Murder by Chelation

Old August 30th 05, 02:37 AM
Jeff

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
"CWatters" wrote in message

Seems it might not be the first time that Chelation caused a heart attack
although this patient was 55 and possibly at risk..

http://www.quackwatch.org/14Legal/hough.html

The suit charges that:
snip
*During the last treatment, Hough's heart stopped beating. Although he
was
resuscitated, he suffered a heart attack and was left with permanent
damage
to his heart.

This is a from a lawsuit. Law suits are rarely about the truth.

We know that, Jeff. However, if a lawsuit proves anything to support
AltMed claims, it has, by Logic, got to support other claims.

In the past, I claimed that lawsuits do not have valid scientific standing
as evidence. By logic, this lawsuit would not be valid scientific evidence,
either.

Doing otherwise would be hypocritically.

Jeff

EDTA binds to calcium. What may have happened is that the EDTA bound up a
lot of calcium in the fluid around that heart cells, making that calcium
unavailable to the heart. The heart needs calcium to pump. Without the
calcium, the heart was unable to beat. But, as I said, the information is
from a lawsuit. We won't know what really happened.

Something similar happened in the 1980s, I think at Children's Hospital
of PA. A child died, and they changed the protocol to make sure that the
EDTA was slowly infused.

Jeff

Old August 30th 05, 02:49 PM
Mark Probert

Jeff wrote:

"CWatters" wrote in message

[...]

Agreed. However, I also apply the sauce/goose/gander argument to those
who use suits as proof. Of course, they reject that, as the suit I am
using calls into question one of their firmly held beliefs.