IEP for 3yo with gross motor delay

Old February 24th 04, 11:52 AM
Leah Adezio

Default IEP for 3yo with gross motor delay

Leandra wrote in message
om...

Because his class includes
kids from about 6 months younger than him to about a year older, his 6
months delay in gross motor skills really doesn't prevent him from
participating normally in the class, he is just one of the lowest kids
for gross motor but he doesn't need a special class or school really.
i don't think he would qualify for one since his needs are relatively
small but i'm still not sure if twice a month is going to be enough
either.

You might be surprised. My youngest's speech delays were only 6 months in
receptive speech and 9 months in speech usage at the time he was determined
eligible for full time services.

As a result, he got daily speech therapy in our district's preschool
handicapped preschool program, *plus* all the regular preschool
activities...all at district expense.

Now a 14 year old chatterbox, sometimes I think they did their job *too*
well.

Leah
Summer is up for discussion. I don't know what will be
available for him then. we will be travelling some of the time so
that might make it harder.

Thankyou for your thoughts.
Leandra