32 week update

Old November 1st 06, 08:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Missy

Default 32 week update

So, I'm now in week 32. 32 weeks and 2 days to be exact. I was
diagnosed with gestational diabetes at week 25 and have been on insulin
at nighttime since week 27. I keep my numbers well within the normal
range, and often below where they are supposed to be. I wasn't happy
about it, though. I admit! I was given the one hour test and told
that I failed so badly that I would not be doing the three hour and I
needed to go to the diabetes clinic immediately. It was not what I was
expecting to hear and it took me quite a while to get over it. I
really felt like I was being cheated by not doing the three hour test.

My blood pressure is now becoming more of an issue. At my last
appointment (31 weeks) my doctor made some comments about how we needed
to keep the baby inside for another month, that I needed to lay down as
much as possible, and that bedrest was probably going to happen in the
near future. I left the appointment feeling less than happy.

I'm not overly concerned that anything is going to happen. I'm fine
with taking it easy as my body is really telling me to, I just didn't
like how he said, "keep the baby inside for another month" as it was
out of the blue and he threw in how she'd be in the hospital for a
while if she were born now. I have not been the most confident at
times with this pregnancy and I just don't need to hear such things.

Other than that everything is going pretty well. I'm swollen.

Oh, we had an US to see how the baby is growing as I guess the high
blood pressure can cause the baby to be too small and the GD can cause
the baby to be too big (which I really wish to never hear again. MY
BABY IS NOT HUGE!), so my doctor wanted to make sure she was growing at
the right rate. At 31 weeks she was four pounds. The doctor I saw for
the US wants me to have another at 37 weeks, but I am not sure I will
agree to that. I was fine with the US this time only because I knew
no-one would be pressuring me. At 37 weeks I will not take too kindly
to talk of inducing and whatnot if they think my baby is too big.

We have nothing ready for the baby and I'm starting to feel the
pressure. I love being pregnant and feeling my baby kick and punch.
She's been head down for about a month now. She really loves punching
my bladder. I am having issues with the pelvic pain and whatnot.
Walking can sometimes be impossible because it hurts too much and I
need help getting up and whatnot now. I got down on the floor one
night and had no idea how I was going to get up again. Luckily, my
husband was right there to help me. I certainly had a good chuckle
from it.

-- Missy
Baby Boo edd December 25th, 2006e

21 week update Jenn Pregnancy 3 February 10th 05 05:09 PM
36.5 week update Plissken Pregnancy 2 February 3rd 05 05:36 AM
And yet -another- 35 week update... Carlye Pregnancy 2 August 26th 04 05:25 AM
Hello again (12 week update - very long) Iseult Pregnancy 1 March 19th 04 07:24 PM
32 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 8 July 31st 03 03:04 PM