My own name question

Old May 25th 04, 05:00 PM
Denise Anderson

Default My own name question

Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her when
this DD arrives. All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

Any opinions?

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 05:09 PM
Circe

Denise Anderson wrote:
Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be
her when this DD arrives.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that!

All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be
able to fill out the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't
agreed on a name yet.

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't
look like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of
these names are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley
Riley
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)
Katrina

I like Katrina best, myself. Haley and Riley both strike me as too trendy
and, while Brianna is a nice enough name, I'm just not overly fond of it.
So, if *I* were picking from that list, it would be Katrina.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old May 25th 04, 05:27 PM
CY

Seconded...
"Circe" wrote in message
newsbKsc.21317$wa.11557@fed1read07...

Old May 25th 04, 06:13 PM
Sophie

Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her
when
this DD arrives.

Oh bummer! Did you know he was going now, for how long??

All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Nah, this means you can pick the name, how will he know - lol

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley

I never know how to pronounce this one cos it's not Hailey/Hayley. So it's
like Haley's Comet? Makes me think of the Sixth Sense boy.

Riley

If it's a first name, it's a boy's name IMO.

Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)

Yay! Lol. Really don't care for this, too common.

Katrina

From your list, this would be my pick.

Any opinions?

Yes lots

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 06:20 PM
Denise Anderson

"Sophie" wrote in message
Ok.. My DH is gonna be deploying this week so he definitly won't be her

when
this DD arrives.

Oh bummer! Did you know he was going now, for how long??

Well I knew he'd be going, so we tried to plan this pregnancy around it.
Some weird stuff happened in the shipyard so their deployments are all
messed up now and he'll miss it by a couple days because of the way they
were rearranged. Oh well. He's been here for the other 3, that's pretty
good in the grand scheme of things.

All the sudden I'm terrified I won't be able to fill out
the birth certificate paperwork because we haven't agreed on a name yet.

Nah, this means you can pick the name, how will he know - lol

I wonder if anyone's ever got divorced over baby names picked on deployment

Here's our short list. I've won the middle name battle, it doesn't look
like I'm going to win the first name battle, so while none of these

names
are my favorite, they're what we agree on so far.

Haley

I never know how to pronounce this one cos it's not Hailey/Hayley. So

it's
like Haley's Comet? Makes me think of the Sixth Sense boy.

Well I didn't realize he and I were saying it differently, which makes me
want to take it off the list. Not to mention, I'm sure the kid will get
called Comet. Its his favorite name though, so I've left it for now.

Riley

If it's a first name, it's a boy's name IMO.

I agree

Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)

Yay! Lol. Really don't care for this, too common.

Super common. But like Haley, its one of his favorites and I did get him to
give up the U.

Katrina

From your list, this would be my pick.

Any opinions?

Yes lots

Well you try talking some sense into the man. I was actually surprised he
agreed on Katrina at all.

Denise

Old May 25th 04, 06:29 PM
Denise Anderson

"Circe" wrote in message
Denise Anderson wrote:
Brianna (yay, no U, Sophie!)

Yay! Lol. Really don't care for this, too common.

Super common.

Yep. #17 in popularity in 2003.

But like Haley, its one of his favorites and I did
get him to give up the U.

What is it about Brianna that you think he likes? If it's the "anna" at

the
end, how about Johanna (#517), Leanna (#722) or Deanna (#427). I'd just be
inclined to go for any of those over Brianna so she won't have the same

name
as half a dozen other little girls in her elementary school.
--

I have no idea what it is. He likes Rhianna also, but all other -annas get
a big thumbs down. This combined with the fact that our last name is

Old May 25th 04, 06:39 PM
Circe

Denise Anderson wrote:
But like Haley, its one of his favorites and I did
get him to give up the U.

What is it about Brianna that you think he likes? If it's the
"anna" at the end, how about Johanna (#517), Leanna (#722) or
Deanna (#427). I'd just be inclined to go for any of those over
Brianna so she won't have the same name as half a dozen other
little girls in her elementary school. --

I have no idea what it is. He likes Rhianna also, but all other
-annas get a big thumbs down. This combined with the fact that our
last name is Anderson irritate the heck out of me. We've never had
this hard of a time picking out a name.

LOL, I know if we ever decide to have a fourth and it's a girl, the name is
going to be an outright dogfight. Maybe by the time you get to the fourth
child (esp. if they are all the same gender), you've run out of all your
good ideas! The good thing, I guess, is that my husband generally likes
trendy names that I dislike even less than *I* like them--he is 1000 times
more picky than I am and would *never* like or suggest something like Haley
or Riley. (I actually suggested Harper once as a girl name after Harper Lee,
who wrote _To Kill a Mockingbird_. I rather like it, but he *hated* it!)

It's too bad he doesn't like Joanna/Johanna. I think that's a very pretty
name (esp. with the "h", for some reason), very traditional without being
common. And I don't think Rhianna is a "real" name--it's Rhiannon. What can
I say: men are weird! Although, honestly, if I had to pick between Brianna
and Rhianna, I'd probably choose Rhianna simply because it's not wildly
popular.

I do hear what you're saying about the repeated "an" syllable, and it'd be
nice to avoid that. Katrina is very nice and sounds well with Anderson. If
he'll go with it, that's definitely what I'd pick if I were you.

Old May 25th 04, 06:52 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Sophie wrote:
Denise wrote:
Riley

If it's a first name, it's a boy's name IMO.

Really?! I don't think I've heard a boy Riley in
*ages* and *ages*, but I've heard a lot of girl Rileys.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite name, but I think the
tide (if there was one) has definitely turned on this
name, at least on the US east coast.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 25th 04, 06:53 PM
Leslie

Denise,

What *is* the middle name? It would help to see how both names sound together.

Leslie

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 04:25 PM