Merck Mouth, Myrl Jeffcoat, claims Gardasil can "Return them to Health" ... FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE

Old September 17th 08, 08:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Default Merck Mouth, Myrl Jeffcoat, claims Gardasil can "Return them to Health" ... FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE

(Myrl Jeffcoat as Will Ketcher from the archives she loves to talk
about.)

From: Will Ketcher - aka Myrl Carlene Jeffcoat ... donning her
jockstrap to flirt with Willa Nidiffer ... aka Cathy Credulous aka
Nanaweedkiller ... another snake-oil vigilante.

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...Willa-Nidiffer
Date: Wed, Nov 19 2003 2:07 am
Email: (Will Ketcher)
Groups: alt.support.breast-implant

Ms Weedkiller--I think you are the most cool thing present on this
board. I am turned on by your delightful presence--If you should ever
become a widow -- or available for companionship -- I would love to be
your gentleman. You are a most special person. I say that with the
most respectful admiration.

Your Admirer--
Will Ketcher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myrl Jeffcoat as Myrl Jeffcoat from the archives she loves to talk
about ...

"I must admit however, I am a Rev. Cathy Credulous "wannabe," and
wouldbe happy to call "her" work my own!"

Myrl Carlene Jeffcoat, September 1, 2001

NANA. . .That is toooooo funny for words. I'm on the floor laughing!
Thanks for being precious you!

Myrl Carlene Jeffcoat, October 18, 2003

What is 1000% fact is that Willa Nidiffer aka Cathy Credulous aka
Nanaweedkiller works directly promoting quackwatch and the
healthfrauds.

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...weedkiller.htm
Old September 17th 08, 10:30 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Myrl Jeffcoat, in one of her dozens of rants and raves a while back,,
in her idiocy, claimed:

What Ilena Rosenthal wants is FREE SPEECH for herself, while curtailing it for most everyone else.

Jeffcoat, ever since you began advertising the quackery of Barrett
you have shown yourself to be a stalker, a liar, and absolutely
absurd.

You donned a jockstrap, called yourself "Will Ketcher" and harassed
and attacked me, while promoting Quackwatch and the 3 losers suing me
in court. You highjacked my personal name, have cybersquattered a
website of my personal name, and have spent 7 years of your life
attempting to make people believe I am who you wish I was.

Here is who I am:
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com
http://breastimplantawareness.blogspot.com
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...sRosenthal.htm
I am Rosenthal who defeated Stephen Barrett in 3 courts

You shill for Gardasil and post vaccination lies in general ...
backing some of the wealthiest corporations in the world, and whine
and scream and rant and lie voraciously about our small non profit.

For you to make such a ridiculous and idiotic claim that about "what I
want" shows your deep desperation ... already showing for several
years now.

You are far, far, far stupider than I thought ... and you
underestimate what I will do to defend myself against your perfidy.

God help you, you fool.

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/myrl.html
Thousands and thousands of posts ... under various aliases as well as
her own ... is she curtailed or lying again????

Old September 18th 08, 02:05 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

From: Myrl - view profile
Date: Tues, Oct 3 2006 11:33 pm
Email: "Myrl"
Groups: alt.support.breast-implant, talk.politics.medicine

So it all begs the question. . .Did the silicone manufacturer PR
machine have such deep pockets, that Ilena Rosenthal joined her hips
with BMS attorney, Nate Schachtman, in Judge Pointer's courtroom,
hoping to pick one of Nate's deep pockets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Wed, Oct 4 2006 7:50 am
Email: Ilena Rose
Groups: alt.support.breast-implant, talk.politics.medicine

LMVVVVSweeet AO ...
Yes Myrl, in your frustrated sexual, perverted fantasies, for your
own entertainment and libelous rantings,

.... please delude yourself into imagining Nathan Schachtman and I, in
Judge Pointer's open Courtroom in Birmingham, with Sally Kirkland and
Barb Hulka and about 100 other people all watching and clapping ...

....thrashing around and panting like barnyard pigs, joining our piggy
hips together, and porking our brains out

Much of the last 7 years have been spent on Usenet defending myself
against Myrl's sexual fantasies about me ... such a twisted shill is
Myrl. She appears to need to have these sexual imagest in order to
keep her attacks on me going ... many believe her jealousy of me is
uncontrollable ... and Barrett & O'leary offered her a job to play
them out by using her to attack me.

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/myrl.html
Read more of Myrl's deluded fantasies ...

Old September 18th 08, 03:01 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Old September 18th 08, 03:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Myrl ... you lying old woman.

Dr. Zaffuto is a wonderful man ... and your projections from your
dirty, haggard old filthy mind are all about you.

He has done more to help women harmed by breast implants than you will
do in your life.

You and your quack friends and Coleah have attacked this loving man
for years ... stolen a copywritten photo for your attack site ... and
filled his mailbox with your lies and assaults.

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/snake-oil.htm
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm

Like your teammates from the Quackfilled Snake-oil Vigilatne
Hatemongers ... your job is to destroy, just like twisted Barrett has
done for years ... he's made fortunes harming people doing far more
good than he will ever do.

http://humanticsfoundation.com/dr_zaffuto.htm
Old September 18th 08, 04:09 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

By Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
First published in the San Diego Business Journal, 1998 ... still true
today

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/Smokescreen.htm

http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

The Silicone Smokescreen

The purpose of law
is to prevent the strong from
always having their way.

~~Ovid, 43 BC -- 18 AD

Ovid must be spinning in his grave!

For 35 years, silicone manufacturers have been selling harmful breast
implants -- products the FDA never approved. (update: in November,
2006, after 40 years, the FDA caved in to industry demands and gave
'safety approval' with many unenforceable conditions to Inamed &
Mentor for silicone breast implants. Dr. Sidney Wolfe said it best:
The approval makes a mockery of the legal standard that requires
“reasonable assurance of safety.”)

Following in the footsteps of their cousins --The Tobacco Barons --
the mighty Dows and other silicone manufacturers have run roughshod
over the*legal system. They followed the winning formula:

Bury all incriminating evidence. Deny its existence. Make the victims
prove your product is not safe.

Even then, deny it.

Put profit over human life.

Deny it.

Create an incestuous relationship with the AMA and the FDA.

Deny it.

Hire expensive PR firms to sway public opinion.

Purchase favorable media with mega-advertising dollars.

Deny it.

Sell sex.

Above all, create a "smokescreen" to confuse and confound the issue
and protect your bottom line. Repeatedly claim that "there is no
scientific proof that smoking (or silicone) causes" disease."

It's easy.

Human beings make lousy lab rats. Tobacco has honed this formula
beautifully for well over 50 profit-filled years. We've really "come a
long way, baby."

However, it wasn't until October 1996 (Science, October 18) after
thousands of studies and tens of millions of smoking-related deaths,
that medical science was able to identify a "missing link" between
smoking and lung cancer.

Finally, proof. By then was there any doubt?

Already, a half a million Americans were dying annually from smoking
related diseases.

"Tobacco science" had proven what everyone has known for decades.

Since the 60's, the silicone manufacturers, claiming no culpability,
out of court and out of the public eye, s'ettled thousands of cases of
implant problems with "gag" orders which kept their "dirty little
secrets" hidden.

When one brave woman, Mariann Hopkins, refused to be silenced and took
her case to jury, former San Diegan Dan Bolton dropped a bombshell on
the jury and produced vast amounts of damning evidence from Dow's own
files.

Included were concealed studies showing how for years, Dow Corning
knew, denied and hid the serious dangers. Dow lost all appeals, and
the Supreme Court eventually upheld the verdict of fraud.

One of the studies that surfaced was the Dow sponsored, 1975 ACTA from
Sweden which indicated that silicone crosses the placental barrier. As
far reaching as this fact is, to date, physicians nationwide continue
to assure implanted women that it is perfectly safe to carry and nurse
babies. Not one OB/GYN can tell me on what scientific studies these
assurances are based. None exists.

Retired professor of Health Education, Henrietta Farber is appalled at
the lack of information given women today as to the true risks of
implants. A survivor of double mastectomies and a series of disastrous
implant surgeries, she is shocked that Dr. Anne Wallace, UCSD Plastic
Surgeon, still quotes small, manufacturer financed studies as "proof"
of implant safety. "Similar studies, could not have shown any
correlation between smoking and cancer. Dr. Wallace ignores newer
studies indicating that 34% of post mastectomy patients required
additional surgery within the first five years after implantation."
Dr. Wallace, whose recent lecture aired on UCSD-TV, described saline
implants as "bags of water," never mentioning the fungus, mold and
bacterial infections known to flourish in these degradable silicone
envelopes. Mrs. Farber added, "Over 33,000 women have filed complaints
of serious complications to the FDA about their saline implants.
People believe incorrectly that they have been approved by the FDA for
safety."

However, on KNSD-TV, "Dirty Doctor" Dean Edell, describes saline
implants as "perfectly safe, perfectly fine." He has also been heard
proclaiming that he hopes that "implanted women never get a penny"
from the makers of their defective products. Oh yes, the pennies.

Dow spent $191 million defending itself in the three years prior to
declaring bankruptcy in 1992 and crashing the huge class action suit.

Meanwhile, while safely in "bankruptcy protection" Dow Corning enjoyed
profits of $61 million in 1996, while Papa Dow Chemical earned $452
million in the first quarter of 1997.

Concurrently, here in San Diego County, there are estimated hundreds
of women with no funds to have their disintegrating and ruptured
implants removed. Many are too ill with multiple autoimmune diseases
to care for themselves and their families.

Brilliant as they were, The Dows made some early serious calculation
errors as to "cost benefit." Using strategy modeled after the
exploding Pinto gas tanks, as the numbers of ruptured implants
surfaced, they hid the details and continued to claim falsified
rupture figures of only 1-5%.

Well-respected UCSD Radiologist, Dr. Michael Middleton, presented
details of research done on 1,200 women to the Annual Meeting of the
Radiological Society of North America in November, 1995. He explained
that in these studies on women implanted between 10 and 12 years, "The
rupture rate for non polyurethane-coated implants was 31%, compared to
91% for polyurethane-coated implants." The latter were taken off the
market in 1991 after it was discovered that the polyurethane breaks
down to TDA, a known carcinogen. I've heard of no women, however, who
received a "recall notice."

The infamous class action suits have been brilliant stalling devices
to keep the money where the manufacturers want it. Mentor Corporation
of Santa Barbara, threatening bankruptcy, forced all recipients to
settle with a "take it or leave it" offer. Their 1996 earnings were
$23.8 million.

One of their customers, a 43 year old San Diegan woman who had had 3
sets of failed implants, Mentor¹s being one, has now reluctantly been
forced into receiving public assistance. She has had 12 implant
related surgeries, has accumulated over $120,000 in medical bills, and
lives in constant pain. Her total settlement from Mentor -- $379.90.

"It is unbelievable to me, that women dying, and those who will suffer
agonizing pain for the remainder of their lives are barred from
seeking legal recourse through our court system." For this reason,
explains Joan Huffman, Executive Director of La Jolla based Research
Update, they have sponsored Assembly Bill 1609, which recently
received an affirmative vote from the Senate Judiciary Committee.
"Women harmed by breast implants deserve access to the court system."

"Silicone Science" like "Tobacco Science" can rage in controversy for
decades. And just like tobacco, the evidence is the victims and their
failed health. They know now what science may not figure out (or admit
to) for years. With insurers such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield denying
benefits to "women with a history of implants," this is a public
health catastrophe in the making. And the tax payer, as always, will
have to pick up the tab.

May Ovid rest in peace.

Ilena Rosenthal ©1997
Old September 18th 08, 04:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Myrl has spent years running around Usenet and Yahoo groups trying to
distract from the core serious issues of the failing health of the
women harmed by breast implants ... the perfect "insider" for her
buddies at Quackwatch / NCAHF / snake-oil vigilante shills.

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/

www.BreastImplantInfo.org/

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/Patty.html

http://kathynyebreastimplants.homestead.com/

http://breastimplantawareness.blogspot.com

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/

http://www.implanttruth.jshood.com/links.html

BRAVO to Julie! I've heard from several women in my support group who
think this is one of the best exposes ever written to describe the
plight of implanted women ...

http://thenav.ca/index/news-app/stor...plant-industry

Toxic Breasts: a peek inside the breast implant industry

By Julie Chadwick

November 22, 2006
Few aspects of the human anatomy have generated more hype, insecurity
and fetishization than the female breast. It has been used to sell
products; been the object of fame and obsession, and the cause of
wishful thinking and embarrassment. It has been pushed, lifted,
separated and prodded into every shape imaginable, as dictated by the
fickle face of fashion. However, nothing has been quite as dangerous
as the trend towards a surgically enhanced bust.
The possibility of changing one’s “God-given” lot must have seemed
like a miracle to certain hopeful young women when the prospect of
breast implants first loomed in the early 1900s. These first
experimentations were not actually implants but injections—first with
paraffin, with disastrous results, and later with the patient’s own
fat tissue, which was quickly reabsorbed and left scarring and
unsightly lumps. Both methods were abandoned by the 1920’s and by the
middle of the century, the body ideal was moving away from the svelte
“flat” flapper and towards the curviness of the cheesecake pin-up.
With this shift came more pressure on women to conform to the ideal,
and subsequently created more desire for, and interest in, surgical
options.
Medical knowledge gained during World War II, coupled with
technological advances with synthetics led surgeons to experiment with
the insertion of spongy polyurethane derivatives with names like
Surgifoam and Ivalon. These too, however, proved to be unsuccessful,
as breast tissue filled in the holes and contracted around the sponge,
often reducing it to a hard lump that was difficult to extricate.
Inspired by Japanese prostitutes that were injecting silicone
directly into their breasts in an attempt to attract American sailors,
doctors in the US began to experiment with liquid silicone.
Through the 50s and 60s, this practice became popular with topless
dancers in Las Vegas and San Francisco. Its use became more widespread
as, initially, it appeared to be a less-invasive procedure that any
doctor could do. It is estimated that anywhere from at least 12,000 to
50,000 women received silicone injections during its period of
popularity, which began to wane in the mid-60’s. It wasn’t long before
complications associated with the injection of silicone began to set
in.
Some of the noted clear-cut effects were pain, skin discoloration,
edema, ulceration and necrosis, calcification, granulomas, migration
of the fluid, infection, cysts, axillary adenopathy, disfigurement and
loss of the breast, liver granulomas and dysfunction, acute
pneumonitis or adult respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary
embolism, coma, and death.
As Frank Gerow and Thomas Cronin, two plastic surgeons from Texas,
were developing the first silicone breast implant in 1961, there was
already some dissent from within the ranks. On Jan. 24 of that same
year, Ethel Mullison, the Staff Associate from the Dow Corning Center
for Aid to Medical Research, sent a memo to Cronin. In the letter, she
states that there are problems with silicone being “injected directly
into the body,” and that “if enclosed within a silicone bag, the
fluids would tend to diffuse out through the walls of the silicone
rubber and be absorbed into the tissues.”
This problem came to be known as ‘bleed’ - the tendency of silicone
to ooze out of its protective shell (also made of silicone) and behave
exactly like silicone injections - with all of the attendant
complications.
The first woman to receive silicone breast implants was Timmie Jean
Lindsey, in 1962, and the following year Dow Corning began selling
their Silastic brand of implants, without any long term testing or
monitoring of their effects in humans.
By 1976, the state of Nevada felt compelled to make the practice of
injecting silicone a felony. Today, it is not approved by the FDA for
any cosmetic use.
As silicone made the journey from injections to implantations, many
of the earlier problems and complications proved difficult to shake.
Controversy over the safety of silicone dogged the breast augmentation
industry every step of the way.
The awareness of potential health threats associated with breast
implants rocketed its way into the public consciousness when Dow
Corning was hit with multiple lawsuits in the early 90’s. However, Dow
had been quietly fighting complaints and court actions for a long
time.
In 1976, an amendment enacted by the FDA granted the Administration
new power to regulate medical devices. However, it was a little too
late for implants—they had already been on the market for a number of
years, and as a result had been “grandfathered” into the system.
The first court settlement was quietly awarded in 1977, to the tune
of $170,000 (US). Another case against Dow Corning was subsequently
won in 1984, for over $1.5 million (US), during which numerous
internal company documents and memos were leaked. By 1988 the FDA
jumped into action and recategorized breast implants as a high-risk
product. They set a deadline for manufacturers to prove the safety of
implants by July of 1991.
By the time the deadline arrived, another settlement was awarded
—the largest yet—of $5.4 million. By September of that same year, the
evidence that was submitted to the FDA was determined insufficient to
judge whether breast implants were safe or unsafe, and they were
required to submit further data. Three months later another case
against Dow Corning was won, with $7.3 million awarded. Another 137
lawsuits were pending. In 1992, the FDA clamped down and severely
limit the use of silicone breast implants.
By 1995, Dow Corning was facing some 20,000 lawsuits and a global
settlement suit in which about 440,000 women had registered. Dow filed
for bankruptcy.
The court heard plaintiffs’ testify that their ruptured and leaking
implants were causing them a range of health problems including joint
pain, headaches, autoimmune diseases, connective tissue diseases,
arthritic-like conditions, chronic fatigue, muscle pain, and
dizziness.
The verdict seemed to be that there were grave problems with the
use of silicone from the beginning, and that it’s containment within a
silicone bag did little to limit it’s adverse effects within the body.
This was the conclusion of not only the growing numbers of “implant
survivors” but that of a growing body of experts as well.
Dr. Pierre Blais was the former Senior Scientific Advisor for
Canada’s now-defunct Department of Health and Welfare for fourteen
years. He now runs Innoval Consultants, a firm engaged in the design,
testing and failure analysis of high risk medical systems
In his line of work he has examined over 7,000 cases of
explantation, from which they have recovered over 9,000 different
implants. Blais says they’ve seen “every single type that has ever
been used worldwide. Some are as old as the 1950’s.”
“[They’re] mostly of US manufacturing origin because they dominate
the field.” Blais continues: “what we’re seeing is an unprecedented
degree of poor quality. It doesn’t matter where you get them from, it
doesn’t matter when they were put in, what we see consistently across
all years and all types is very poor quality, frequent manufacturing
defects, and in almost all cases, major problems that arose as a
result of the implant. At the very least, a poor appearance; at the
very worst, death.
“We have a very substantial number of these implants which were
removed at death. We call that necropsy.”
In October of this year, Health Canada made a strange move - the
decision to lift the restrictions on silicone implants that have been
in place for over fifteen years, specifically for two corporations -
Inamed and Mentor. What has changed between the early 90’s—when the
ban was put into effect—and now?
Health Canada’s Dr. Supriya Sharma told CTV Newsnet on Oct. 20 of
this year that there have been many changes since the early 90’s in
terms of how silicone implants are manufactured.
“It’s an illusion,” stresses Blais. “Basically, the technology’s
exactly the same, the materials are still the same […] the same people
who were around in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s making breast implants are
still around. Only the names of the companies have changed as a result
of multiple acquisitions, bankruptcies, problems, movement of the
company abroad and so on.”
Sharma went on to say that Health Canada believed that because the
gel inside and the layers on the outside of silicone breast implants
is now thicker, it is a safer product than it was in the 90’s. Blais
disagrees.
“It’s a total misconception,” explains Blais. First of all, “there
is no such thing as ‘silicone’ in the singular. It’s thousands of
different compounds, mixed very much like rubbers. [...] There is
enormous variations between silicones. It’s no more descriptive a term
[to say silicone] than it is to say, ‘rubber’.
“In the case of breast implants, even the process to make breast
implants does not ensure uniformity from implant to implant of the
same batch, and we have instances where the silicones are from the
same implant and yet have different properties from point to point.
It’s extremely variable.”
This makes it very difficult to determine the safety of silicone
implants and how they behave in a woman’s body, says Blais. Even if
there had been long-term testing or studies done in the 60s before
silicone breast implants went on the market, Blais says that “the
studies would apply specifically, only, to the batch of product that
has been studied. It would not apply to anything before, and most
probably nothing after.”
How is it, then, that Health Canada managed to approve silicone
implants with confidence?
They cite reviews from the UK and the US that conclude there is
“no evidence of a causal relationship between silicone gel-filled
implants and a number of auto-immune diseases or other systemic
illnesses.” They also cite a Canadian study that “showed that women
undergoing cosmetic breast augmentation do not appear to be at an
increased long-term risk of developing cancer,” and a publication
published in an American journal that showed that “women undergoing
cosmetic breast augmentation do not appear to be at an increased
long-term risk of developing cancer.”
They also established an Expert Advisory Panel to advise Health
Canada in their decision.
The integrity of the Expert Advisory Panel was called into question
in early Nov. of 2005. The Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ)
reported that Nanaimo/Cowichan MP Jean Crowder was calling for the
removal of three of the panel members because all three had either
worked for, or accepted money from Inamed and Mentor. These were the
very companies who’s breast implant license applications, and safety
and efficacy data, were under review.
Two panel members—Dr. Harold Brandon from Washington University
and Dr. Michael Brook from McMaster University—had accepted money from
Inamed to make presentations on behalf of the company at FDA hearings
five months before being appointed to the Health Canada Expert
Advisory Panel.
“It was shameful and outrageous,” says Dr. Diana Zuckerman,
president of the National Center for Policy Research for Women &
Families, “but at least in the US it was clear that they were paid
consultants, there to make a presentation on behalf of the company
about how great the product is. In Canada, that wasn’t the case.”
Panel member Dr. Mitchell Brown of Sunnybrook & Women’s College
Health Sciences Centre was busy being paid to promote the
(as-yet-unapproved) implants at his clinic and writing in a medical
journal about “when silicone gel implants are reintroduced” a full
year before they were officially given the green light by Health
Canada (emphasis added).
“It distresses me greatly that Health Canada has decided to lift
the ban on silicone gel implants,” says Patty Faussett, who received
implants in 1997 and had them out the following year after
experiencing Multiple Sclerosis-type symptoms. “We’ve been shouting
and waving our arms for years trying to get [experts’] attention about
these very real dangers to so many women, but they have chosen to
disregard the many reports of women harmed, in favor of profits for
the corporations. ”
Fausset says that before she had the implants, she wasn’t sick in
over ten years. After having them out, she got tests back from a
rheumatologist that told her that she had an elevated rheumatoid
factor (80% of people with rheumatoid arthritis have this, and it is
also linked with autoimmune diseases), a lowered C3 Complement and
macrocytosis (the enlargement of red blood cells that is linked to
liver disease, bacterial overgrowth and parasitic infestation, among
other things).
And here’s the catch—Patty Faussett’s implants were saline. Canada
is only now lifting its ban on silicone implants—however,
saline-filled implants have been on the market since the 60’s.
Although saline is generally regarded as a safe alternative to
silicone, Blais insists this is not the case.
“The main problem with saline,” asserts Blais, “is that the
companies who make them do not make the port—the valve, as it is
called—secure. The result is that during the lifetime of the implant,
the patient’s body fluids percolate or leak back into the implant, and
this stuff rots ‘in situ’. In other words, blood, proteins and tissue
which somehow finds its way into the implant becomes entrapped within
the implant and sooner or later bacteria and fungi goes in too, and it
uses the patient’s fluids and protiens as food. And it then grows.”
Blais says the valves used in today’s saline implants are the same
valves used on saline implants in 1976, and in 80% of saline implants,
the valves come from the same manufacturer.
Another problem that arises with saline implants is that the
silicone bag around the saline is porous, and becomes more and more
porous over time—notably so, according to Blais, after a period of
about five years.
“As more and more fluid from the patient becomes pumped into the
[implant], the water part of this fluid leaks out through the bag,
making the inside more and more concentrated with decaying tissue. It
acts as a concentration machine where the inside is the nest for
ongoing—what we call in our trade—colonization.”
Following Blais down the rabbit hole of this grotesque underground
world of butchered beauty, I wondered aloud what that would look like.
He was only too happy to oblige with a description, remarking that the
saline implants that were sent to him were “always like that.”
“Even for the implants where the effect is not so ‘gross’, in other
words, you don’t see a huge amount of foreign stuff stuck inside—like
a bad aquarium? You find that when you look at the fluid closely. The
particles and the inoculae—the ‘seeds’, so to speak, of the
bacteria—are already there after a year. The amount increases with
time.
“Occasionally, very rarely, we will get one that is not badly
colonized after five or six years but more than 80% of them have such
a level of contamination on the inside that you can see it by looking
at the implant at a distance of one meter. In some cases the implants
are totally black.”
So is there no way to make both silicone and saline implants high
quality, safe products? Can’t technology save us in our quest for the
perfect pair of breasts? Blais, who has been in the business of failed
implants, among other things, for over a quarter of a century, doesn’t
mince his words.
“A breast implant—or for that matter, most implants—don’t just sit
there. They cause the tissue around them to reshape, to re-form in a
different way. In other words, the implant does not accommodate to the
patient, the patient accommodates to the implant.
“Firstly, the implant becomes surrounded by a tissue layer which
gradually increases in thickness with time. Think of it as a tissue
envelope, containing an implant. The space around the implant that is
still within the capsule is usually a liquid. This liquid is stagnant.
It’s like a marsh. There is no automatic cleansing of this fluid by
body processes.
“So, the liquid being stagnant in turn causes the death of the
surrounding tissue. So as a result, the capsule becomes thicker and
thicker. With time, there is less and less cleansing, and after about
ten years, processes that are never found in living organisms without
implants takes place.
“For example, large quantities of very hard, glass-like calcific
deposits form, and in large amounts. I’ve seen implants removed after
twenty years where the surrounding tissue was like a mass of leather
with the inside part consisting of [something like] crushed
lightbulbs.
“This is not an exception. The near-totality of implants that were
put in between 1962 to about 1980 that are now being removed come out
in this condition. It’s not just a statistical risk. It’s a…” Blais
pauses, searching for the word, “ …guarantee. And the guarantee is
that it’s the result of the way we are built.”
“Now, it doesn’t stop there.” My head is reeling, and I consider
asking him to slow down, but Blais is just getting warmed up. “A
breast implant sits at the crossroads of a lot of machinery. The chest
is not just a bag of tissue in which you can put anything. When you
put an implant into a place like this, you force it between muscles,
you have it sit on top of arteries, veins, lymphatic tissue and
what-have-you.
“So as a result, all of these other bits of machinery that we call
our anatomy are changed. For example, blood flow into the chest is
drastically reduced. Part of this blood is part-and-parcel of our
coronary system. Basically the mammary artery, which is often very
close to these implants, is affected to the point that it seizes to
function and it calcifies. And that’s again, an expected [result].
“With time, the implants exert a sustained pressure. […] As a
result of this sustained pressure, the ribcage gradually collapses and
indents. We have patients where X-rays show incurvation or collapse of
individual ribs that sit underneath the implant. And on and on it
goes. It’s not rocket science, it’s just the way we are made.”
With that final nail banged in the coffin, I turn to the question
of how did we, as women, as a society, get to this point? In all this
obsession over the appearance of our breasts—how big, how pert, how
they spill over, their upward (or downward) tilt—I feel like something
has been lost. We have forgotten what the biological function of
breasts was in the first place. Faussett brought it home for me.
“There is no doubt that the female breast has been considered one
of a woman’s most alluring features. I don’t think that will ever
change,” she muses, “but the difference is that in societies [in the]
past, the female breast was the source of nourishment that meant life
or death for an infant. The very survival of humankind depended upon
the functioning human breast. In modern times, this is no longer the
case. Yes, breasts are still nourishment for infants worldwide, but in
our culture, we’ve made it optional to the health of the infant.
Formula abounds for the woman who does not want to use her breasts as
they were intended to be used. Couple the rise of the Playboy empire
with the advent of easily-obtainable infant formulas, and, the breast
has become more glamourous and sexy than ever before.”
And of course, this glamour has a downside. “Breast implants are
deceptive. They give women hope that they, too, can have glamourous,
sexy breasts. Unfortunately, that is not always the case,” says
Faussett. “Hard breasts are not sexy. Obviously fake breasts are not
sexy. Numb breasts greatly reduce sexual pleasure. And if you happen
to be one who suffers from immune system dysfunction as a result of
exposure to breast implants, you can pretty much forget about sex, as
the last thing you will ever feel is sexy. Instead, you will feel like
you are an eighty year old woman in a much younger body as you fight
to function normally. It is definitely not sexy.”
However, Faussett asserts, “there is a dark side, and there is the
lighter side, which I think I’ve found when I realized that my
experience brought me closer to living a life that is purposeful,
joyful and satisfying, and without all the baggage of insecurity about
my body that I had. […] I realized my inward beauty more than ever,
regardless—or in spite of—my suffering.”

Addendum: as of Nov 17, the US FDA has decided it, too will be lifting
the ban on silicone breast implants (but not silicone testicular
implants, because of “inadequate testing”). For more information,
visit the implant awareness website I am setting up at
www.implanttruth.jshood.com It will include audio of the full
interview with Dr. Pierre Blais, as well as links to Dr. Diana
Zuckerman’s, Patty Faussett’s, Kathy Nye’s and many other survivors’
and experts’ sites, and much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old September 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

By Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
First published in the San Diego Business Journal, 1998 ... still true
today. Merck Myrl's buddies at Quackwatch hate me with such a vengence
.... especially since they have a nearly half million dollar judgement
against them with $312,000 still unpiad. They use Myrl ... who has
proven herself to be a fatithful liar, stalker, screamer, and co-hater
with the Quackwatch credo. They are attack dogs ... out to harm any
who oppose the pharma / med device / chemical industry bottom lines.

Old September 18th 08, 09:34 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Subject: Women's Institute for Silicone Education and Research
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:39:06 -0600

Note from Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal:
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/

Since the only other reference to this was written by Corporate Mouth,
Junk Journalist Steven Milloy (close business etc friends with Andrew
M Langer) ... this is beginning to seem like another attack of the
corporations and their attorneys that Milloy etc. wages ... on the
plaintiffs bar and health activists. The false and revealing
accusation by Myrl Jeffcoat that I was paid by Burson-Marsteller is to
me, akin to her claiming I worked with silicone sellers with she &
Coleah having taken over the "Patrick O'leary Cause."
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/andysposse.htm
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...#Andrew-Langer
Andrew Langer, a professional fake "sound sound expert" for years was
embedding into the breast implant issue working closely with Coleah &
Myrl.

I further do not yet understand why for some reason Sybil Goldrich is
not being directly asked since Milloy's propaganda exposing this
entity was that this related to her in some way.

If I were a bettin' woman ... I would bet that Milloy and Barrett and
the rest of the Quackwatch / Junk Science corporate PR 'whores' ...
are using Myrl & Coleah & Pam as "insiders" of the breast implant
cause to help them augment their years of legal and PR attacks
against plaintiff's attorneys and activities.

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm

On the earlier thread where Myrl Jeffcoat specifically was screeching
about anti-vaccination and anti-amalgam research which was coming
obviously from the voices in her head ... the most notable PR team is
the Junk Science / Quackwatch Snake-oil Vigilante team that heads
those (and other health issue corporate positions throughout Usenet
and the rest of the internet.)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...18048724c6995#

I will be posting more about what my studies on SKAFF (also a Milloy
revelation) and the Common Benefit Fund when I catch a moment.

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/Snake-oil.htm

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/myrl.html
Myrl ... the answer to your very self revealing question you keep
repeating ... no I do not work with any silicone manufacturing
entitity nor have I ever, and I receive no money from Burson
Marsteller or any of their quacky frontgroups etc. ... nor do I
receive compensation in any way from any attorney or claimants groups.
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/Andysposse.htm
Myrl, Patrick O'leary, Andrew Langer, Coleah Penley Ayers, etc. etc.

Very interesting ...
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/
http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Pam Dowd wrote:

Women's Institute for Silicone Education and Research

Anyone know what this is/was? Who was involved? Did any research ever
come out of it?

I had never seen this organization mentioned until recently.

Pam Dowd
Implant Veterans of Toxic Exposure
Old September 19th 08, 01:17 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,alt.support.breast-implant
Ilena Rose

Wow ... Myrl ... finally Coleah came back to battle me on this thread
with you. Whewwwwwwwwwww. You two old biddies have been promoting the
quackery of my 3 losing plaintiffs for years.
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...sRosenthal.htm

Subject: Aluminum is the new mercury

Note from Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal
Director, Humantics Foundation

www.ilenarose.blogspot.com

I was very happy to see the title of this thread.

I became aware that the aluminum industry also had a huge coverup of
the dangers campaign when the Snake-oil Vigilantes and Myrl & Coleah
began defending aluminum with the identical tactics used to defend
mercury, various chemicals, breast implants etc.

When I began posting about aluminum in every Gardasil jab ... Myrl &
Coleah sprang to it's defense ... as did several others on this team

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/Snake-oil.htm

Happy Sunday to all ... as the 7th anniversary of the well planned 911
conspiracy approaches ... may we all be protected from the
perpetrators.
http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Here are so earlier threads on aluminum ... and I am going to expand
this subject to other relevant newsgroups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'they' Jeffcoat is screaming about ... are those of us concerned
with the harm being caused to many by vaccinations and the cover-up
surrounding it.

Myrl Jeffcoat:
They yell about the aluminum content in each vaccine. . .An amount,
less than in a single serving of Spinich, Parmesan Cheese, and a
litany of other healty foods. "

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...2e1e90fd0732d1

~~~~~~~~~~

It's as if Coleah Penley Ayers is channeling Stephen Barrett himself
in her "good news" about the long term accumulation of aluminum if
pre-pubescent girls when she spouts this perfect Quack Logic :

~~~~~~~~~~~

Coleah: And Aluminum Hydrodine (used in Gardasil) is the safest
aluminum compound (see my previous post for reference link)...yes, it
is safer than what is used to purify water and that which is used as a
food additive.

So what is the big scary point?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/hydro/al.htm

Use: As the pure metal or as alloys (magnalium, aluminum bronze, etc.)
for aircraft, utensils, apparatus, electrical conductors; instead of
copper in dental alloys. The coarse powder is used in aluminothermics
(thermite process); the fine powder as flashlight in Photography, in
explosives, fireworks and in aluminum paints; for absorbing occluded
gases in manuf. of steel. In testing for Au, As, Hg; coagulating
colloidal solns. of As or Sb; pptg. Cu; reducer for determining
nitrates and nitrites; instead of Zn for generating hydrogen in
testing for As.

Grades available: Reagent, technical.

Aluminum Toxicity
The following information was compiled and submitted by Frank Hartman.
"From the earliest days of food regulation, the use of alum (aluminum
sulphate) in foods has been condemned. It is universally acknowledged
as a poison in all countries. If the Bureau of Chemistry had been
permitted to enforce the law ... no food product in the country would
have any trace of ... any aluminum or saccarin. No soft drink would
contain caffeine or hebromin; no bleached flour would be in interstate
commerce. Our food and drugs would be wholly without adulteration ...
and the health of our people would be vastly improved and their life
greatly extended."

From History of crime against the Food Laws (1929) by Dr. Wiley, the
prime mover behind the original Pure Food Law and Director of the FDA.
He resigned in disgust in 1912 over exceptions granted to the law and
lack of enforcement.

Aluminum has been exempted from tesitng for safety by the FDA under a
convoluted logic wherein it is classified as GRAS. (Generally Regarded
As Safe.) It has never been tested by the FDA on its safety and there
are NO restrictions whatever on the amount or use of aluminum.

There are over 2000 references in the National Library of Medicine on
adverse effects of alumium. The following were extracted to provide a
small sample of the range of toxicity of aluminum.

Chemical Registry
Aluminum toxicity has been recognized in many settings where exposure
is heavy or prolonged, where renal function is limited, or where
apreviously accumulated bone burden is released in stress or illness.
Toxicity may include: encephalopathy (stuttering, gait disturbance,
myoclonic jerks, seizures, coma, abnormal EEG) osteomalacia or
aplastic bone disease ( associated with painful spontaneous fractures,
hypercalcemia, tumorous calcinosis ) proximal myopathy, increased risk
of infection, increased left ventricular mass and decreased myocardial
function microcytic anemia with very high levels, sudden death.
Aluminum is ubiquitous in our environment; it is the third most
prevalent element in the earth's crust. The gastrointestinal tract is
relatively impervious to aluminum, absorption normally being only
about 2%. Aluminum is absorbed by a mechanism related to that for
calcium. Gastric acidity and oral citrate favors absorption, and
H2-blockers reduce absorption. As is true for several trace elements,
transferrin is the primary protein binder and carrier for aluminum in
the plasma, where 80% is protein bound and 20% is free or complexed to
small molecules such as citrate.

Cells appear to take up aluminum from transferrin rather than from
citrate. Purified preparations of ferritin from brain and liver have
been found to contain aluminum.

It is not known if ferritin has a specific binding site for aluminum.
Factors regulating the migration of aluminum across the blood–brain
barrier are not well understood.

Serum aluminum correlates with encephalopathy; red cell aluminum
correlates with microcytic anemia, and bone aluminum correlates with
aluminum bone disease.

Basal PTH when elevated appears to protect bone and thereby favor CNS
toxicity.

Other factors favoring one form of toxicity over another are not well
understood.

Aluminum toxicity has been reported to impair the formation and
release of parathyroid hormone. The parathyroid glands concentrate
aluminum above levels in surrounding tissues. Treatment of aluminum
toxicity in renal failure patients often reactivates
hyperparathyroidism, which to a certain extent is helpful for bone
remodeling and healing.

Distilled Water Placed in Various Containers

Distilled water was placed in metal containers and the amount of the
"Metal Can" that disolved into the distilled water was measured daily
using Specific Conductance readings. You can divide the SC number by 2
to get the approxamite amount of atoms in ppm ( mg / l ).
4 ppm of aluminum in human blood can cause it to colagulate.
Aluminum in humans is documented to Inhibit Learning. See Below ...

Aluminum neurotoxicity in preterm infants receiving
intravenous-feeding solutions.
Bishop N.J. – Morley R. – Day J.P. – Lucas A.

From: N Engl J Med (1997 May 29) 336(22):1557-61

Aluminum, a contaminant of commercial intravenous–feeding solutions,
is potentially neurotoxic. We investigated the effect of perinatal
exposure to intravenous aluminum on the neurologic development of
infants born prematurely.

RESULTS: The 90 infants who received the standard feeding solutions
had a mean (± SD) Bayley Mental Development Index of 95 ±22, as
compared with 98 ±20 for the 92 infants who received the
aluminum-depleted solutions (P=0.39). The former were significantly
more likely (39 percent, vs. 17 percent of the latter group; P=0.03)
to have a Mental Development Index of less than 85, increasing their
risk of subsequent educational problems. For all 157 infants without
neuromotor impairment, increasing aluminum exposure was associated
with a reduction in the Mental Development Index (P=0.03), with an
adjusted loss of one point per day of intravenous feeding for infants
receiving the standard solutions. In preterm infants, prolonged
intravenous feeding with solutions containing aluminum is associated
with impaired neurologic development.

Aluminum-containing emboli in infants treated with extracorporeal
membrane oxygenation.
Vogler C. – Sotelo-Avila C. – Lagunoff D. – Braun P. – Schreifels J.A.
– Weber T.

From: N Engl J Med (1988 Jul 14) 319(2):75-9

We found fibrin thrombi or thromboemboli at autopsy in 22 of 23
infants with respiratory failure who had been treated with
venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). In addition,
distinctive basophilic aluminum-containing emboli were found in 12 of
the infants; the distribution of these emboli was similar to that of
the thromboemboli, except that an aluminum-containing embolus was
found in a lung in only 1 infant. Sixteen infants had pulmonary
thrombi or thromboemboli. We also found friable aluminum-containing
concretions adhering loosely to the mixing rods of heat exchangers
that had been used to warm the blood flowing through the ECMO circuit;
such concretions were not present on unused mixing rods. We propose
that these aluminum-containing concretions developed as the silicone
coating of the heat exchanger wore away and aluminum metal was exposed
to warm, oxygenated blood and that fragments of aluminum-containing
concretions formed emboli. This hypothesis is supported by the fact
that aluminum-containing emboli were generally not present in the
lungs, which are bypassed by ECMO.

Sequential serum aluminum and urine aluminum: creatinine ratio and
tissue aluminum loading in infants with fractures/rickets.
Koo W.W. – Krug-Wispe S.K. – Succop P. – Bendon R. – Kaplan L.A.

From: Pediatrics (1992 May) 89(5 Pt 1):877-81

Aluminum toxicity is associated with the development of bone
disorders, including fractures, osteopenia, and osteomalacia.
Fifty-one infants with a mean (± SEM) birth weight of 1007 ±34 g,
gestational age of 28.5 +/-0.3 weeks, and serial radiographic
documentation at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months for the presence (n = 16) or
absence (n = 35) of fractures and/or rickets were studied at the same
intervals to determine the serial changes in serum aluminum
concentrations and urine aluminum-creatinine ratios. Autopsy bone
samples were used to determine the presence of tissue aluminum. One
infant who received aluminum-containing antacid had marked increase in
serum aluminum to 83 micrograms/L while urine aluminum-creatinine
ratio increased from 0.09 to a peak of 8.53. Vertebrae from three
infants at autopsy (full enteral feeding was tolerated for 37 and 41
days in two infants, respectively) showed aluminum deposition in the
zone of provisional calcification and along the newly formed
trabecula.

Aluminum in parenteral solutions revisited — again.
Klein G.L.

From: Am J Clin Nutr (1995 Mar) 61(3):449-56

It has been a dozen years since aluminum was first shown to
contaminate parenteral nutrition solutions and to be a contributing
factor in the pathogenesis of metabolic bone disease in parenteral
nutrition patients as well as in uremic patients. However, there are
no regulations in place to effectively reduce aluminum contamination
of various parenterally administered nutrients, drugs, and biologic
products. The purpose of this review is fourfold: 1.) to summarize our
knowledge of the adverse effects of aluminum on bone formation and
mineralization in parenteral nutrition patients; 2.) to discuss the
possible role of aluminum in the osteopenic bone disease of preterm
infants; 3.) to show how lack of regulations covering aluminum content
of parenteral solutions can lead to vulnerability of new groups of
patients to aluminum toxicity, the example being given here is that of
burn patients

Aluminum-induced anemia.
From: Am J Kidney Dis (1985 Nov) 6(5):348-52

.... many questions still remain unanswered, it is clear that aluminum
causes a microcytic hypoproliferative anemia and is a factor
responsible for worsening anemia in patients with end-stage renal
disease.

Arch Dermatol (1984 Oct) 120(10):1318-22

Three patients had subcutaneous nodules at the sites of previous
injections of vaccine containing tetanus toxoid, showed aluminum
crystals in the nodules from two patients. From the evidence
available, we believe that these nodules are a complication of
inoculations with aluminum-containing vaccines.

Persistent subcutaneous nodules in patients hyposensitized with
aluminum-containing allergen extracts.
Garcia-Patos V. – Pujol R.M. – Alomar A. – Cistero A. – Curell R. –
Fernandez-Figueras M.T. – de Moragas J.M.

From: Arch Dermatol (1995 Dec) 131(12):1421-4

These lesions have been mainly attributed to a hypersensitivity
reaction to aluminum hydroxide, which is used as an absorbing agent in
many vaccines and hyposensitization preparations. Patch tests with
standard antigens and aluminum compounds and histopathologic and
ultrastructural studies were performed on 10 patients with persistent
subcutaneous nodules on the upper part of their arms after injection
of aluminum-adsorbed dust and/or pollen extracts. The nodules appeared
1 month to 6.5 years after injections.

Trace metals and degenerative diseases of the skeleton.
Savory J. – Bertholf R.L. – Wills M.R.

From: Acta Pharmacol Toxicol (Copenh) (1986) 59 Suppl 7:282-8

Aluminum related osteodystrophy is the most important manifestation of
trace metal toxicity related to degenerative diseases of the skeleton.

Postvaccinal sarcomas in the cat: epidemiology and electron probe
microanalytical identification of aluminum.
Hendrick M.J. – Goldschmidt M.H. – Shofer F.S. – Wang Y.Y. – Somlyo
A.P.

From: Cancer Res (1992 Oct 1) 52(19):5391-4

An increase in fibrosarcomas in a biopsy population of cats in the
Pennsylvania area appears to be related to the increased vaccination
of cats following enactment of a mandatory rabies vaccination law.

The majority of fibrosarcomas arose in sites routinely used by
veterinarians for vaccination, and 42 of 198 tumors were surrounded by
lymphocytes and macrophages containing foreign material identical to
that previously described in postvaccinal inflammatory injection site
reactions. Some of the vaccines used have aluminum-based adjuvants,
and macrophages surrounding three tumors contained aluminum oxide
identified by electron probe microanalysis and imaged by
energy-filtered electron microscopy. Persistence of inflammatory and
immunological reactions associated with aluminum may predispose the
cat to a derangement of its fibrous connective tissue repair response,
leading to neoplasia.

Aspects of aluminum toxicity.
Hewitt C.D. – Savory J. – Wills M.R.

From: Clin Lab Med (1990 Jun) 10(2):403-22

Attention was first drawn to the potential role of aluminum as a toxic
metal over 50 years ago, but was dismissed as a toxic agent as
recently as 15 years ago. The accumulation of aluminum, in some
patients with chronic renal failure, is associated with the
development of toxic phenomena; dialysis encephalopathy, osteomalacic
dialysis osteodystrophy, and an anemia. Aluminum accumulation also
occurs in patients who are not on dialysis, predominantly infants and
children with immature or impaired renal function. Aluminum has also
been implicated as a toxic agent in the etiology of Alzheimer's
disease, Guamiam amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and
parkinsonism-dementia.

Soft tissue sarcoma associated with aluminum oxide ceramic total hip
arthroplasty. A case report.
Ryu R.K. – Bovill E.G. Jr – Skinner H.B. – Murray W.R.

From: Clin Orthop (1987 Mar)(216):207-12

Malignant tumors around fracture fixation implants have been reported
sporadically for many years. Recently, however, reports of sarcomatous
degeneration around a standard cemented hip arthroplasty and around
cobalt-chromium-bearing hip arthroplasties raise new questions of the
malignant potential of metallic ends prostheses. Sarcomatous changes
around aluminum oxide ceramics seem not to have been reported in the
literature. The present report may be the first documented case of an
aggressive soft tissue sarcoma detected 15 months after the patient
had an uncemented ceramic total hip arthroplasty. If a causal
relationship exists, the incidence of this phenomenon in the United
States is 250 times greater than would be expected from statistics on
soft tissue sarcoma at the hip.

Aluminum-induced granulomas in a tattoo.
McFadden N. – Lyberg T. – Hensten-Pettersen A.

From: J Am Acad Dermatol (1989 May) 20(5 Pt 2):903-8

Aluminum was the only nonorganic element present in the test site
tissue. This is the first report of confirmed aluminum-induced,
delayed-hypersensitivity granulomas in a tattoo.

Delayed healing in full-thickness wounds treated with aluminum
chloride solution. A histologic study with evaporimetry correlation.
Sawchuk W.S. – Friedman K.J. – Manning T. – Pinnell S.R.

From: J Am Acad Dermatol (1986 Nov) 15(5 Pt 1):982-9

Wounds were treated either with 30% aluminum chloride solution or
ferric subsulfate solution or were allowed to clot with minimal
pressure from a gauze pad. Delay in reepithelialization was noted
histologically both in wounds treated with aluminum chloride and in
those treated with ferric subsulfate compared to controls. Presumably
this delay was the result of tissue necrosis caused by these
hemostatic agents, resulting in slightly larger and less cosmetically
acceptable scars. Plots of evaporimetry data revealed a biphasic
pattern of water loss during healing, with an initial rapid decline in
water loss followed by a much slower decline.

Aluminium and injection site reactions.
Culora G.A. – Ramsay A.D. – Theaker J.M.

From: J Clin Pathol (1996 Oct) 49(10):844-7

To alert pathologists to the spectrum of histological appearances that
may be seen in injection site reactions related to aluminium, showed
unusual features not described previously. In one, there was a
sclerosing lipogranuloma-like reaction with unlined cystic spaces
containing crystalline material. The other case presented as a large
symptomatic subcutaneous swelling which icroscopically showed diffuse
and wide-spread involvement of the subcutis by a lymphoid infiltrate
with prominent lymphoid follicles.

CONCLUSIONS: This report highlights the changes encountered in
aluminium injection site reactions and emphasises that the lesions
have a wider range of histological appearances than described
previously.

Aluminum and gallium arrest formation of cerebrospinal fluid by the
mechanism of OH- depletion.
Vogh B.P. – Godman D.R. – Maren T.H.

From: J Pharmacol Exp Ther (1985 Jun) 233(3):715-21

AlCl3 or GaCl3 was added to artificial cerebrospinal fluid and
perfused through the cerebral ventricles of the rat. Depending on the
metal and its concentration (1-10 mM) the pH of the perfusate ranged
from 7.2 to 3.5. At 10 mM metal chloride, yielding pH 4.7 (Al) or 3.5
(Ga), formation of cerebrospinal fluid was suppressed 100%. This
mechanism may also account for the antiperspirant action of Al salts.

Aluminum toxicity and albumin.
Kelly A.T. – Short B.L. – Rains T.C. – May J.C. – Progar J.J.

From: ASAIO Trans (1989 Jul-Sep) 35(3):674-6

During a study of priming solutions for extracorporeal membrane
oxygenation (ECMO) in the intensive care nursery, it was discovered
that those solutions using certain brands of 25% albumin contained
aluminum levels within the toxic range. When the brand was changed to
a brand known to have a lower aluminum (Al) content, a marked drop in
priming solution Al levels was measured.

The role of aluminium for adverse reactions and immunogenicity of
diphtheria-tetanus booster vaccine.
Mark A. – Granstrom M.

From: Acta Paediatr (1994 Feb) 83(2):159-63

235 schoolchildren aged 10 years received either a regular,
aluminium-adsorbed diphtheria-tetanus vaccine or the same vaccine in
fluid form, in order to investigate if local side effects could be
diminished by exclusion of aluminium. System reactions were rare and
local reactions frequent in both groups but larger local reactions
were even more pronounced in the non-adsorbed vaccine group.

Potroom palsy? Neurologic disorder in three aluminum smelter workers.
Heyer N.J.

From: Arch Intern Med (1985 Nov) 145(11):1972-5

We studied three patients with a progressive neurologic disorder, all
of whom had worked for over 12 years in the same potroom of an
aluminum smelting plant. All had incoordination and an intention
tremor. Two of the three patients had cognitive deficits, and the most
severely affected patient also had spastic paraparesis. None had
involvement of the peripheral nervous system. Despite extensive
evaluations, the cause of these patients' problems remains obscure.

Neurotoxic effects of aluminum in animals are directed at the central
nervous system, and theoretically long-term low-level exposure to
aluminum in the potroom could explain the findings in our patients.

Reducing aluminum: an occupation possibly associated with bladder
cancer
Theriault G. – De Guire L. – Cordier S.

From: Can Med Assoc J (1981) 124(4):419-422,425

These findings suggest that employment in an aluminum reduction plant
accounts for part of the excess of bladder cancer in the region
studied. (Author abstract) (85 Refs)

Immunohistochemical study of microtubule-associated protein 2 and
ubiquitin in chronically aluminum-intoxicated rabbit brain.
Takeda M. – Tatebayashi Y. – Tanimukai S. – Nakamura Y. – Tanaka T. –
Nishimura T.

From: Acta Neuropathol (Berl) (1991) 82(5):346-52

Experimental neurofibrillary change was produced in rabbit brain by
daily subcutaneous aluminum tartrate injection for 40 days.

Neurotoxic effects of aluminium on embryonic chick brain cultures.
From: Acta Neuropathol (Berl) (1994) 88(4):359-66

Toxic damage of brain cells by aluminium (Al) is discussed as a
possible factor in the development of neurodegenerative disorders in
humans. Effects of Al on cell viability (lysosomal and mitochondrial
activity) and differentiation (synthesis of cell-specific proteins)
were found to the brain area specific with the highest sensitivity
observed in optic tectum.

Aluminium in tooth pastes and Alzheimer's disease.
Verbeeck R.M. – Driessens F.C. – Rotgans J.

From: Acta Stomatol Belg (1990 Jun) 87(2):141-4

The role of aluminium from tooth pastes may be even more important
than that from the drinking water.

Persistent subcutaneous nodules in children hyposensitized with
aluminium-containing allergen extracts.
Frost L. – Johansen P. – Pedersen S. – Veien N. – Ostergaard P.A. –
Nielsen M.H.

From: Allergy (1985 Jul) 40(5):368-72

A follow-up study of 202 children who had received hyposensitization
with aluminium-containingallergens showed that 1-3 years after
cessation of hyposensitization 13 children still had severely
treatment-resistant subcutaneous nodules in their forearms. Because of
their long persistence the nodules of six children were studied in
detail. Histologically, the nodules showed infiltration with
lymphocytes (forming germinal centres), macrophages, plasma cells,
mast cells and a few eosinophils.

In five patients aluminium crystals were found scattered between the
cells and, in addition, the phagosomes of the macrophages contained
aluminium. Patch tests for aluminium were positive in four of the six
patients.

Contact sensitivity to aluminium in a patient hyposensitized with
aluminium precipitated grass pollen.
Clemmensen O. – Knudsen H.E.

From: Contact Dermatitis (1980 Aug) 6(5):305-8

Standard patch testing of a patient with eczema revealed positive
reactions to the aluminium discs used for testing.

Behavioural effects of gestational exposure to aluminium.
Rankin J. – Sedowofia K. – Clayton R. – Manning A.

From: Ann Ist Super Sanita (1993) 29(1):147-52

The involvement of aluminium in the aetiology of a number of human
pathological diseases has altered its status from being a nontoxic,
nonabsorbable, harmless element. This maybe of particular concern to
the developing foetus which is more susceptible to agents and at lower
levels than the adult. Little attention has been given to aluminium's
potential reproductive toxicity until recently and further research is
required for a full evaluation of its toxicity. Our preliminary
results demonstrate behavioural and neurochemical alterations in the
offspring of mice exposed to aluminium during gestation. Further, the
effects of such exposure are also present in the adult animal
suggesting persistent changes in behaviour following prenatal
exposure.

The absence of extracellular calcium potentiates the killing of
cultured hepatocytes by aluminum maltolate.
Snyder J.W. – Serroni A. – Savory J. – Farber J.L.

From: Arch Biochem Biophys (1995 Jan 10) 316(1):434-42

This data defines a new model in which aluminum kills liver cells by a
mechanisms distinct from previously recognized pathways of lethal cell
injury. It is hypothesized that aluminum binds to cytoskeletal
proteins intimately associated with the plasma membrane. This
interaction eventually disrupts the permeability barrier function of
the cell membrane, an event that heralds the death of the hepatocyte.

Sensitization to aluminium by aluminium-precipitated dust and pollen
extracts.
Castelain P.Y. – Castelain M. – Vervloet D. – Garbe L. – Mallet B.

From: Contact Dermatitis (1988 Jul) 19(1):58-60

.... the means of sensitization was the inoculation of
aluminium-precipitated pollen or dust extracts for hyposensitization.
We conclude that aluminium allergy is not exceptional.

Allergy to non-toxoid constituents of vaccines and implications for
patch testing.
Cox N.H. – Moss C. – Forsyth A.

From: Contact Dermatitis (1988 Mar) 18(3):143-6

Aluminium allergy causes false positive patch test reactions and we
propose methods of patch testing patients with symptoms at vaccination
sites in order to avoid this problem.

Aluminium allergy in patients hyposensitized with
aluminium-precipitated antigen extracts.
Lopez S. – Pelaez A. – Navarro L.A. – Montesinos E. – Morales C. –
Carda C.

Aluminum precipitated antigen solutions, a small percentage of
patients develop persistent subcutaneous nodules at the injection
site; the existence of delayed sensitivity to aluminium has been
implicated in the pathogenesis of these nodules.

Aluminium allergy.
Veien N.K. – Hattel T. – Justesen O. – Norholm A.

From: Contact Dermatitis (1986 Nov) 15(5):295-7

13 children ranging in age from 1 to 13 years and 1 adult patient had
positive patch tests to 2% AlCl3 in water. 13 of them had pruritic
excoriated papules, 9 at sites of hyposensitization therapy with
aluminium-bound pollen extracts, and 4 at sites of childhood
immunization with an aluminium-bound vaccine (Di-Te-Pol).

Vaccination granulomas and aluminium allergy: course and prognostic
factors.
Kaaber K. – Nielsen A.O. – Veien N.K.

From: Contact Dermatitis (1992 May) 26(5):304-6

21 children who had cutaneous granulomas following immunization with a
vaccine containing aluminium hydroxide, and who had positive patch
tests to aqueous aluminium chloride and/or to a Finn Chamber, were
followed for 1 to 8 years. During the period of observation, the
symptoms cleared in 5 children, improved in 11, and remained unchanged
in 5.

Short-term experimental acidification of a Welsh stream: toxicity of
different forms of aluminium at low pH to fish and invertebrates.
McCahon C.P. – Pascoe D.

From: Arch Environ Contam Toxicol (1989 Jan-Apr) 18(1-2):233-42

Minimal effects were observed in the control and acid zones whilst
large mortalities and reduced feeding were recorded in the acid and
aluminium zone.

H Differentiated neuroblastoma cells are more susceptible to aluminium
toxicity than developing cells.
E. Meiri

From: Arch Toxicol (1989) 63(3):231-7

Two specific questions were addressed: 1.) Can differentiated cells
maintain their normal excitable function when exposed to aluminium?
2.) Can proper development of electrophysiological properties be
achieved in its presence? We report that aluminium caused premature
onset of deterioration in fully differentiated cells. Within 4-6 days
they depolarized from -29.3 ±0.9 mV to levels lower than -15 mV;
compound polyphasic action potentials were gradually replaced by slow
monophasic spikes before the final loss of excitable properties and
structural deformations was noticed.

Reversal of an aluminum-induced behavioral deficit by administration
of deferoxamine.
Connor D.J. – Harrell L.E. – Jope R.S.

From: Behav Neurosci (1989 Aug) 103(4):779-83

The behavioral deficit was not due to nonspecific effects caused by
lower fluid consumption. Partial reversal of the deficit was produced
by discontinuing aluminum treatment, 2 weeks prior to testing.

Aluminum-induced neurofibrillary degeneration disrupts acquisition of
the rabbit's classically conditioned nictitating membrane response.
Pendlebury W.W. – Perl D.P. – Schwentker A. – Pingree T.M. – Solomon
P.R.

From: Behav Neurosci (1988 Oct) 102(5):615-20

Aluminum intoxicated rabbits, in contrast, did not acquire the
conditioned response over the 4 days of testing. This disruption of
conditioning in aluminum-treated rabbits could not be attributed to
deficits in sensory or motor processes or to illness.
Neuropathological analysis revealed widespread neurofibrillary tangle
formation in aluminum-treated animals.

Aluminum, a neurotoxin which affects diverse metabolic reactions.
Joshi J.G.

From: Biofactors (1990 Jul) 2(3):163-9

Experimental evidence is summarized to support the hypothesis that
chronic exposure to low levels of aluminum may lead to neurological
disorders.

Distribution of aluminum in different brain regions and body organs of
rat.
Vasishta R.K. – Gill K.D.

From: Biol Trace Elem Res (1996 May) 52(2):181-92

In the present study, an attempt has been made to investigate the
distribution of aluminum in different regions of brain and body organs
of male albino rats, following subacute and acute aluminum exposure.
Aluminum was observed to accumulate in all regions of the brain with
maximum accumulation in the hippocampus. Aluminum was also seen to
compartmentalize in almost all the tissues of the body to varying
extents, and the highest accumulation was in the spleen.

Ti-6Al-4V ion solution inhibition of osteogenic cell phenotype as a
function of differentiation timecourse in vitro.
Thompson G.J. – Puleo D.A.

From: Biomaterials (1996 Oct) 17(20):1949-54

These results indicate that ions associated with Ti-6Al-4V alloy
inhibited the normal differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells to
mature osteoblasts in vitro, suggesting that ions released from
implants in vivo may contribute to implant failure by impairing normal
bone deposition.

Aluminium release from glass ionomer cements during early water
exposure in vitro.
Andersson O.H. – Dahl J.E.

From: Biomaterials (1994 Sep) 15(11):882-8

Aluminium is a major constituent of glass ionomer cements. During
mixing and setting aluminium is released from the glass into the
polyalkeonic acid solution. Part of this aluminium may not combine
with the polyalkeonic acid, but may be released from the cement. The
aluminium release from auto-cured and light-cured glass ionomer
cements during early water exposure was studied. The former cements
released more aluminium than the latter. It is suggested that the
considerable release of aluminium from glass ionomer cements during
early water exposure may explain the reported lack of mineralization
of predentin in the pulp beneath glass ionomer cements. This would
correspond to the inhibiting effect of aluminium on bone
mineralization.

Impaired control of information transfer at an isolated synapse
treated by aluminum: is it related to dementia?
Banin E. – Meiri H.

From: Brain Res (1987 Oct 13) 423(1-2):359-63

These results indicate that aluminum at concentrations similar to
those found in the diseased brain of demented patients modulates
synaptic transmission.

Chronic aluminum-induced motor neuron degeneration: clinical,
neuropathological and molecular biological aspects.
Strong M.J. – Garruto R.M.

From: Can J Neurol Sci (1991 Aug) 18(3 Suppl):428-31

Aluminum chloride induces aggregates of phosphorylated neurofilament
that mimics the intraneuronal inclusions of amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis.

Some commonly unrecognized manifestations of metabolic arthropathies.
Cobby M.J. – Martel W.

From: Clin Imaging (1992 Jan-Mar) 16(1):1-14

The metabolic arthropathies are characterized by the deposition of
abnormal substances in or around joints. Certain features of some of
these arthropathies and their significance have only recently been
recognized and others have been insufficiently emphasized. An
important group of conditions are the arthropathies related to renal
failure and its treatment, namely, aluminum toxicity, periarticular
calcification and crystal deposition, hyperparathyroidism, and
dialysis-related amyloidosis. Crystal deposition diseases,
specifically, gouty arthritis, calcium pyrophosphate deposition, and
calcium hydroxyapatite deposition, are also reviewed.

Sepsis: a cause of aluminum release from tissue stores associated with
acute neurological dysfunction and mortality.
Davenport A. – Williams P.S. – Roberts N.B. – Bone J.M.

From: Clin Nephrol (1988 Jul) 30(1):48-51

We report six cases of patients with renal failure and exposure to
aluminum who developed septicemia. In all cases the serum aluminum
increased markedly. This may have contributed to the neurological
dysfunction seen in five, and the deaths of four of the patients. We
suggest that the rise in serum aluminum was due to the release of
tissue-bound aluminum, resulting in an increase in free, diffusable
aluminum and that this jeopardized both neurological function and
immunocompetence.

Estimates of dietary exposure to aluminium.
Pennington J.A. – Schoen S.A.

From: Food Addit Contam (1995 Jan-Feb) 12(1):119-28

Daily intakes of aluminium were estimated for 14 age-sex groups based
on the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Total Diet Study dietary
exposure model. Estimates of aluminium intakes ranged from 0.7 mg/day
for 6-11-month-old infants to 11.5 mg/day for 14-16-year-old males.
Average intakes for adult men and women were 8-9 and 7 mg/day,
respectively. The major contributors to daily intake of aluminium were
foods with aluminium-containing food additives, e.g. grain products
and processed cheese.

Transverse fractures of the spinous process of the 7th cervical
vertebra in RDT patients: an Al related disease?
From: Int J Artif Organs (1987 Mar) 10(2):93-6

The bone fractures had occurred suddenly while the patients were going
about their daily work. These observations indicate that Al- or iron-
related bone disease with secondary hyperparathyroidism can induce
bone fracture by only slight stress in patients maintained on
hemodialysis.

Risk of aluminum accumulation in patients with burns and ways to
reduce it.
Klein G.L. – Herndon D.N. – Rutan T.C. – Barnett J.R. – Miller N.L. –
Alfrey A.C.

From: J Burn Care Rehabil (1994 Jul-Aug) 15(4):354-8

Severely burned patients experience a bone lesion consisting of
markedly reduced bone formation and evidence of decreased resportion.
The cause of the lesion may be multifactorial, but aluminum loading,
which also occurs in patients with burns, has been documented to
produce this type of injury in both humans and animals.

Cutaneous exposure to aluminum is greatest from baths, which may
provide up to 8 mg aluminum. However, the dynamics of aluminum entry
into the blood via a damaged skin barrier are unclear. Enteral
exposure to aluminum is no greater than daily dietary exposure.
Parenteral sources of aluminum, especially 25% human serum albumin and
calcium gluconate, provide the most significant risk of loading
because of direct introduction of aluminum into the circulation.

Substitution with a different brand of albumin and calcium chloride
can reduce the parenteral aluminum load by as much as 95% and minimize
any role aluminum may play in the pathogenesis of this bone lesion.

Aluminum concentrations in tissues of rats: effect of soft drink
packaging.
Kandiah J. – Kies C.

From: Biometals (1994 Jan) 7(1):57-60

Canned soft drink fed rats had significantly higher blood, liver and
bone aluminum concentration than rats that were given glass bottled
soft drink.

Sources of Aluminum
Over the Counter; Deoderants, vaginal douches, baby wipes, skin
creams, suntan lotions, toothpaste, buffered asprin, some haemorrhoid
and diarrhea products.

Medical; Vaccinations, allergy testing, intervenous solutions,
allergens, wound and antacid irrigation, ulcer treatment, blood
oxygenization, bone or joint replacement and burn treatment.

Foods; Aluminum cans, foils, containers, baking powder, cake mixes,
frozen dough, pancake mixes, self-rising flour, grains, processed
cheese.

Environmental Effects of Aluminum

CT Aluminum in acidic surface waters: chemistry, transport, and
effects.
From: Environ Health Perspect (1985 Nov) 63:93-104

Ecologically significant concentrations of Al have been reported in
surface waters draining "acid-sensitive" watersheds that are receiving
elevated inputs of acidic deposition. It has been hypothesized that
mineral acids from atmospheric deposition have remobilized Al
previously precipitated within the soil during soil development. This
Al is then thought to be transported to adjacent surface waters.
Dissolved mononuclear Al occurs as aquo Al, as well as OH-, F-,
SO4(2-), and organic complexes.

Although past investigations have often ignored non-hydroxide
complexes of Al, it appears that organic and F complexes are the
predominant forms of Al in dilute (low ionic strength) acidic surface
waters. The concentration of inorganic forms of Al increases
exponentially with decreases in solution pH. This response is similar
to the theoretical pH dependent solubility of Al mineral phases.

The concentration of organic forms of Al, however, is strongly
correlated with variations in organic carbon concentration of surface
waters rather than pH. Elevated concentrations of Al in dilute acidic
waters are of interest because: Al is an important pH buffer; Al may
influence the cycling of important elements like P, organic carbon,
and trace metals; and Al is potentially toxic to aquatic organisms.

Inhibition of Ca2+ uptake in freshwater carp, Cyprinus carpio, during
short-term exposure to aluminum.
Verbost P.M. – Lafeber F.P. – Spanings F.A. – Aarden E.M. – Wendelaar
Bonga S.E.

From: J Exp Zool (1992 Jun 1) 262(3):247-54

In carp exposed to pH 5.2 in fresh water, the Ca2+ influx from the
water is reduced by 31% when compared to fish in water of neutral pH.
At pH 5.2, the Ca2+ influx but not Na+ uptake is decreased by aluminum
(Al). Al reduces Ca2+ influx dose-dependently: a maximum 55% reduction
was observed after 1-2 h exposure to 200 micrograms .1(-1) (7.4
microM) Al.

A mechanism for acute aluminium toxicity in fish
Exley C. – Chappell J.S. – Birchall J.D.

From: J Theor Biol (1991 Aug 7) 151(3):417-28

Aluminium is acutely toxic to fish in acid waters. The gill is the
principal target organ and death is due to a combination of
ionoregulatory, osmoregulatory and respiratory dysfunction. The
mechanism of epithelial cell death is proposed as a general mechanism
of aluminium-induced accelerated cell death.

Can the mechanisms of aluminum neurotoxicity be integrated into a
unified scheme?
Strong M.J. – Garruto R.M. – Joshi J.G. – Mundy W.R. – Shafer T.J.

From: J Toxicol Environ Health (1996 Aug 30) 48(6):599-613

Regardless of the host, the route of administration, or the
speciation, aluminum is a potent neurotoxicant. In the young adult or
developmentally mature host, the neuronal response to Al exposure can
be dichotomized on morphological grounds. In one, intraneuronal
neurofilamentous aggregates are formed, whereas in the other,
significant neurochemical and neurophysiological perturbations are
induced without neurofilamentous aggregate formation.

Evidence is presented that the induction of neurofilamentous
aggregates is a consequence of alterations in the posttranslational
processing of neurofilament (NF), particularly with regard to
phosphorylation state. Although Al has been reported to impact on gene
expression, this does not appear to be critical to the induction of
cytoskeletal pathology.

In hosts responding to Al exposure without the induction of
cytoskeletal pathology, impairments in glucose utilization,
agonist-stimulated inositol phosphate accumulation, free
radical-mediated cytotoxicity, lipid peroxidation, reduced cholinergic
function, and altered protein phosphorylation have been described. The
extent to which these neurochemical modifications correlate with the
induction of a characteristic neurobehavioral state is unknown.

In addition to these paradigms, Al is toxic in the immediate postnatal
interval. Whether unique mechanisms of toxicity are involved during
development remains to be determined. In this article, the mechanisms
of Al neurotoxicity are reviewed and recommendations are put forth
with regard to future research.

Institutional address:

Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences

University of Western Ontario

London, Canada.

Aluminum toxicity following intravesical alum irrigation for
hemorrhagic cystitis.
Kanwar V.S. – Jenkins J.J. 3rd – Mandrell B.N. – Furman W.L.

From: Med Pediatr Oncol (1996 Jul) 27(1):64-7

Mental status changes in an immunosuppressed child can be due to a
variety of causes; aluminum toxicity is rarely considered. We report a
teenage girl with acute lymphoblastic leukemia who developed mental
status changes, speech disturbance, coarse tremor, and abnormal EEG
findings following intravesical 1% alum irrigation and administration
of aluminum-containing antacids. All abnormalities resolved after a
nine-week course of intravenous deferoxamine.

Progressing encephalomyelopathy with muscular atrophy, induced by
aluminum powder.
Bugiani O. – Ghetti B.

From: Neurobiol Aging (1982 Fall) 3(3):209-22

The injection of aluminum powder into the cerebrospinal fluid of adult
rabbits induced a slowly progressing encephalomyelopathy characterized
at first by alteration of posture and then by myoclonic jerks and
muscle weakness.

Neurofibrillary degeneration was the hallmark of the disease and
involved most of the gray areas. Neurogenic muscular atrophy appeared
in animals sacrificed in the second and third month after injection.

Aluminium foil as a wound dressing
Poole M.D. – Kalus A.M. – von Domarus H.

From: Br J Plast Surg (1979 Apr) 32(2):145-6

ISBN: 0007-1226

Aluminium foil has been found to be an extremely useful and painless
way of dressing wounds prior to delayed skin grafting. However, it is
not recommended for use on skin-graft donor sites as it delays
epithelial healing.

From: History of crime against the Food Laws (1929)
by Dr. Riley, the prime mover behind the original Pure Food Law and
Director of the FDA. He resigned in disgust in 1912 over exceptions
granted to the law and lack of enforcement.

Aluminum has been exempted from testing for safety by the FDA under a
convoluted logic wherein it is classified as GRAS. (Generally Regarded
As Safe.) It has never been tested by the FDA on its safety and there
are NO restrictions whatever on the amount or use of aluminum.

Diseases Associated with Aluminium Intoxication
H. Tomlinson, M.B., Ch.B., MRCS., LRCP

Aluminum is known to inhibit cell division during the "S Phase" at
levels less than 4 ppm.
Aluminum toxicity is a widespread problem in all forms of life,
including humans, animals, fish, plants and trees, and causes
widespread degradation of the environment and health. Over 7,000
reference articles on aluminum toxicity existed in various data bases
as of 1936, (Today, there are more than a million.) all recognizing
the toxicity.