Progesterone cream?

Old November 2nd 03, 03:20 PM
Sophie

Default Progesterone cream?

How and when do you use it? Thanks.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Old November 2nd 03, 04:00 PM
Sabine

"Sophie" wrote in message
How and when do you use it? Thanks.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

My grandma had a complete hysterectomy 25 years ago and she uses it once a
day on the inside of her elbows, knees, forearm, or inner thigh. She uses a
natural progesterone that she got at the health food store. She says that
it made more of a difference when she was 55 than it does now that she's 78,
but that it still helps. But you are asking for baby making reasons! You
want to start applying the cream as soon as you ovulate and continue using
it until you know you are good and pregnant. (Some keep taking it until
week 10-12?)
The Corpus luteum makes the progesterone until the egg implants the whole
way. I would say that it will be useless for baby making unless you are
*sure* you've ovulated. In fact, if you were to start using it early, it
would probably mess up the LH surge and estrogen thing that happens at
ovulation. The cream I'm talking about, the natural stuff, it pretty mild
and might be less 'severe' than the chemical equivalent. Good luck you
crazy girl!

Sabine
Mom to Maizie & Alex

Old November 2nd 03, 04:06 PM
Sophie

How and when do you use it? Thanks.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

My grandma had a complete hysterectomy 25 years ago and she uses it once a
day on the inside of her elbows, knees, forearm, or inner thigh. She uses

natural progesterone that she got at the health food store. She says that
it made more of a difference when she was 55 than it does now that she's

78,
but that it still helps.

I don't know there was any other reason to use it - lol. Interesting.

But you are asking for baby making reasons!

But not for me

You
want to start applying the cream as soon as you ovulate and continue using
it until you know you are good and pregnant. (Some keep taking it until
week 10-12?)
The Corpus luteum makes the progesterone until the egg implants the whole
way. I would say that it will be useless for baby making unless you are
*sure* you've ovulated. In fact, if you were to start using it early, it
would probably mess up the LH surge and estrogen thing that happens at
ovulation. The cream I'm talking about, the natural stuff, it pretty mild
and might be less 'severe' than the chemical equivalent. Good luck you
crazy girl!

Sabine
Mom to Maizie & Alex

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on. It's for my other group, that was
also asking about the right amounts of Vitex, etc...Someone bought the cream
but didn't really know what to do with it.

I'm actually feeling a bit hopeful this month. I'm on 7 dpo with still high
temps, sore full boobs, and totally exhausted (but I think that's from the
already existing kids - lol)

Thanks

Old November 2nd 03, 04:17 PM
Sabine

"Sophie" wrote in message
[...]

Oh cool, I keep meaning to give it a try, for the former effects, not the
baby making ones! I'm off balance somewhere and maybe its there.
Oo..that sounds promising! I can't believe you are going to have 4 kids
though! Seems like just yesterday you were birthing #1! And for the
exhaustion? I have **2** kids and I'm a zombie half the time! Between
trick or treat, soccer finals, and poopy diapers, I'm a wreck! Aaah! 4!

Sabine

Old November 2nd 03, 05:32 PM
Honey38ch

I'm actually feeling a bit hopeful this month. I'm on 7 dpo with still high
temps, sore full boobs, and totally exhausted (but I think that's from the
already existing kids - lol)

Here's hoping!
Honey
Old November 2nd 03, 05:59 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Sophie wrote:

How and when do you use it? Thanks.

You only need to use progesterone cream if a) you have a luteal phase
defect (shorter than normal time after ovulation and before AF) or b)
you have abnormally high estrogen levels which aren't belanced out by
your progesterone. (Estrogen dominance.)

Other than that, you'd use progesterone supplements if you got pregnant
and found out your progesterone levels were very low (under 12 or 15),
and the baby was still thriving when you found out (betas still rising
etc).

http://ahealthierworld.com/natural-p...-pregnancy.htm

Old November 4th 03, 10:32 PM
Sandi

"Sophie" wrote in message

I'm actually feeling a bit hopeful this month. I'm on 7 dpo with still

high
temps, sore full boobs, and totally exhausted (but I think that's from the
already existing kids - lol)

Thanks

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully we'll see an announcement
from you in a week or so! Would that make you the first July due date?

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old November 5th 03, 05:01 PM
Sophie

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully we'll see an announcement
from you in a week or so! Would that make you the first July due date?

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3
Natalie, 15 months
and EDD 6/3/04

I'm trying so hard not to test early. Last time I had a negative at 11 dpo
and a positive at 13 dpo. But I can't wait - lol. A July due date would be
neat cos that was my first baby's due date (July 10 - born June 25). It
would be neat to have the same due date for my first and last babies

I bought a First Response test today (a 2 pack of course - lol).

Sophie -
TTC #4

cream cheese Vicki S General 14 May 31st 04 04:41 AM
What about circumcision and pain relief for baby T General 278 December 20th 03 07:06 PM
question about progesterone levels Honey38ch Pregnancy 2 October 20th 03 05:27 PM
Help Me! Can't stop with the ice cream!! Carol Ann Pregnancy 14 September 11th 03 12:51 PM
Is it illegal to kill the Ice Cream Man? Sonnie B. General 60 August 18th 03 11:01 PM