A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » misc.kids » Kids Health
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks to retired vaccine researcher



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old October 30th 10, 05:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
carole
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks to retired vaccine researcher


"dr_jeff" wrote in message ...
On 10/30/10 8:27 AM, carole wrote:
"Bob Officer"-*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message news
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:44:53 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
wrote:


wrote in message 4.39...
wrote in
d.com:

There is no correlation between autism and increase in vaccinations.
You might just as well claim that there is a correlation between
increased rate of ice-cream sales and deaths by drowning in the
Scandinavian countries.

There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

Your logic is faulty.

There is an increase of ice-cream sales in Scandinavian countries.
There is an increase of deaths by drowning deaths in Scandinavian
countries.
No correlation.

My understanding of the word "correlation" is two things that happen in tandem or simultaneously.
They don't have to prove that they are connected, merely that they happen at the same rate.

Close. They must have correspondence and show cause and effect and
they have to somehow be coupled to show causality. which it doesn't.


Not necessarily show cause and effect, only that they move in the same direction together.


Yeah, so what? The amount of oil burned for energy moves in the same direction, with the rates of diagnosed autism, too.


So do you think its a likely cause of autism?
If not, why not?

Do you think its possible that vaccines cause autism?
If not why not?


If somebody says there is a correlation between the amount of something and the incidence of another thing, it is said to show a
correlation.


Yeah, so what? It doesn't mean causation.

Doesn't prove there is causal effect necessarily, but you'd look for one.


Yeah, and a causal role for vaccines in autism has been looked for. And one has not been found. Another way to show that vaccines
cause autism would be a mechanism. Not one viable mechanism has been found. There is also evidence that indicates that autism is
caused by other things, like genetics and development.


So what it the reason for the increase in autism?


  #22  
Old October 30th 10, 05:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
carole
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks to retired vaccine researcher


"dr_jeff" wrote in message ...
On 10/30/10 8:44 AM, carole wrote:
"Bob Officer"-*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:37:23 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
wrote:


wrote in message 4.39...
wrote in
d.com:

What about the correlation between autism and increase in
vaccinations?

There is no correlation between autism and increase in vaccinations. You
might just as well claim that there is a correlation between increased rate
of ice-cream sales and deaths by drowning in the Scandinavian countries.

This is false logic.

There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

So is this false:

there is an increase in automobiles
there is an increase in autism
therefore a correlation


Oh, I see where you're going wrong bob. You don't understand the meaning of the word "correlation".


One meaning of correlation is that if you know one value something, you can use that value to predict the value of something else.
So, if you know the number of cars sold in one year, you can predict the number of cases of autism or vice versa. In this case,
the correlation has a common cause - both the sales of cars and the number of cases of autism is going up over time. One is not
causing the other.


Yes, I know what correlation means.

If something shows a correlation, it can be looked at as a likely cause and studies done.
Correlation doesn't mean there is a cause and effect, merely that as one moves one way, so does the other.
It is then said to show a correlation.


You should look it up for yourself ...I looked it up once but you didn't seem to pay attention.
Maybe you'll appreciate it more if you do the work yourself.

Once a correlation, meaning a possible connection, established, it is then up to science to do the testing to see if it is true.
However, the testing isn't being done.


Again, you're wrong about the testing not being done.


There hasn't been adequate testing.
The whole thing is being covered up.




Here is an article in the Wall Street Journal about how scientists are looking for the cause of autism.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...632663996.html

Here are some studies being done to examine autism:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...632663996.html


These two above is the same article.

Here is a better link http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/ .


Here is one look at MMR combined vaccine vs. measles vaccine as a cause of autism.

http://journals.lww.com/pidj/Abstrac...bella. 3.aspx

And this is a review article: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588033

Vaccine dangers and vested interests
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.p...&limitstart=10

"A retired vaccine researcher goes public on what the pharmaceutical industry and the health authorities don't want us to know:
that
vaccines are unsafe, untested and one of the greatest frauds of our time."


Who is the retired vaccine researcher?


You can read.


smartarse crap snipped --

You are a true moron bob, and I doubt there is any hope for you because you are too arrogant to admit the error of your ways.
You rant and rail against others using ad hominem attacks ie attacking the person, yet you resort to this tactic over and over.
You are a true ****wit.



And don't accuse me of personal attacks unless you are prepared to do the same for the quaker prick.

--
Carole
www.conspiracee.com
"There are known knowns - there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns - that is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns - there are things we don't know we don't know." -- Donald Rumsfeld





  #23  
Old October 30th 10, 06:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
dr_jeff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 293
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks toretired vaccine researcher

On 10/30/10 12:12 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message ...
On 10/30/10 8:27 AM, carole wrote:
"Bob Officer"-*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message news On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:44:53 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
wrote:


wrote in message 4.39...
wrote in
d.com:

There is no correlation between autism and increase in vaccinations.
You might just as well claim that there is a correlation between
increased rate of ice-cream sales and deaths by drowning in the
Scandinavian countries.

There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

Your logic is faulty.

There is an increase of ice-cream sales in Scandinavian countries.
There is an increase of deaths by drowning deaths in Scandinavian
countries.
No correlation.

My understanding of the word "correlation" is two things that happen in tandem or simultaneously.
They don't have to prove that they are connected, merely that they happen at the same rate.

Close. They must have correspondence and show cause and effect and
they have to somehow be coupled to show causality. which it doesn't.

Not necessarily show cause and effect, only that they move in the same direction together.


Yeah, so what? The amount of oil burned for energy moves in the same direction, with the rates of diagnosed autism, too.


So do you think its a likely cause of autism?
If not, why not?

Do you think its possible that vaccines cause autism?
If not why not?


There is no plausible mechanism that would explain how autism might be
caused by vaccines. And all the good research done to day indicates that
autism is not caused by any vaccine.

If somebody says there is a correlation between the amount of something and the incidence of another thing, it is said to show a
correlation.


Yeah, so what? It doesn't mean causation.

Doesn't prove there is causal effect necessarily, but you'd look for one.


Yeah, and a causal role for vaccines in autism has been looked for. And one has not been found. Another way to show that vaccines
cause autism would be a mechanism. Not one viable mechanism has been found. There is also evidence that indicates that autism is
caused by other things, like genetics and development.


So what it the reason for the increase in autism?


Better diagnosis is the main reason why so many more kids are diagnosed
with autism. For example, in the LA area, a study found that the higher
the education level of the parents, the more likely they were to have
their kids diagnosed with autism. Most likely, with their better
education, they were able to get an accurate diagnosis for the problems
their kids were having. In addition, the diagnostic criteria for autism
spectrum diseases changed, resulting in more people diagnosed.

Jeff
  #24  
Old October 30th 10, 06:53 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
dr_jeff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 293
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks toretired vaccine researcher

On 10/30/10 12:24 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message ...
On 10/30/10 8:44 AM, carole wrote:
"Bob Officer"-*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:37:23 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
wrote:


wrote in message 4.39...
wrote in
d.com:

What about the correlation between autism and increase in
vaccinations?

There is no correlation between autism and increase in vaccinations. You
might just as well claim that there is a correlation between increased rate
of ice-cream sales and deaths by drowning in the Scandinavian countries.

This is false logic.

There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

So is this false:

there is an increase in automobiles
there is an increase in autism
therefore a correlation

Oh, I see where you're going wrong bob. You don't understand the meaning of the word "correlation".


One meaning of correlation is that if you know one value something, you can use that value to predict the value of something else.
So, if you know the number of cars sold in one year, you can predict the number of cases of autism or vice versa. In this case,
the correlation has a common cause - both the sales of cars and the number of cases of autism is going up over time. One is not
causing the other.


Yes, I know what correlation means.

If something shows a correlation, it can be looked at as a likely cause and studies done.


No, why would a correlation mean that something is a likely cause? The
vast majority of correlations are either coincidence (like autism and
vaccines) or have a common cause, but one doesn't cause the other (like
ice cream sales and rape - both go up with increased temperatures).

Correlation doesn't mean there is a cause and effect, merely that as one moves one way, so does the other.
It is then said to show a correlation.


Exactly.

You should look it up for yourself ...I looked it up once but you didn't seem to pay attention.
Maybe you'll appreciate it more if you do the work yourself.

Once a correlation, meaning a possible connection, established, it is then up to science to do the testing to see if it is true.
However, the testing isn't being done.


Again, you're wrong about the testing not being done.


There hasn't been adequate testing.
The whole thing is being covered up.




Here is an article in the Wall Street Journal about how scientists are looking for the cause of autism.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...632663996.html

Here are some studies being done to examine autism:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...632663996.html


These two above is the same article.

Here is a better link http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/ .


Why would this be a better link? It has nothing to do with science. It
has to do with politics.

Here is one look at MMR combined vaccine vs. measles vaccine as a cause of autism.

http://journals.lww.com/pidj/Abstrac...bella. 3.aspx

And this is a review article: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588033

Vaccine dangers and vested interests
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.p...&limitstart=10

"A retired vaccine researcher goes public on what the pharmaceutical industry and the health authorities don't want us to know:
that
vaccines are unsafe, untested and one of the greatest frauds of our time."


Who is the retired vaccine researcher?


You can read.


smartarse crap snipped --

You are a true moron bob, and I doubt there is any hope for you because you are too arrogant to admit the error of your ways.
You rant and rail against others using ad hominem attacks ie attacking the person, yet you resort to this tactic over and over.
You are a true ****wit.



And don't accuse me of personal attacks unless you are prepared to do the same for the quaker prick.


  #25  
Old October 30th 10, 10:25 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
carole
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks to retired vaccine researcher


"Bob Officer" -*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message ...
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 23:27:24 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
"carole" wrote:


"Bob Officer" -*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message news
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:44:53 +1100, in misc.health.alternative,
"carole" wrote:


"Steelclaws" wrote in message 4.39...
"carole" wrote in
d.com:

There is no correlation between autism and increase in vaccinations.
You might just as well claim that there is a correlation between
increased rate of ice-cream sales and deaths by drowning in the
Scandinavian countries.

There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

Your logic is faulty.

There is an increase of ice-cream sales in Scandinavian countries.
There is an increase of deaths by drowning deaths in Scandinavian
countries.
No correlation.

My understanding of the word "correlation" is two things that happen in tandem or simultaneously.
They don't have to prove that they are connected, merely that they happen at the same rate.

Close. They must have correspondence and show cause and effect and
they have to somehow be coupled to show causality. which it doesn't.


Not necessarily show cause and effect, only that they move in the same direction together.


No they don't Carole.

They can be opposites also. See how incomplete you knowledge base is?


Well yes, I thought opposite too ...which goes without saying, but you thought fit to jump in and say it anyway.
As per the master of the bleeding obvious.


If somebody says there is a correlation between the amount of something
and the incidence of another thing, it is said to show a
correlation.


The base of the great pyramid of giza (146.5 meters) and the common
Bic Crystal Pen is 14.65mm in length. Some people would say (infer)
there is some sort of correlation on the face of comparison of the
two figures, but there is none at all. They are considered unrelated.

Again you general lack of a working knowledge base shows you do not
understand the correct usage of the word "correlation".


To show a correlation doesn't means to observe they work in tandem which is grounds for a likely cause and effect and further study,
dickhead.


Doesn't prove there is causal effect necessarily, but you'd look for one.


I would. I would have to explore 1st if there is any actual
relationship between the two.


Well really?
And what did I just finish saying numb-nuts?

Bob officer is a legend in his own mind.

--
Carole
www.conspiracee.com
Bob Officer finally admits it -"I am a tool"
http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi...ss+epidemic%22



  #26  
Old October 30th 10, 10:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
carole
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks to retired vaccine researcher


"Bob Officer" -*-*[email protected]*-*- wrote in message ...
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:53:02 -0400, in misc.health.alternative,
dr_jeff wrote:



Oh, I see where you're going wrong bob. You don't understand the meaning of the word "correlation".

One meaning of correlation is that if you know one value something, you can use that value to predict the value of something
else.
So, if you know the number of cars sold in one year, you can predict the number of cases of autism or vice versa. In this case,
the correlation has a common cause - both the sales of cars and the number of cases of autism is going up over time. One is not
causing the other.


That would be a "proven correlation", whereas something can show a correlation without understanding any cause or effect.


Yes, I know what correlation means.

If something shows a correlation, it can be looked at as a likely cause and studies done.


No, why would a correlation mean that something is a likely cause? The
vast majority of correlations are either coincidence (like autism and
vaccines) or have a common cause, but one doesn't cause the other (like
ice cream sales and rape - both go up with increased temperatures).

Correlation doesn't mean there is a cause and effect, merely that as one moves one way, so does the other.
It is then said to show a correlation.


Exactly.


Not always.

the Great Pyramid of Giza's base is 1460mters
the length of a Bic's (crustal) pen is 1460mm


No, not always brother bob, but a valid definition all the same.

Spare us the illustration.
We all know how you like to baffle with bull**** and that you are a moron. grin


--
Carole
www.conspiracee.com
"The members of skeptical societies often operate from a faith, a faith known today as scientism, which is the worship of science,
believing its methods to be the only valid path to knowledge." --Wade Frazier, The Medical Racket.
http://www.ahealedplanet.net/medicine.htm



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copenhagen Police Investigating Autism Vaccine Researcher Dr. Poul Thorsen for Fraud john[_5_] Kids Health 0 March 17th 10 06:44 PM
Lead researcher calls giving HPV vaccine to 11 year olds "great big public health experiment' bigvince Kids Health 0 October 20th 07 02:54 AM
Vaccine Dangers Jan Drew Kids Health 2 June 6th 07 04:46 AM
On vaccine dangers from a vaccine damage victim. [email protected] Kids Health 30 July 9th 06 06:19 PM
Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests john Kids Health 0 March 7th 06 05:50 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.