Vaccine quote of the week by Bernard Rimland, PhD

Old July 8th 06, 07:25 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
john

Default Vaccine quote of the week by Bernard Rimland, PhD

http://www.whale.to/v/rimland2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Rimland

I was the first to announce the "autism epidemic", in 1995, and I pointed
out in that article that excessive vaccines were a plausible cause of the
epidemic. As you know, an enormous amount of clinical laboratory research
(as opposed to epidemiological research), has been accumulated since that
time, supporting my position. (I did not know then that the vaccines
contained mercury, although I had been collecting data since 1967 from the
mothers of autistic children, on any dental work they may have had during
their pregnancy.) The evidence is now overwhelming, despite the
misinformation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the
American Academy of Pediatrics and the Institute of Medicine. The
(Pretending to) Combat Autism Act By Bernard Rimland

Old July 8th 06, 07:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"john" wrote in message
http://www.whale.to/v/rimland2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Rimland

I was the first to announce the "autism epidemic", in 1995, and I pointed
out in that article that excessive vaccines were a plausible cause of the
epidemic. As you know, an enormous amount of clinical laboratory research
(as opposed to epidemiological research), has been accumulated since that
time, supporting my position. (I did not know then that the vaccines
contained mercury, although I had been collecting data since 1967 from the
mothers of autistic children, on any dental work they may have had during
their pregnancy.) The evidence is now overwhelming, despite the
misinformation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the
American Academy of Pediatrics and the Institute of Medicine. The
(Pretending to) Combat Autism Act By Bernard Rimland

Yet medical experts who actually understand medicine, vaccines, the brain
and immunology have looked at the data and determined that it is very
unlikely that autism is caused by vaccines. These experts include people
from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the CDC, FDA and Institute of
Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences.

Please provide instances where their reports were in error. Back these
claims with peer-reviewed research.

Jeff

Old July 8th 06, 08:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
john

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

The evidence is now overwhelming, despite the
misinformation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the
American Academy of Pediatrics and the Institute of Medicine. ------
Bernard Rimland

These experts include people from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the
CDC, FDA and Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences.

LOL.

Old July 9th 06, 05:15 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
john

Default Vaccine quote of the week 2 by David Ayoub, MD

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ayoub_h.html

I am no longer "trying to dig up evidence to prove" vaccines cause autism.
There is already abundant evidence, the same conclusion made by a 2003 U.S.
Congressional Committee. This debate is not scientific but is political. I
am trying to encourage physicians who have been badly misled by nothing less
than spin and propaganda to review the extensive scientific evidence for
themselves showing the vaccine-autism link, even though "experts"
disagree.. --- [July 9, 2006 Blog/letter] Discovering the causes, treatment
of autism ----David Ayoub, MD

Old July 9th 06, 08:13 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"john" wrote in message

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ayoub_h.html

I am no longer "trying to dig up evidence to prove" vaccines cause autism.
There is already abundant evidence, the same conclusion made by a 2003
U.S. Congressional Committee. This debate is not scientific but is
political. I am trying to encourage physicians who have been badly misled
by nothing less than spin and propaganda to review the extensive
scientific evidence for themselves showing the vaccine-autism link, even
though "experts" disagree.. --- [July 9, 2006 Blog/letter] Discovering the
causes, treatment of autism ----David Ayoub, MD

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

That conclusion is made by people who are not practicing science, like 2003
Congressional committee and the idiot "doctor" in Florida.

Jeff

Old July 9th 06, 11:30 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
David Wright

In article , john wrote:

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ayoub_h.html

I am no longer "trying to dig up evidence to prove" vaccines cause autism.
There is already abundant evidence, the same conclusion made by a 2003 U.S.
Congressional Committee.

Let me guess. That's be the committee chaired by Dan Burton, who is
already convinced that vaccines cause autism. He then commissioned
the Geiers, who also believe it, to find evidence to support their
belief. Golly gee, they found it. What a surprise.

If evidence this biased came from the "vaccines don't cause autism"
researchers, the anti-vaxers would be screaming the house down. But
bias is only bad when they think their opponents are showing it.

This debate is not scientific but is political.

True. There's no real scientific debate about the worthlessness of
the typical anti-vaxer "evidence."

I am trying to encourage physicians who have been badly misled by
nothing less than spin and propaganda

Put forth by organizations like "Defeat Autism Now!" for which Ayoub
is a shill.

to review the extensive scientific evidence for themselves showing
the vaccine-autism link, even though "experts" disagree.. --- [July
9, 2006 Blog/letter] Discovering the causes, treatment
of autism ----David Ayoub, MD

I assume the word "experts" is in quotations because someone like
Ayoub would mean, say, Bernard Rimland.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Old July 10th 06, 02:52 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"john" wrote in message

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ayoub_h.html

I am no longer "trying to dig up evidence to prove" vaccines cause
autism. There is already abundant evidence, the same conclusion made by a
2003 U.S. Congressional Committee. This debate is not scientific but is
political. I am trying to encourage physicians who have been badly misled
by nothing less than spin and propaganda to review the extensive
scientific evidence for themselves showing the vaccine-autism link, even
though "experts" disagree.. --- [July 9, 2006 Blog/letter] Discovering
the causes, treatment of autism ----David Ayoub, MD

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm

Old July 10th 06, 03:13 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jan Drew

"David Wright" wrote in message
.net...
In article , john wrote:

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ayoub_h.html

I am no longer "trying to dig up evidence to prove" vaccines cause
autism.
There is already abundant evidence, the same conclusion made by a 2003
U.S.
Congressional Committee.

Let me guess. That's be the committee chaired by Dan Burton, who is
already convinced that vaccines cause autism. He then commissioned
the Geiers, who also believe it, to find evidence to support their
belief. Golly gee, they found it. What a surprise.

http://www.house.gov/burton/dan.htm

Dan Burton is currently serving his twelfth term as a United States
Representative from
Indiana's Fifth Congressional District. His first term in Congress began in
January of 1983. The Fifth District lies in the heart of central Indiana
and includes all of Tipton, Grant, Miami, Wabash, Huntington, Hamilton, and
Hancock Counties, as well as parts of Marion, Shelby, Howard and Johnson
Counties.

When Congressman Burton assumed the Chairmanship of the House Committee on
Government Reform in the 105th Congress, he became the first Hoosier
Republican to Chair a full House Committee in more than sixty years. The
last was Congressman William Robert Wood, who chaired the Committee on
Appropriations during the 71st Congress (1929-1931). Congressman Burton
currently serves as Chairman of the House International Relations
Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere.

Dan Burton was born on June 21, 1938, in Indianapolis, Indiana. He graduated
from Shortridge High School in 1957, and attended Indiana University and the
Cincinnati Bible Seminary. Congressman Burton received the Honorary Degree
of Doctor of Humanities from Capitol University of Integrative Medicine on
December 17, 2000. As a proud veteran of our Armed Forces, Dan served in the
U.S. Army and the U.S. Army Reserves (1957-1962). Before his election to
Congress, Mr. Burton held office in the Indiana State Senate (1969-70 and
1981-82), as well as in the Indiana House of Representatives (1967-68 and
1977-80). The Burton family resides in Indianapolis, Indiana.

COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (www.house.gov/international_relations)
Senior Member
Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, Chairman
Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific, Vice Chairman

GOVERNMENT REFORM (www.reform.house.gov)
Former Chairman (1997 - 2002)
Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats, and International
Relations
Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy, and Human Resources

VETERAN'S AFFAIRS (veterans.house.gov/)

CAUCUS MEMBERSHIPS:

a.. Autism
b.. Automotive
c.. Bipartisan Disabilities
d.. Biotechnology
e.. Coalition for Autism Research and education (CARE)
f.. Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) - Co-Chairman*
g.. Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) - Co-Chairman*
h.. Congressional Bipartisan Cerebral Palsy - Founder & Chairman
i.. Congressional Anti-Terrorist Financing Task Force
j.. Congressional Caucus on the European Union
k.. Congressional Diabetes
l.. Congressional Fire Services
m.. Congressional Cuban Democracy
n.. Congressional Taskforce Against Anti-Semitism
o.. Distributed Energy
p.. Farmer Cooperative
q.. French
r.. Friends of Denmark
s.. Friends of New Zealand Congressional
t.. Friends of Norway
u.. House Republican Israel
v.. Human Rights
w.. Hungary
x.. Immigration Reform
y.. Indonesia - Co-Founder and Co-Chairman*
z.. Insurance - Chairman
aa.. International Conservation
ab.. I-69
ac.. Malaysia Trade, Security, and Economic Cooperation
ad.. Manufacturing
ae.. Medical Malpractice Crisis Task Force
af.. Methamphetamine
ag.. Missing and Exploited Children's
ah.. National Guard & Reserve Components
ai.. National Republican Congressional Committee
aj.. National Retail Sales Tax
ak.. Northeast-Midwest Congressional Coalition
al.. Public Service
am.. Real Estate
an.. Republican Study Committee (RSC) - Co-Founder*
ao.. Serbia - Co-Founder and Co-Chairman*
ap.. Singapore
aq.. Spina Bifida
ar.. Taiwan
as.. Textile
at.. US-Israel Security
au.. Victim's Rights
av.. Zoo
AWARDS:

Congressman Burton has received special recognition from several
organizations for his voting record and leadership in Congress. His honors
include:

a.. 2005 National Foundation for Women Legislators (NFWL) Leadership Award
on behalf of the NFWL for Congressman Burton's tireless work on health care
issues.
b.. 2004 True Blue Award presented by the Family Research Council for
Congressman Burton's 100% voting record on behalf of American families.
c.. 2004 Benjamin Franklin Award from the 60 Plus Association for efforts
to permanently repeal the estate tax, more commonly referred to as the death
tax.
d.. 2004 Friend of the Farm Bureau Award from the American Farm Bureau
Federation for voting to protect the interests of our nation's farmers.
e.. 2004 Small Business Advocate Award from the Small Business Survival
Committee for voting to help keep small businesses stay strong thru
continued innovation, improved investments, and creating new jobs.
f.. 2004 Friend of the Shareholder Award from American Shareholders
Association for demonstrating an avid commitment to protecting Indiana
shareholders and enhancing economic growth in America.
g.. 2004 Hero of the Taxpayer Award from Americans for Tax Reform for
siding with taxpayers on crucial tax and economic issues in the 108th
Congress.
h.. Twenty Spirit of Enterprise Awards, including for 2004, from the U.S.
Chamber of Commerce for voting in support of free enterprise and a strong
economy.
i.. Twelve Golden Bulldog Awards from the Watchdogs of the Treasury for
voting to cut wasteful Federal spending and reduce taxes.
j.. Twelve Taxpayers' Friend Awards from the National Taxpayers Union for
fiscal responsibility.
k.. Ten National Security Leadership Awards for supporting a policy of
peace through strength. The American Security Council, the Veterans of
Foreign Wars, and the Reserve Officer Association give the awards jointly.
l.. Eight Guardian of Small Business Awards from the National Federation
of Independent Business for supporting small business.

If evidence this biased came from the "vaccines don't cause autism"
researchers, the anti-vaxers would be screaming the house down. But
bias is only bad when they think their opponents are showing it.

This debate is not scientific but is political.

True. There's no real scientific debate about the worthlessness of
the typical anti-vaxer "evidence."

I am trying to encourage physicians who have been badly misled by
nothing less than spin and propaganda

Put forth by organizations like "Defeat Autism Now!" for which Ayoub
is a shill.

That's a lie.

http://www.healthgrades.com/director...D-4839DF74.cfm

Specialties
Diagnostic Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=23480

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

Old July 10th 06, 03:51 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Jeff

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

Actually, I have not seen any medical experts who think that autism is
caused by mercury in vaccines.

ACTually, you have!

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/asdexperts.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Old July 10th 06, 04:07 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
HCN

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

(...)

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/BUYfromUS.htm

Wrong on two counts:

1) The link doesn't work, at least not from my computer.

2) Even if you think the people mentioned on the page are experts, that
doesn't mean they are.

Jeff

Even worse she shilling for a company that sells quack meds to desperate
people!