on hand if he needs to, and believes
that banks, and even credit and debit cards, are a way for the gov't to
track down each person. He normally gets like this, though, ONLY if someone
brings up the topic or a discussion leads to that subject, which often gets
to be a heated debate with my dad (as most subjects do! lol)

So, anyways, I guess I have a 5 year old that, "Goes to the aliens" - anyone
else find theirs did something as questionable or seemingly odd?? I just
found it kind of funny. I did bring it to my parents' place and told my dad
that I blamed him for B's alien encounters and playdates My dad just
laughed!

Old July 25th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

heh... that's funny.

But yes, aliens built the pyramids, and credit cards are part of a vast
conspiracy to keep track of everyone. And the world is run by the
Reptillians, or the Orions, or whatever.

I wouldn't worry until your 5 year old starts going into trances and wearing
tinfoil on his head. Just be glad he doesn't go to Teletubby land. My
autistic son (he's 8) still loves them, and occasionally insists on me doing
the Tubby dance with him. Now *that's* something to be concerned about.

Old July 25th 06, 02:38 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Mike" wrote in message
ink.net...
heh... that's funny.

But yes, aliens built the pyramids, and credit cards are part of a vast
conspiracy to keep track of everyone. And the world is run by the
Reptillians, or the Orions, or whatever.

I wouldn't worry until your 5 year old starts going into trances and
wearing tinfoil on his head. Just be glad he doesn't go to Teletubby
land. My autistic son (he's 8) still loves them, and occasionally insists
on me doing the Tubby dance with him. Now *that's* something to be
concerned about.

Teletubbies is still better than Barney

sigh

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

They told The Courier-Mail they were concerned that children remain on the Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 April 12th 06 12:22 AM
Concerned father - teen in trouble [email protected] Solutions 58 November 25th 05 10:20 PM
Cops concerned over foster care funding wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 April 7th 05 04:32 PM
concerned about growth Erin General 29 January 30th 04 02:03 AM
Getting more concerned... newfy Pregnancy 7 August 27th 03 10:57 PM