DC mayor wants DC police to take over security at HS.

Old February 5th 04, 03:47 PM
Fern5827

Default DC mayor wants DC police to take over security at HS.

Keep in mind that many predominantly black schools have had metal
detectors and rent-a-cops for years, and now the DC mayor wants
regular police officers.

BroJack
____________
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Feb4.html
Williams Wants Police in Schools
Mayor Working On New Security Plan
By Craig Timberg
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 5, 2004; Page A01

Mayor Anthony A. Williams will announce plans tonight to have D.C.
police take over security at the city's public high schools, starting
with an increased presence at the Southeast Washington school where a
student was fatally shot Monday, administration officials said.

The proposal was still in skeletal form yesterday, with no concrete
estimates on cost, deployment or the number of officers involved, said
officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

[snip]

How many folks remember HS with armed police patroling? Not rent-a cops, or
security officers, but high paid regular LEO?

What are we coming to with the disempowerment of families?

Old February 6th 04, 09:52 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

How many folks remember HS with armed police patroling? Not rent-a cops, or
security officers, but high paid regular LEO?

I remember armed police patroling, Fern. I'm 52 years old. How old are you?

What are we coming to with the disempowerment of families?

Police Patroling somehow is associated with "disempowerment of
families?" What an ignorant leap!

LaVonne