Americans Surprised, Concerned that 90% of Flu Shots Contain Mercury

Old November 24th 06, 10:36 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
mrhubguy

Default Americans Surprised, Concerned that 90% of Flu Shots Contain Mercury

looking for a doc?

http://www.newyorkmedico.com

Old November 26th 06, 09:36 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Alexander Vasserman DDS

Why in the world anyone would get a flu shot????? that's like throwing
darts at a bullseye blindfolded. You can not predict which strain of
virus you are going to get in a poll of millions of strains. The flu
shot attacks maybe 1 or 2 strains, you have better odds at winning the
lottery. And the side effect is you are messing with your immune system
by introducing ambigious antigens and increasing your risks for
autoimmune diseases and system not functioning properly when you need
it.
If you are dealing in a profession with a specific strain of virus then
getting vaccinated makes sense. But the common cold is not one strain
that virus mutates so fast that you can not match the flu shot to the
virus and be assured of getting infected. Just simple things like
taking vitamin C as soon as you feel something coming on avoiding
crowded areas during flu season, washing hands will prevent you from
getting the flu.

Old November 27th 06, 02:37 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jeff

"Alexander Vasserman DDS" wrote in message
oups.com...

Why in the world anyone would get a flu shot????? that's like throwing
darts at a bullseye blindfolded. You can not predict which strain of
virus you are going to get in a poll of millions of strains.

Actually, the flu shot has been right on the vast majority of the time. The
flu strains that are going to hit the US in the winter and spring are
usually the same strains that are hitting the southern hemisphere the during
the previous summer and spring. So by looking at the strains that are
hitting other parts of the globe before the season starts, one can usually
get a good idea of which strains are going to hit the US.

The flu
shot attacks maybe 1 or 2 strains, you have better odds at winning the
lottery.

Actually, the flu shots have 3 strains. However, there is cross reactivity
between different flu strains, meaning that if you get a related, but not
identical, strain in the flu vaccine, usually there is protection. And,
almost always, there is some protection. In fact, in the last ten or so
years, the CDC only missed one year when there wasn't an excellent match
between the vaccine and the flu strains going around.

And the side effect is you are messing with your immune system
by introducing ambigious antigens and increasing your risks for
autoimmune diseases and system not functioning properly when you need
it.

We are always messing with our immune system. Did you ever notice that
various body fluids have rather nasty odors? Usually, the odors are from
bacteria. Bacteria are all around us. They are in our guts, on our skin, in
our nasal and oral passages. Viruses attack us all the time.

The only difference is that instead of having say 1000 different strains the
body has to respond to, there are maybe 1003 on the day you get the shot.
Big deal.

More importantly, when the real virus strikes, the body is prepared because
it has the anitbody ready to go.

If you are dealing in a profession with a specific strain of virus then
getting vaccinated makes sense. But the common cold is not one strain
that virus mutates so fast that you can not match the flu shot to the
virus and be assured of getting infected.

Fortunatley, we are protecting against the flu, not the cold. There are
usually a very small number of flu strains going around in a given year, and
based on data and experience, the CDC is excellent at getting the right flu
strains in the vaccines.

Just simple things like
taking vitamin C as soon as you feel something coming on avoiding
crowded areas during flu season, washing hands will prevent you from
getting the flu.

Incorrect. The measures above will decrease the likelihood one will get the
flu. It is nearly impossible to totally prevent getting the flu.

Can you provide evidence that vitamin C prevents the flu once symptoms
start? There are, however, other drugs which can help. Talk with your
doctor.

Jeff

Old November 27th 06, 02:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
David Wright

In article .com,
[...]

Wow. What mail-order school gave this guy a DDS?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If George Bush were my dad, I'd be drunk in public so often that
James Baker would have me killed." -- Bill Maher on the Bush twins

Old November 27th 06, 04:58 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

It is noted you said nothing about mercury, or the two studies.
Pregnant women, newborns, and infants.

Old November 27th 06, 05:00 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jan Drew

"David Wright" wrote in message
. com...

Wrote nothing but an insult.

In article .com,

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old November 27th 06, 09:00 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

It is noted you said nothing about mercury, or the two studies.

I assume you mean the two studies published in JAMA in April 2006
which indicated how safe dental amalgam is. Thanks for reminding us
again of research showing amalgams to be safe.

Pregnant women, newborns, and infants.

Que? Lions and tigers and bears, Oh my.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old November 27th 06, 12:16 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jeff

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

That's because I was responding to Dr. Vasserman's comments, which were not
about mercury. I don't know which two studies you are talking about. The flu
vaccine is recommended for pregnant women and kids over a certain age (I
think 1 year). Not for newborns, IIRC.

Jeff

Old November 27th 06, 09:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jan Drew

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
"Jan Drew" wrote:

It is noted you said nothing about mercury, or the two studies.

I assume you mean the two studies published in JAMA in April 2006
which indicated how safe dental amalgam is. Thanks for reminding us
again of research showing amalgams to be safe.

You assume wrong. Keyword *Indictacted*.

This thread is not about amalgams.
But you knew that already harasser.

http://www.cfah.org/hbns/getDocument...ocumentID=1211

http://www.medicalconsumers.org/page...heElderly.html

http://www.vaclib.org/basic/fluindex.htm#effective

Old November 27th 06, 09:22 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines,sci.med
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Of course this is *organized medicine* with their lies.