BU$TED?

Old July 29th 06, 12:59 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe

Default BU$TED?

Mark Probert wrote:
Jason Johnson wrote:

snipped
Mark,
It's still hard to believe that mercury (unless it was combined with a
medicine) would help treat any disorder or disease. I will take your word
that mercury (combined with huge amounts of water) can be used to treat at
least one disorder.

Like I said, it is homeopathic. The chances of you finding a molecule of
the mercury salt is nearly nil.

Oh, and dihydrogen monoxide is commonly called H2O. Water cures thirst.

It's been a while since we've seen someone who didn't catch that one.

I also found out that health food stores actually sell
products that contain silver (silver sulfadiazine):
examples from a catalog published by Vitamin Research Products:
Silver Liquid--immune support--one-half teaspoon in one ouce of water once
a day.
Silver Nasal Formula--spray in nose several times per day.
Silver Optic Formula--two drops four times per day in eyes.

Silver is a topical antibacterial.

So are lemon juice, lime juice, rosemary essential oil, thyme essential
oil, etc. I'll stick with the ones I can make myself if I choose to,
thankyouverymuch!

Kitten

Old July 29th 06, 01:12 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jason Johnson

In article . com,
"Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe" wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

snipped for ease of reading... {puts on teacher face} Mark, you know
better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark,
Thanks. It must be a very rare disorder since it is not listed in my
"Laboratory Test Handbook with Disease Index".

It is rather common in the northern hemisphere during this time of the
year. You must remember that it is a homeopathic medicine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark,
It's still hard to believe that mercury (unless it was combined with a
medicine) would help treat any disorder or disease. I will take your word
that mercury (combined with huge amounts of water) can be used to treat at
least one disorder. I also found out that health food stores actually sell
products that contain silver (silver sulfadiazine):
examples from a catalog published by Vitamin Research Products:
Silver Liquid--immune support--one-half teaspoon in one ouce of water once
a day.
Silver Nasal Formula--spray in nose several times per day.
Silver Optic Formula--two drops four times per day in eyes.
Jason

You've never read about colloidal silver before? Some think it's the
miracle cure-all.

Kitten

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kitten,
Some think that placing silver in our eyes is NOT a wise thing to do.
However, if people want to place drops of silver in their eyes--that's
alright with me.
I only found out about it about one or two years ago when I saw it for
sale at a health food store. I should note that on the long list of
poisons in my "Laboratory Test Handbook"--that silver is not listed.
However, aluminum and mercury are listed.
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 29th 06, 01:14 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Peter Bowditch

(Jason Johnson) wrote:

In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , JohnDoe
wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:

"HCN" wrote:

"JohnDoe" wrote in message
l...

Jason Johnson wrote:

.... And if they ever did, did aluminum cause it?

Dear Jason, the word 'metal' does not equal 'so poisonous it should be
wholly removed from the environment'. While you may not be an anti-vac
liar, you certainly seem to suffer from a degree of delusion with regard
to the toxicity of metals.

Hmmm... would that mean (according to those that equate metal to

"bad") that
the following metals should never be ingested by humans:

calcium ...
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic.../index.s7.html
iron ...
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic.../index.s7.html
sodium ...
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic.../index.s7.html
potassium ...
http://www.theodoregray.com/Periodic.../index.s7.html

I'm waiting for the day when the anti-psychiatry loons criticise
medications containing lithium because of the risk of heavy metal
poisoning.

Damn, why didn't I think of that!! BTW, are you sure they haven't done
that yet? And if they didn't and they start doing it, at least we'll
have clue who started it all. Lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JohnDoe,
Lithium is used in the treatment of manic-depressive illness. However, as
you may know, "...lithium toxicity, including severe neutoxic effects, can
occur with normal serum lithium levels...."

Source: "Labortory Test Handbook" (2nd Edition) by David S. Jabobs, M.D.
and others.

As far as I know, mercury is NOT used to treat any illnesses so there is a
majory difference between lithium and mercury.

There are homeopathic medicines prepared with mercury.

Look it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JohnDoe,
In these homeopathic medicines, is mercury the ONLY item or is it mixed
with other items? As far as lithium is concerned, it does NOT need to be
mixed with any items.
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can absolutely guarantee that raw metallic lithium is not included
in medications.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 29th 06, 01:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jason Johnson

In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article ,

JohnDoe
wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:

"HCN" wrote:

"JohnDoe" wrote in message
l...

Jason Johnson wrote:

[...]

It is mixed with water. Lots of water.

As far as lithium is concerned, it does NOT need to be
mixed with any items.
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark,
What disease or disorder is this Homeopathic Medicine containing

mercury
and large amounts of water able to treat?

For one thing, Dihydrogen monoxide deficiency syndrome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[...]

Let's get serious--Is mercury used to treat any disorders or diseases?
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 29th 06, 01:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jason Johnson

In article . net, "Karen
R." wrote:

Mark Probert wrote the following on 7/28/2006 3:05 PM:
Jason Johnson wrote:

Mark,
What disease or disorder is this Homeopathic Medicine containing mercury
and large amounts of water able to treat?

For one thing, Dihydrogen monoxide deficiency syndrome.

Mark -- Go. To. Your. Room.

Karen R., still choking with laughter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karen,
So Mark drinks water combined with mercury when he is dehydrated?
LOL
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old July 29th 06, 01:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Peter Bowditch

(Jason Johnson) wrote:

Mark,
What disease or disorder is this Homeopathic Medicine containing mercury
and large amounts of water able to treat?
Jason

According to the book I have, Mercurius Solubilis is an effective
treatment for, wait for it, "everything".

MERCURIUS SOLUBILIS (mere.)

Study of Mercurius is a prime example of how the concept of
the essence of a remedy can clear up a seemingly overwhelming
mass of data. Mercurius being one of the more extensively proven
and widely used remedies in the Materia Medica, presents a for-
midable array of symptoms for the beginner to study; it is a ver-
itable textbook of pathological states. However, after repeated and
prolonged study and meditation on the Materia Medica, one
gradually is able to discern a thread, a theme, which runs through
the remedy. Once this is comprehended, all the "data" falls in
place into a single unique image.

In Mercurius, there is no single word or phrase which adequately
describes this thread. The basic idea is that there is a lack of reac-
tive power coupled with an instability or inefficiency of func-
tion. The healthy organism has a defence mechanism, a reactivity,
which enables it to create a stable, efficient equilibrium upon
exposure to the many physical and emotional stimuli in the envi-
ronment. In Mercurius, this reactive power is weakened, becom-
ing unstable and wavering in its functions. Virtually all stimuli
are absorbed by the patient without adequate defence, resulting
in a pathological condition.

The lack of defensive power results in the Mercur is patient being
sensitive to everything. As we go through the vlateria Medica
we find that the Mercurius patient is AGGRAVATED by
everything—heat, cold, outdoors, wet weather, change of weather,
warmth of bed, perspiration, exertions, various foods etc. By con-
trast, there seem to be very few ameliorations; very little can be
absorbed by the patient to result in comfort, because the system
is unable to properly adjust to anything. As an interesting demon-
stration (though not a generally recommended method for study)
one can go through the Generalities section of the Repertory seek-
ing the number of rubrics in which it is listed in italics or bold
type as being aggravated or ameliorated by physical influences;
there are only 7 listings for amelioration (5 of which have to do
with lying down), while there are 55 rubrics describing aggra-
vations. Because of this extreme vulnerability, we see that the

Page 123 of "The Essence of Materia Medica" by George Vithoulkas,
Jain:New Delhi, 1988

Next five-and-a-bit pages of similar gobbledygook deleted.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
The Millenium Project
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 29th 06, 01:29 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Peter Bowditch

Mark Probert wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , JohnDoe
wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:

"HCN" wrote:

"JohnDoe" wrote in message
l...

Jason Johnson wrote:

[...]

The deficiency has been so bad in my part of the world over the last
year or so that people have often been overheard to say "Dam!".

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 29th 06, 01:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jason Johnson

Default More Aluminum bull**** ... was BU$TED?

In article .com,
"Raving Loonie" wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark,
It's still hard to believe that mercury (unless it was combined with a
medicine) would help treat any disorder or disease. I will take your word
that mercury (combined with huge amounts of water) can be used to treat at
least one disorder. I also found out that health food stores actually sell
products that contain silver (silver sulfadiazine):
examples from a catalog published by Vitamin Research Products:
Silver Liquid--immune support--one-half teaspoon in one ouce of water once
a day.
Silver Nasal Formula--spray in nose several times per day.
Silver Optic Formula--two drops four times per day in eyes.
Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy your next cup of Aluminum infused tea, Jason.

If being a drunk doesn't addle the brain; being a tea drinker *might*
do the trick.

;-)

Cordially,

RL

P.S. Nice to see you switch to more conventional quoting methods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Contents of aluminum and manganese in tea leaves and tea infusions]

[Article in Japanese]

Matsushima F, Me****suka S, Nose T.

Tottori Women's College, Kurayoshi, Japan.

We measured the contents of aluminum and manganese in tea leaves and
tea infusions by means of various standardized infusion conditions, and
by using flameless atomic absorption spectrophotometry, and
investigated the influence of infusion conditions on the elution of
aluminum and manganese into the tea infusions. Furthermore, we tried to
estimate the daily intake of aluminum and manganese due to drinking tea
infusions. The content of aluminum in tea leaves was 1420 micrograms/g
in case of wulong tea, 576 micrograms/g in black tea, and 520
micrograms/g in green tea. The content of manganese was 1440
micrograms/g in the case of wulong tea, 670 micrograms/g in green tea,
and 535 micrograms/g in black tea. The concentration of aluminum in tea
infusions was 1.49-5.58 micrograms/ml in wulong tea, 0.90-4.92
micrograms/ml in green tea, and 0.64-4.35 micrograms/ml in black tea.
The concentration of manganese was 1.75-6.67 micrograms/ml in green
tea, 0.94-4.04 micrograms/ml in wulong tea, and 0.78-3.24 micrograms/ml
in black tea. The ratio of the molar concentration of aluminum to that
of manganese was 1-2:1 in tea leaves, and 1-5:1 in tea infusions. In
the case of elevated-temperature infusion, increases of the
concentrations of aluminum and manganese in tea infusions were
recognized. By repeating infusion three times according to the standard
method for ingredient analysis of food, 18-29% of the total content of
aluminum in tea leaves was eluted, and 12-29% of the total content of
manganese was eluted.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RL,
Thanks a lot--something else for me to worry about--alumnium in tea. I
have already had to discard a full bottle of antacid since it contained
high levels of alumnium. My quoting methods work with some newsgroup
readers. I tried another newsreader that will work with my old computer
but it would not allow
me to use a fake email address.
Jason
Old July 29th 06, 01:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jason Johnson

In article , Peter Bowditch
wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert
wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , JohnDoe
wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:

"HCN" wrote:

"JohnDoe" wrote in message
l...

Jason Johnson wrote:

[...]

Do you do the same thing that Mark does to treat the problem which is to
drink huge amounts of water combined with mercury?
LOL
Jason
Old July 29th 06, 02:03 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,sci.med,talk.politics.medicine
Jim Manson

"Caitriona Mac Fhiodhbhuidhe" wrote:

Jason Johnson wrote:
In article , Mark Probert

[...]